Lava Font should damage right after cast

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Like Necro Wells. Please?

There’s still a cast time, so it can be interrupted.

If I’m remembering correctly, it was this way back in beta, but was nerfed because it was deemed OP. With all the power creep now, I really don’t see it being too OP anymore.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Like Necro Wells. Please?

There’s still a cast time, so it can be interrupted.

If I’m remembering correctly, it was this way back in beta, but was nerfed because it was deemed OP. With all the power creep now, I really don’t see it being too OP anymore.

Yes. Staff autoattacks have that in common that they won’t hit enemy. Especialy when enemy circling around you in meele. So there is no aoe dmg every 6s with 0,2s of casting and its aftercast. At least some reliable opportunity to deal dmg. Significat change to Lava Fond that would change total amount of dmg done would be removing aftercast. But making instant thick if skill need 0,2s for aoe focus on giving its some reliablility in hiting foes. Imo very precious and many of use would look forward.

PS. More reliable hit ofc will increase outgoing dmg, cuz more succesuly hits done go for more succesfuly dmg done. But probably many get what I tried accentuate.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Yeah. Would make the staff more dynamic.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Please?

Yes. Everyone here agrees.
devs do not read profession forums, however, so if that’s what you’re looking for, you’re posting in the wrong place

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

You have my full support.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

This used to be insta tick like years ago.Good old days.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I’d like to see this change too. It used to be instant during the betas, but had a delay added to to it to prevent it from being too powerful—pre-HoT. Now that the expansion is out, we need to remove the delay. If the devs are worried about the PvP situation, let me ask them this: how often is staff equipped in PvP situations?

If the answer is really low, then removing the delay might be something to look into.

in Elementalist

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

New ele player here, and this was first thing I noticed wrong with fire staff. Kind of frustating when staff does not do any damage to enemy in wvw. Enemies don’t stand in one place like npcs in pve.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

We could also ask for autos that actualy hit, but maybe it would be too much.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

The skill is bugged, it’s supposed to have insta cast, if you look at the tooltip. But there is a hidden timer on it, and also cancels out alot when you cast other things after.
It’s rly clunky.

Made a thread about it a year ago. Got only one reply, so ofc the devs won’t bother with it. :P

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Skill-which-cancels-out/first#post4430781

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

The skill is bugged, it’s supposed to have insta cast, if you look at the tooltip. But there is a hidden timer on it, and also cancels out alot when you cast other things after.
It’s rly clunky.

Made a thread about it a year ago. Got only one reply, so ofc the devs won’t bother with it. :P

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Skill-which-cancels-out/first#post4430781

You need to give more details when reporting a bug, or give a video when it is complicated. Otherwise, it is hard to understand, especially when the bug breaks the common sense.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Lava Font chagne to thick at initial after cast. Manual for interested in Dev/s made by humble me.

1. Now thicks goes on 1st s., 2nd s., 3th s., 4th s. after change it will be on 0s(initial), 1st s., 2nd s., 3 th s.
2. The main rule about damage per time of Lava Font is that it is supposed to have only 4 thicks.
3. The exeption is extending fire fields duration by 2s from Persisting Flames.
4. The cast time isn’t instant. In reality its 0,2s. Tooltip should or even must show that cast time equal of 1/5s.
5. Lava Font have gamebreaking or gamebalancing aftercast. But no info in tooltip about it, how much it last or how it is works. It must be transparent and wrote in tooltip.
6. Change will make thicks on 0s(initial), 1st s., 2nd s., 3 th s. Info when thicks happens must be in tooltip.
7. Change for thicks should have visible animation that alert when it pulse.
8. Change will reduce field duration by one second. From 4s to 3s.
9. Change of duration will need to short animation time. That will probably cause need to polish animation even more.
10. Change should appear in near future. As one of hotfix for that balance patches.
11. If change is not reasonable Dev should make statement why. And then answer to other question from forum. And share balance concers.
12. If change is reasonable Dev should hurry up to implement it to game.
13. Why it already isn’t in game? Dev could give us answer why so long.

(edited by Mem no Fushia.7604)