Just theory but what might happen

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Hi

I just want to get some opinions what will happen if the following skills are swaped. Try to think a bit further even this might never happen.

Staff magneic aura is swaped with focus obsidian flesh.

Offhand dagger frost aura is swaped with focus comet.

So focus loses obsidian flesh and coment but has now three auras on skill 5.

Staff gets invul

Offhand dagger gets 900 range blast finisher + interrupt.

For me it looks like win/win/win for all three weapons.

Discuss :-).

Greetings

Wolf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Think you’re pushing a bit too much with Obsidian Flesh. It’s justified for focus because of mid range nature and not much survivability as a weapon alone. Staff on the other hand has mass cc and heals. Removing Obsidian Flesh will just make the weapon pointless for the most part.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

You get the strongest defensive skill the ele has on an offensive weapon, in attunement you never want to be in.

Additionally, auramancer builds are forced into Focus, losing the option of the much more fun Warhorn, simply for the higher number of auras available, thus reducing build diversity.

Additionally, Dagger loses a fast and reliable blast in Water in favor of slower and less reliable one, thus reducing the efficiency of the great water combos with Warhorn.

So we’ll basically be attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis.

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

its offhand dagger. It trades frost aura for comet and thats all. So dagger will get a cc.

I agree that focus will get the to go weapon for auramancer but it is already in most cases. WH is mainly used PvE and auras don´t help much in PvE DPS.

Its to auras moved to focus while moving two good focus skill to other weapons which will get buffed by the change.

Obsidian flesh on staff will make staff more useful in all game modes even if you don´t want to be in earth much. It´s not so much diffrent with focus.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

That would made instantly staff meta in pvp. Obsidian flesh is rare skill that gives some damage migration on demand and it’ really needed to run any ele build in higher ranting’s. Personally I love staff but new focus and off dagger would become useless or just be not optimal in most meta matchups.

Don’t get me wrong…it’s fun idea but It doesn’t improve really nothing…we need quality changes…reworks…

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

It will make specific weapon more effective with specialized build, locking you into specific patern and reducing overall diversity. It might even break the weapon balance in favor of staff.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

to this i agree. Auramancer would be focus only, agressive would be OF dagger with one more CC and staff the ranged weapon to go. WH woudl only be PvE which is it already. On one side is might theoretically reduce diversity having weapons for roles on the other side it might create three viable builds instad of the current one. From current view it will increase diversity, looking forward reworking to have much more options for the same build it would lock some builds to sets.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Unlikely. I don’t see either staff or OH dagger becoming meta because of Obsi Flesh and Comet, respectively.