LF PvE Mordrem Ele Build

LF PvE Mordrem Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

Well decided to do some of this Living Story and I need build.

At the moment it takes forever to kill a Mordrem husk with my staff, sure I can survive for hours, but the time it takes to kill just one is simply too long.

I’m a solo player do I need something with high damage and good survivability.
So I see people saying dagger/dagger, though that sounds more for WvW.
Any views?

LF PvE Mordrem Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I just use self might stacking S/D and everything melts.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

LF PvE Mordrem Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: tAzz.8497

tAzz.8497

I just had to run some LS quests for the carapace armor and ele works just fine.
I’ve used the dungeon build just remove 2 trait points to make staff aoe larger
6/4/0/2/2 full zerk scholar runes and mobs just melt

LF PvE Mordrem Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

How are you playing with staff? If youre running 0/0/2/6/6 with tanky gear its going to take forever to get kills solo. If you try something like 6/6/0/0/2, 6/2/2/2/2 or 6/0/0/4/4 (last one for more survivability if you have trouble with the others) you prob will have better results.

d/d builds are doable but with all the cc and aoe everywhere you have to be more careful, at least in silverwastes. In the LS episodes you can run whatever, but I did them with staff because its easy. Sandstorm + frost bow 4/5 and meteor shower kills everything in a few seconds as long as you arent in full nomads gear.

Also always carry a scepter + focus because there is one breach boss (forget which one but i think its the southeast fort) where if you aoe you get yourself killed, you can do it with staff if you stay in water/earth spamming 1 but its better with a scepter.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

LF PvE Mordrem Ele Build

in Elementalist

Orochimaru.4730

I just had to run some LS quests for the carapace armor and ele works just fine.
I’ve used the dungeon build just remove 2 trait points to make staff aoe larger
6/4/0/2/2 full zerk scholar runes and mobs just melt

You seriously use this build? Cos mobs aint melting, I am!

You using a modified build of this http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Elementalist_-_Staff_Conjure ?

This has to be one of the worst builds I’ve used, and it looks like it isnt for soling, you need someone else to keep the mobs off you whilst you do the dps. Totally not what I was looking for!

Also please also give what gear you are using with your traits, 66002 isnt a build, its a trait line which doesnt even give you the specific traits to use either, though i guess that could depend on where you are.

LF PvE Mordrem Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: tAzz.8497

tAzz.8497

Fire : V VII XI or XII what u like more
Air: VI VII
Earth: 0
Water: VI
Arcana: V

The build, yes its something around that from your link as u can see…. its like an adjustment for ur open world pve or quests/ story line etc.
Arcane Brilliance and arcane wave for 2 blaster to boost might or heal urself in the water fields.
Conjure bow for more dps, just 4 and move on + the other utility skill just get what u need : air signet move faster , fire signet some extra crit chance, arcane shield more defensive, glyp for some extra dps or utility.

Gear like i’ve said its full zerk- armor weps trinkets with scholar runes.

Just so u see how it worked for me … i dont play ele that much, was my first charr, moved to warr mesmer guard etc and have all classes by now so i cant say i main an ele but he aint that hard to play.
After i’ve done almost all achievments from LS2 in like 1 week ( i hate achievments havent done any LS2 until now) on my mesmer, ive needed to farm some bandit crests + mordrem parts and the carapace armor, so ele with all that aoe damage was the char to go for farm in SW and to repeat story for those extra armors u get from story. Atm i need just 1 carapace boot, as u need to farm crests for them, and im done with LS2 in 1 week.

As for soloing, yes it was all solo tho i have my gf who can help me but that wasnt needed (she did tell me the steps to finish faster but i didnt need her to tank for me :P), there are npcs with u in the story so they take some hits for u sometimes.
U dont need to main the class to blitz the LS episodes and the SW farm. Yes i died a few times but who cares … just respawn and move on finish fast get back to the dungeon farm :P or w/e u like.

Im not a special breed of ele, i dont solo stuff with it like i do with other classes, im kinda rusty on it, short story im not the best ele out there so if ive done it, lots of other ppl can do it, including u.
Just look a bit for the encounters (dulfy ftw) and learn few combos that keep u alive and thats it, rest its fast dps baby :P

And if that doesnt help u, if ur EU u can add me ingame and i can help u with some of it.

LF PvE Mordrem Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

I’m using 6/4/2/0/2 staff with zerkers everything. The amount of dps from meteor shower + ice storm + lava font is completely nuts on the SW bosses. It’s definitely not faceroll but pretty survivable if you have good dodges and positioning.

LF PvE Mordrem Ele Build

in Elementalist

Orochimaru.4730

I’m using 6/4/2/0/2 staff with zerkers everything. The amount of dps from meteor shower + ice storm + lava font is completely nuts on the SW bosses. It’s definitely not faceroll but pretty survivable if you have good dodges and positioning.

But are you soloing, in a party or running on withe the map zerg?

LF PvE Mordrem Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

Well decided to do some of this Living Story and I need build.

At the moment it takes forever to kill a Mordrem husk with my staff, sure I can survive for hours, but the time it takes to kill just one is simply too long.

I’m a solo player do I need something with high damage and good survivability.
So I see people saying dagger/dagger, though that sounds more for WvW.
Any views?

Give this a shot.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWhcM6bW3wsBd0AHAW4AwCYHOeGcC2BlSDA-TxxCABA8AAEa/BnV+NxFAYZ1fQWHAYKBJFAMzBA-e

I threw it together for funzies for Silverwastes. It eats up husks ( and everything really ) and has lots of blind spam. The immobilize is also great for stopping that OHCRAPTERAGRIFCHARGE moment. The armor is cheap to make, as is the weapon, and you can buy the trinkets from the vendor as you go through the story. Otherwise you can substitute the trinkets for whatever.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

LF PvE Mordrem Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

Most of the time it’s Breach / Vinewrath, but I did LS and solo Mordrem mobs with this build with no problems.

LF PvE Mordrem Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

I played the living story with a d/d build and it worked out quite well. Just start from the d/d metabuild with balanced gear (about 1,5k toughness, 0,5k healing power) and remove some of the pvp-only stuff, like arcane wave for mist form, sigil of force over sigil of doom etc.

LF PvE Mordrem Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

If it’s doing the living story solo, a dungeon meta build can work well.

Running in a SW zerg with this build however is dangerous since mordrems have a lot of tools to ruin your day. And you most likely won’t be babysit by a guard that’s going to apply protection/stab on you and remove condi from you like in dungeons.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

LF PvE Mordrem Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730

OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730

Since most Silverwaste content is in a group, I would heavily recommend running 66002 for the extra vuln stacking. You’d be surprised how little vuln people are packing in their builds (including most posted here) and it brings an astronomical increase to zerg’s overall damage.

I usually don’t do Silverwaste anymore but I popped in it to record a run with the action. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYwvg2QpKvI
Gear in video: Zerk Helm and the rest Cele(Strength Runes), Zerk Trinkets, Zerk Staff(Force+Night sigils) all Ascended.
Traits: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAGhMMaZ20w6ZACAJcgIDEXKzoSvB-e

With this set up, you can occasionally and safely leave Fire Attunement for lock downs. The damage you’d normally lose for leaving Fire Attunement can be filled with Lightning Storm and/or Ice Bows. Lightning Storm is notable since you alone will provide 25 vulnerability with it.

Hope this comes in time to help you out!

(edited by OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730)

LF PvE Mordrem Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Since most Silverwaste content is in a group, I would heavily recommend running 66002 for the extra vuln stacking. You’d be surprised how little vuln people are packing in their builds (including most posted here) and it brings an astronomical increase to zerg’s overall damage.

I usually don’t do Silverwaste anymore but I popped in it to record a run with the action. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYwvg2QpKvI
Gear in video: Zerk Helm and the rest Cele(Strength Runes), Zerk Trinkets, Zerk Staff(Force+Night sigils) all Ascended.
Traits: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAGhMMaZ20w6ZACAJcgIDEXKzoSvB-e

With this set up, you can occasionally and safely leave Fire Attunement for lock downs. The damage you’d normally lose for leaving Fire Attunement can be filled with Lightning Storm and/or Ice Bows. Lightning Storm is notable since you alone will provide 25 vulnerability with it.

Hope this comes in time to help you out!

I very often see advice offered that makes me cringe, but what you posted is exactly what I’d have suggested for everything except the armor. The only problem I have is that you chose celestial gear which is kind of pointless.

Ether renewal is literally all the condition removal that an ele will need and going full out offensive with the perfect traits like this is highly effective.

But aside from the armor choice… perfect suggestions for the utilities, the heal, the trait point allocation and knowing to take quick glyphs?

My hope for GW2’s forum community is restored (for now at least).

-internet high five-

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

LF PvE Mordrem Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730

OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730

Since that Ele is less than 1 day old, all the gear is hand-me-downs, the Cele from WvW hand-me-downs filling in me being too broke to snatch a bunch of exotic zerk. Naturally, the Zerk Trinks are universal.