Latest strong builds

Latest strong builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Entragian.2057

Entragian.2057

Hi guys,

ive been away from the game for a few months and i could do with some information on any dramatic ele changes that have recently happened..

whats the latest great builds for pvp, group and solo play?

if i remember correctly my solo build was a dagger dagger spec, probly 0,10,0,30,30 or some variant. my group build was similar but with a staff. (original i know right?)

i hear there were some dramatic changes in the last few months, i do intend to go back and read patch notes but to know how these changes have since been theory crafted into builds would be really useful before i go and play around with it and create my own

thanks in advance.

Latest strong builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Entragian.2057

Entragian.2057

maybe save some time:

after doing a little hunting, am i right in saying:

(0,10,0,30,30) – Bunker build is still viable, simple and effective with many weapons

staff is still considered hard to play well and pretty much weak in most situations

dagger/dagger is still a pvp thing, but can be useful elsewhere if traited right. (daphoenix build is still being used?)

A new build has appeared centered around the new GM trait in the air line, couldnt find much info on this though..

lightning hammer has been discovered as having high dps… this is new to me..

scepter has begun to be used as an alternative to dagger as a good might stacker and a more viable ranged weapon than staff. (although im not sure what is the better offhand to use here right now..)

condition damage is still crap – is this because of the cap on pve conditions that can be applied? or is this just a pvp thing because conditions can be easily removed? i couldnt find a definitive answer to why CD is bad….. either way, the new GM trait is considered poor due to its weak effectiveness – people generally think it should be buffed…?

Im guessing fire is still too centered around its own strengths and doesnt encourage attunement swapping?

im glad air is now viable

are any of the above facts way off the mark? can anyone correct me on any of this?

thanks

Latest strong builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

About condition damage – we only have 2 damaging conditions and we usually have a hard time keeping them up. In PvE all conditions are pretty much useless because of the cap.

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

Latest strong builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

0/30/10/20/10 is the new standard Fresh Air build for S/D using the new GM trait in Air. I use 0/30/0/30/10 instead.

Traits are arguable depending on what you are doing. Fresh Air is of course a must in the build.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/elementalist/?1.0|b.1g.h1h.8.1n.h4|0.0.0.0.0.0|1c.71g.1n.71g.1c.71h.1g.71h.1c.71j.1g.a7|2s.0.2s.d1e.3s.d1e.2v.0.3v.0.2v.d1e|0.u0a0.0.u35b.a5|40.7|0.0.0.0.0|e

That is my build with gear. The 30 trait in Air is Fresh Air, but this site doesn’t have the update to it just yet. The rest is what it should be.

My build is more group oriented than pure burst (notice the lack of Bolt to the Heart or Vital Striking or Piercing Shards) but with a flip I can go for more burst.

Edit – Woops too many stat points in the first one. BTW Wryog you could have also put the build instead of just pointing out that I had to many stat points lol. Fixed now.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

(edited by Raif.9507)

Latest strong builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

The build isn’t 0/30/10/20/20 since that’s kinda impossible lol.

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

Latest strong builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

I like to use 0 15 10 15 30 now for pvp, although 0 10 0 30 30 is still good, only got a slight nerf.

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

Latest strong builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Basically a variant of the standard, 0-0-20-20-30 is what I find most useful for group WvW these days. I’d imagine it would be good in tPvP as well. Rock solid trait guarantees ether renewal heals, and with the meta being heavy on hard-CC and conditions it’s really necessary.

For small scale I like fresh air scepter builds. Get at least 2500 armor and 15k+ hp then put the rest into power/precision/crit-dmg. I’ve run successful variants with just about any point distribution between earth/water/arcane.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Latest strong builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

IMO Fresh air is junk. you lose a lot just to proc a 1K lightning strike.

I still find 0/10/0/30/30 to be the best. zerker/knight gear, divinity runes.

downed state is bad for PVP