Just had the craziest idea...

in Elementalist

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Edit: This is for PvP.

Don’t tell me this is too complicated to work, because I’ve got a solid troupe of elementalists to make this happen.

Mesmer drops portal to enemy zerg.
Multiple (5) elementalists cast Tornado (I mean, the elite abilities suck anyways)
A necro drops Wells on the exit portal.
Elementalists take the portal (Tornado gives em stability, so who cares if they see it coming)

Dark Combo Field + Whirl Combo Finisher = Leech Projectiles x5 players with people flying everywhere

Tell me that wouldn’t be the Best. Thing. Evar.

If this isn’t debunked in its theory-crafting phases, i’m going to get this going tonight and make videos to make/break the validity of this awesome post.

Imagine a group of defenders camping the lords room of a tower getting hit with this shenanigans

Any ideas on something else which might work better than a dark field?

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

(edited by KrazyFlyinChicken.5936)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

You are going to knock people out of your Portal area immediately, dealing mediocre damage.

They are then going to move away from your little Tornado ball and kill you from range quite easily as you sit there.

Tornado is too terrible for this to work versus anyone with the slightest of clues (and sufficiently large zergs will kill you anyway).

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Actually the idea could be great with some modification (as well not needing 5 ele could be done with about 3) The necro also isn’t necessarily needed.

The mesmer stealth’s into the zerg to drop the portal (hes prob going to die at the end of this) 3+ ele go through and cause the zerg to scatter (these ele will prob die)

Now here is the change to your idea, The zerg is now scattered, counter zerg sweeps in to pick off split off players rapidly and attempt to save ele and mesmers.

It would basically be a hard to coordinate zerg v zerg initiation attempt. But could be effective depending on how well the ele’s split up the enemy zerg, and how quickly the ele’s team zerg can move in.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

an engineer drops concussion bomb. all eles are dead.

Symbolic

in Elementalist

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Confirmed.

This is a terrible idea and should never again be attempted

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in Elementalist

Posted by: Polaritie.4851

Polaritie.4851

an engineer drops concussion bomb. all eles are dead.

Mesmer rolls F1-F4, all eles are dead. Faster. (30 in illusions, obv)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kirbyprime.2645

Kirbyprime.2645

There’s a variation of this strategy used in WvW with golems for the express purpose of knocking back large groups of people from gates.

Problem being that with Ele’s it’s an elite and is far less effective.