Just rolled an Ele and lovin it!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: RavenRecoil.6103

RavenRecoil.6103

I have played ranger to lvl 80. once i got my 1st bday gift with instant lvl 20 on new toon i rolled an ele. What fun!! I can tell there will be a lot to get used to. 4 different elementants at my finger tips.

I am a hardcore casual player at best!!
Always up wind from my prey. I want them to smell my farts!

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Poor kid. Living in a fantasy. You will wake up when you hit 80

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: deadatspawn.6045

deadatspawn.6045

I enjoy my Ele. It is my main. I had no idea how to play the game and learning to survive with a ele taught me a good amount.

(edited by deadatspawn.6045)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I don’t play competitively, so I can’t say anything about how it’s balanced there, but I absolutely love Elementalist for PvE. Made on in the first beta weekend, it’s been my main character since launch, and it’s still my favorite, several alts later.

Elementalist skills are flashy, and the constant attunement swapping can make it very fast-paced.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Elementalist

RavenRecoil.6103

Ya i only do pve. Having a blast. My first toon in GW1 was an Ele. I can see with all the different elements it is very face paced.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

Eles definitely aren’t in a great spot at the moment, but myself and many others still find them very enjoyable. Just because something isn’t above the top strong doesn’t mean it’s not fun or good. Of course though- hates gonna hate.

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

in Elementalist

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

ele is terrible at the moment, dont get your hopes up, you have been bottlenecked into the worst class with worst weapon if you play ele staff. its useless, does 0 to no damage if you cannot combo field. and i wouldnt be surprised if eles will slowly start to get kicked out of groups due to there ineptness at all fields except healing, wich, in a reall party you wont need.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

and i wouldnt be surprised if eles will slowly start to get kicked out of groups due to there ineptness at all fields except healing, wich, in a reall party you wont need.

This is already happening. Saw several lfg requests like this in the past days(LFG tool): “LF3M, only 80. No ele/ranger”. I am leveleing my guardian right now(47 at this moment), I donĀ“t see why I should keep up playing elementalist.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

OP forgot the caption that read “This message brought to you by ANet Positivity Team.” RavenRecoil.6103, delete the ele before you commit fully, and roll a guardian, necro, or engi, depending on what gameplay you want.

Let me tell you my first time-to-quit-gw2 experience. So we’re getting pushed out of Eternal Battlegrounds. We made a desperate push to retake our keep. The enemy had all three orbs. We were valiant underdogs. I moved to the corner to force a gathering group off a cliff by the keep wall. At first the group retreated, all except one – one amazing Guardian. I was sure in the eles OPness. I wrecked. Until he appeared. Today I do not know whether it was a real Gaurdian or a superhero in disguise. With only a staff in hand he took my entire rotation (all four elements). At first he was shy, dodging and healing. After a few rotations he boldly laughed and danced while absorbing the best rotation I had ever thrown. He dropped 45%. I /emoted cry as a Norn. It was epic. I know everyone around was as shocked as I was, since everyone in view was standing looking at the two of us. Uber Guardian crouched for might as I shamefully casted a quick set of dps to no avail. He used two staff abilities and killed me in six hits, through my combo healing.

If you stay with ele, then I wish you luck to compensate.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

If you’re mostly interested in PvE, or maybe a support role in WvW, you’ll probably continue to enjoy the class. Just beware of solo PvP.

(edited by Chaosky.5276)

in Elementalist

ErazorZ.5209

If you’re mostly interested in PvE, or maybe a support role in WvW, you’ll probably continue to enjoy the class. Just beware of solo PvP.

Just prepare to really have a select few things you can do because indeed sPvP is HELL for elementalist (in every wich way btw)

WvW youll ONLY run with the big blob zerg and cast fire 5 as the ONLY skill you have.
if you even get to that point without dying before you cast it because of no HP pool.
Oh and if your lucky you might defend a tower or 2 if you know howto hide yourself from any ranged HIGH dps class.

PvE (NOT counting dungeons or boss encounters) is good for staff ele, because you wont have to do anything and its pretty fun with a staff.

in Elementalist

RavenRecoil.6103

Ya i had been following the ele forums for about a week before creating my ele. I have no desire do do wvw. Just pve and dungeons. I played a ranger and didnt see hate in the game or in dungeons but read about it on the forums. I guess i like to play the two least wanted classes which is funny because normaly i roll a warrior. I just didnt want to do that this time around..

in Elementalist

ErazorZ.5209

Ya i had been following the ele forums for about a week before creating my ele. I have no desire do do wvw. Just pve and dungeons. I played a ranger and didnt see hate in the game or in dungeons but read about it on the forums. I guess i like to play the two least wanted classes which is funny because normaly i roll a warrior. I just didnt want to do that this time around..

okay then i think you have made an excellent offcharacter.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sesundar.3501

Sesundar.3501

I don’t get the sentiment towards solo ele pvp. I have no problem fighting anyone unless it’s a bunker. I’ll admit that when I returned to play toward the end of September after a long hiatus, the previous pvt ele has gotten weaker. But I took some time to look the traits again, and see how eles are played, on either youtube or stream. After that, I began my soloq breeze again, won 40 matches in less than a week, with 4 hours of play time each day, sometimes more, sometimes less. And there are 2 occasions where I was able to get a 10 wins streak — proudly acquired my championship title.

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

ele is terrible at the moment, dont get your hopes up, you have been bottlenecked into the worst class with worst weapon if you play ele staff. its useless, does 0 to no damage if you cannot combo field. and i wouldnt be surprised if eles will slowly start to get kicked out of groups due to there ineptness at all fields except healing, wich, in a reall party you wont need.

Well, the main prerequisite for playing an Elementalist is that You can use combos
And also, I’m doing quite good with my staff, it’s not so bursty as the scepter/dagger, but at least I don’t pull the whole pack of mobs or boss instantly on me while in dungeon.

PvP is a pain though, due to the heal/mobility nerfs

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

You’ll get over it.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

ele in gw1 (was my only maxed character even after 4 years) now in gw2 1 year into the game and ele is still my only main. I had a lvl 80 warrior but I didn’t like his appearance so I deleted it….