Keybind Question

Keybind Question

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nittles.1582

Nittles.1582

This will probably seem stupid, but I rolled an Ele yesterday (Apparently I like underpowered classes. I rolled a Ranger recently too) and I just can’t get the muscle memory for hitting the F1-4 keys down, so I was wondering what keybinds you use.

I don’t have an MMO mouse, and the only spare buttons on mine are bound to my Push To Talk and tab targeting, so I can’t bind them to that, but other than that, just looking for some advice.

Keybind Question

in Elementalist

Posted by: Noctred.6732

Noctred.6732

zxcv

/15char

Keybind Question

in Elementalist

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

A multi button mouse is fairly mandatory I figure if you are into playing MMOs. GW2 isn’t as bad some where you need 50+ seperate binds, though.

I actually use a multi button mouse, arrow keys, and bind my keys all around it which is NOT normal. Most use WSAD configs. But I am left handed so there is no real choice for me and I have had to play this way for well over 20 years now so I am set in my ways..

Would highly recommend an MMO type mouse, it makes things much much easier.

Keybind Question

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alexander Drako.6498

Alexander Drako.6498

Remember you can also use combo of keys, personally I use ALT +1/2/3/4

Keybind Question

in Elementalist

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Find it hard to use multi shift set ups, personally. Means I have to use three fingers at once; 2 to combo and one to move. So I try to stay away from that and only use two at once. I can multi shift if I have to but instead I do it with mouse binds. ie. ctrl + middle mouse button. Younger people can do this better though so it’s easy for them.

But yes, like Alex said: you can also use combo binds like he pointed out.

Keybind Question

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nonlinear.9823

Nonlinear.9823

shift+f1 through shift+f4. I also unbind A and D (turn left and turn right) and set them as secondaries for 4 and 5. I only turn with my mouse (old habit, I highly recommend it) and it gives me two nice skills in handy spots.

For heal I use shift+q, for elite skill I use shift+w for weapon swap (when applicable) I use shift+e

for utilities I use shift+a, shift+s and shift+d.

I bind “look behind” to a side mouse button so I can check my rearview/target while running.

My left hand never has to move far.