LF PvE Condition Build!

LF PvE Condition Build!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

I was wondering if anyone here had any really good condition builds for Ele.

Much int he way of the Zerker (which I’m totally bored of playing) I’d like to really ramp up my conditional damage and Duration to try and burn my enemies to death, along with a few sigils that will bleed and torment for that added extra drain.

I’d quite like to have a bit more survivability too so I have been looking at armour types and figured Morbach’s armor would be the best choice as it gives a Condition Damage boost along with Toughness and Vitality… So basically totally opposite to Zerker.

I’m well aware that GW2 is a Zerker’s game, but i prefer to go against the grain and mix things up a bit. Especially if ANET decide to change up a few things which makes Zerker a bad choice… Unlikely but you never know!

So does anyone have any suggestions for a trait build up?
Any advice is greatfully received.

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

LF PvE Condition Build!

in Elementalist

Coopziana.1802

Thanks to ArmageddonAsh.6430 for this PM (hope you don’t mind me sharing)

This is the build i made and edited over the last 9 months.
Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYlcMonhFOwvB8rNwHgRcE8AGfACAPwirgUAA-TFzCABQoEEgDIAPqUgiGCuUacxJAoF9ALv/gPqrIxDAILlZTfgAIFAMTjA-w
My Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/ArmageddonAsh/videos
This is the build i use in WvW and it works great, should be perfectly fine for most PvE content as its so easy. The only possible issue could be high level Factuals but i dont do them so havent been able to test it
Your best bet though, would be going more of a hybrid build such as this is because PvE makes condition builds less of a threat and going more Hybrid would be better for group content
The Build : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoIhcM6ZW4wvZgOAj4JYCMOAUAmgFfBtAA-TFzCABAcABOZ/BV0DIj6Kooh4Qlg6oSBXKNu4EA8lyMJeAATfgAIFAMTjA-w
You would have 100% Burning Duration and 60% duration for everything else. Could make it 80% Bleeding duration if you wanted. You should with Battle be around 7-10 stacks of might just on your own and could hit 13-16 with blasting your fire fields. That would be 245(7 Might) to 560(16 Might) increase to Power and Condition damage.
Elite wise that depends on the content you are doing, i would think FGS would be your best bet with its access to Burning with going with the Signet of Earth and Firey Eruption combo you could be looking at 24k+ Burning Damage

LF PvE Condition Build!

in Elementalist

Coopziana.1802

LF PvE Condition Build!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Honestly? You’ll do very little damage. You have Serrated Stones with Pyromancer’s Puisance. You have two on-crit sigils with 11% crit chance (I assume the arcane spells are your way to “bypass” this, and I’ll tell you right now it won’t work). It’s a bad build.

Also, in general, Condi Ele is just slow and ineffective.

In general, for a build to do “good” Condi Damage for PvE, you need to be able to maintain high amounts of Bleed Stacks while also inflicting some other damaging condition (probably burning). The closest I got to it was still pretty terrible compared to a Warrior or Necro Condi build. I won’t even post it, just to emphasize that this is really a dead end for gameplay.

Condi Ele for WvW is pretty funny though, and can actually kill quite a few things eventually.

(edited by Neko.9021)

LF PvE Condition Build!

in Elementalist

Coopziana.1802

Honestly? You’ll do very little damage. You have Serrated Stones with Pyromancer’s Puisance. You have two on-crit sigils with 11% crit chance (I assume the arcane spells are your way to “bypass” this, and I’ll tell you right now it won’t work). It’s a bad build.

Also, in general, Condi Ele is just slow and ineffective.

In general, for a build to do “good” Condi Damage for PvE, you need to be able to maintain high amounts of Bleed Stacks while also inflicting some other damaging condition (probably burning). The closest I got to it was still pretty terrible compared to a Warrior or Necro Condi build. I won’t even post it, just to emphasize that this is really a dead end for gameplay.

Condi Ele for WvW is pretty funny though, and can actually kill quite a few things eventually.

Thanks for the info. To be fair I’ve been trying this build out in Dry Top and it works pretty well. I’ve not go it completely set up yet due to money and getting the new armour.

My issue here is “if not a condition Ele… Then what build do I go with?” Please don’t say Zerker or I’ll rage “Queue-you-eye-tea” lol

LF PvE Condition Build!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

See signature for 100% condition duration build with okay dps.

Broski

LF PvE Condition Build!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I highly suggest staying away from elementalist if you’re after condition builds. They are significantly worse for conditions than a for example a warrior/ranger is, and you have much less potential to deal nearly as much damage as them in a solo setting (which is the only time condition builds are viable in PvE!).

I’ll elaborate a little bit as to why. A warrior is easily capable of maintaining perpetual burning along with maintaining 20+ stacks of bleed in a solo setting and torment, whereas an elementalist is limited due to the need to swap attunements at all times to make full use of the class in combat. You’d need to camp earth attunement for stacking bleeds and on all weaponsets earth attacks deal very low damage, aside from the slow-as-hell dagger OH ones that are pretty much never worth using aside from pre-might stacking.

LF PvE Condition Build!

in Elementalist

Dahir.4158

Purple Miku, you are wrong. Elementalists are not so reliant on Earth Attunement to stack bleeds. There are sigils and runes available that produce bleeding and increase the duration. For a condition build you don’t need to go into Earth; Fire is also good even for PvE. If you want to keep your burning up there are Fire traits that do burning on critical hits and all sorts of other methods of keeping it up.

You don’t need to invest your whole build into condition damage, just have enough so that Sigil of Battle can help you out when you swap attunement. Also good to blast your fire fields all the time.

As you for saying ranger and warrior are better, I disagree a little. Sure they can use some conditions Eles cant, but we are still good; nobody really gives it a try that’s all.

Broski

LF PvE Condition Build!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

My point wasn’t that they are incapable of condition damage/duration, just that they are obviously less effective at it and specialize elsewhere. Burning duration is simple enough to maintain with something like flame legion runes or whatever— that isn’t an issue. The problem is that since condition builds are absolutely terrible in PvE in a group setting, we must take a look at how effective an ele is capable of maintaining bleed stacks in a solo setting.

For the case of a warrior, condition builds actually surpass the DPS of berserker builds against heavily armored bosses in a solo PvE setting but that doesn’t appear to be plausible to expect with an ele.

LF PvE Condition Build!

in Elementalist

Dahir.4158

Well I can’t talk much about PvE since I don’t really do it. I guess the discussion ends here :P

Broski

LF PvE Condition Build!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Well I can’t talk much about PvE since I don’t really do it. I guess the discussion ends here :P

The thread title says PvE.

LF PvE Condition Build!

in Elementalist

Dahir.4158

I cant talk about how well they do compared to other classes in PvE is what I meant. I don’t know who is good at what and what they are capable of.

Broski

LF PvE Condition Build!

in Elementalist

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Purple Miku, you are wrong. Elementalists are not so reliant on Earth Attunement to stack bleeds. There are sigils and runes available that produce bleeding and increase the duration. For a condition build you don’t need to go into Earth; Fire is also good even for PvE. If you want to keep your burning up there are Fire traits that do burning on critical hits and all sorts of other methods of keeping it up.

You don’t need to invest your whole build into condition damage, just have enough so that Sigil of Battle can help you out when you swap attunement. Also good to blast your fire fields all the time.

As you for saying ranger and warrior are better, I disagree a little. Sure they can use some conditions Eles cant, but we are still good; nobody really gives it a try that’s all.

Broski pls, rangers have better conditions than ele and warrior, only beaten by a necro really.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

LF PvE Condition Build!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Only staff can do AoE burns and stack bleeds reasonably. All other weapons are single target, for example dagger only offers aoe burns, single target bleeds (not counting churning earth with that long kitten cooldown), scepter can stack bleeds better but – single target.
Confusion pretty useless in PvE. Poison – not on ele and sigil would be single target. Torment – meh, mobs will be stacked and not moving, bosses probably too.

In that situation I would go for max bleed durations. You will get enough burn duration from traits/food.
Something like this maybe: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWhMMKbW3w6BfEBCAS4FBeMM2ORpKNH-TliBABTcBAAwBCUwDAIH1fURHgsKBPS53JaIUw8HO7PQKAYGGB-w
With sigil stacks + miniumum 10 might that you should have in fights, you will have fine ticks. Depending on your party, you would have some fury as well, with this high crit chance you could do some raw dmg besides condi dmg only. I think it’s a waste going for condi dmg only, because you don’t get THAT much increase in ticks after certain value of condi dmg stat. If you want more power/less crit chance – exchange some rampager for carrion – that would increase your HP pool as well, if you don’t feel sure enough about dodges/want to go closer instead ranged all time.

That is it, if you really are determined to play condi ele in PvE. Necros with epidemic do it much better, but it’s your choice.

LF PvE Condition Build!

in Elementalist

Posted by: leebe.2093

leebe.2093

this is my Condi Ele

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFUQJArYhcMKb22wuBf0AHAS4ADKMe2rdlOD-TRiAABJcCBmVJYM6JA4BA8g5vnU+Bk6PjcgA4Z/BSBAz0I-e

Ive been running this for a while in PvE and it works well

LF PvE Condition Build!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Ele conditions are lacking compared to a warrior/ranger/necromancer/ venom share thief/condition engineer or a shatter condition mesmer – where eles lack in condition power they excel in actual DPS – you already have (small) conditions even without condition gear, you’re only crippling yourself with a condition build unless you’re just using it for curiosity (I made the mistake thinking ele conditions would be awesome & actually running a condition build)

But anyways, play your way & goodluck to you