LF a super tanky Ele build

in Elementalist

Posted by: David.5693

David.5693

Hey I have an 80 staff tempest, full zerker ascended gear. I have grown sort of bored with the build. I can say for sure, I have learned how to dogde! :O 11k health is not very forgiving.

Anyway, I am looking for another build to run either in raids or PVP. I thought about making a super tanky build, almost as a troll thing in PVP. Maximum survivability type thing.

I also wouldn’t mind making a healing build for raids.

My deal is, I have no idea how to gear or trait for these things. My current build is just meta… no thinking was required.

So what gear do I need to pick up (sitting on a million or so karma and a bank full of fractal rings)? What runes/sigils?

You guys are super creative so think outside normal parameters here.

Thanks!

in Elementalist

Posted by: HiggsBoson.1976

HiggsBoson.1976

The PvP “tank” build is already, sadly, meta. Earth/Water/Tempest D/F with Cleric Amulet, Soldier Rune. Mender Amulet works too if you can cut toughness in your matchup.

I have personally run as a Healer/Tank combo for Vale Guardian using a build fairly close to the PvP build. It is a ton of fun, but very hard and requires a ton of trust in you from the other 9 players, and most groups want your mad tempest deeps anyways. It involved Cleric Gear with a few trinkets of Celestial to get about 14k health, Superior Rune of the Monk (720 AC Dungeon Tears), Sigil of Transference/Renewal on a Staff. I had this gear anyways for WvW. Rune/Sigil of Water work fine too.

The real healer build for Raid involves super expensive Zealots armor/weapons, D/Wh on Water/(Fresh) Air/Tempest, with trinkets as Cleric or Zerk, same Rune/Sigils as above. Staff works too, a Fire/Water/Tempest build allowing you to move with the ranged Lightning Circle group. Try to avoid Water/Earth/Tempest unless your group is lacking in Protection. Magi armor is a cheaper alternative.

You really should learn the D/Wh Fresh Air Zerk Raid playstyle first if you haven’t already, because being able to swap between the two will make you a better raid contributor now and probably in the future wings more than any tank/heal build will.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

In pvp, the tankiest build possible for ele is actually the ONLY build viable for ele in competitive play. far from being a troll thing. If you’re looking for something trolly, go for a burst damage build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Sadly, Raid is the place where you have to dodge a lot. There is no easy way around it.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in Elementalist

Posted by: Roman God of War.6953

Roman God of War.6953

I successfully ran a tank ele in raids last night. Was only for vg and shout out to Vanella Thunder from att for most of the idea trait wise for the build.

Stats
Exotic knights armor
Asc clerics trinket
D/w

Water – 2 3 2
Earth – 3 3 3?(grandmaster is kinda useless maybe 2)
Tempest – 3 2 3

Yes this is similar to pvp meta auramancer.

Dagger was soldiers exotic and warhorn was assasin exotic, made it on a budget.

Util skills – wash the pain away fire shout, blink(or signet of earth), ice shout, rebound or fgs

How to play.
I try to start in air, use the aura on dagger for prot or save when lower on endurance to get vigor to everyone plus 1.2k heal. Ol air immediate swap attunement after ol is don’t. I usually go fire and ol fire and use skill 4 party might and skill 5. Sometimes I will wait to use burning speed to do it in the arena wall in phase 1 when blues pop up instead of Dodge rolling. Burning speed has evade frames and does good damage with burst. Your number one job is keeping protection on your front line and swapping to water or using wash the pain away if they get low. Do not do both, you will just be over healing. Obvi choose wash the pain away over swapping attunement since it will lower your DPS. You have decent crit chance from knights armor and herald fury.

Yes this build means you take huge pressure off of healer in regards to the front line. Be ready tobuse rebound if it looks like your group is gonna mess up green circle and fyibif you full heal everyone before it pops good chance you not wipe melee group.

Only reason I suggest earth signet is because it allows you tobgetvuse out of earth grandmaster and if your quickbon your feet it gives you an immob for incoming seekers. I’d suggest blink tho because you don’t have much speed sobit helps if you teleported if you mess up or getting to the right pie for attunement during split phase part.

Wrote this with my phone so I’ll edit it when I get home later