Lava Font, casting as intended?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shaman.2034

Shaman.2034

Hello, forums of Guild Wars 2. Today I took a closer look at the skill Lava Font (staff fire 2), and the tooltip indicates it has no cast time. I thought it was cool, because one of the elementalist’s strengths is having access to a lot of instant cast spells they can use while channeling something else, without interrupting it.

Well, it’s not the case with Lava Font. I can’t cast it during other channels, like other instant cast spells, and I can even interrupt it with something like an autoattack, but there’s no channeling bar on the screen. I’ve seen that I can mitigate the aftercast by immediately channeling something else, but if I do it too early, I run the risk of interrupting Lava Font.

Has it always been this way, or was it patched to contain a cast time and an aftercast? Why isn’t it instant cast? Would that be too powerful for an elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

It’s had a 0.2 cast time and 0.2 aftercast time for a very long time. I think a while ago it was 0.4 cast time, 0.2 aftercast.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shaman.2034

Shaman.2034

Oh my gosh, DEKeyz said something to me!!!

Any chance they might update the tooltip with at least the cast time? I know it’s basically another “anet pls,” but I was genuinely confused for a moment, considering the other instants that elementalist has access to.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Send a bug report and see what happens. They’ve been on a tooltip fixing spree in the past few months.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

i tell ya, gw2 is gonna be the game with the most accurate tooltips ever, there have been nothing but tooltip fixes lately

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

It’s not a bug. The tooltip never took into account aftercasts, so it takes only 0.2s into account, and it rounds down to the lowest 0.25s so 0s. Just thank Anet for being so terrible at listening to me while I have been asking for better tooltips for two years

Same goes for Frozen field