Legendary dagger "Incinerator" on your Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

Hi all,

I’m at that point in the game when you realize that you are getting closer to a legendary weapon, my bank is almost full of everything and so on.

So, since i play mostly d/d ele, i decided to take a look at the legendary dagger.
I must say i was disappointed when i first saw the effect of it on ele skills. Fire 1st skill throws daggers, water 1st skill throw a dagger, everything feels the same now..

Am i the only one who feels this way about the (only) legendary dagger? The footstep looks amazing but i really can’t stand that throwing daggers thing..

What do you think?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lavadiel.6231

Lavadiel.6231

Incinerator fits Charr or engi (who can not use daggers)
Imho Incinerator absolutely does not fit to an elementalist.
In addition usually you need 2 exactly same dagers to look good on an ele. An exception would be for example a fire dagger + watter dagger, that would look nice but those dont exist.

Imho at the moment best looking daggers for ele are fractal daggers (but getting two my be hard). Inci is the last legendary I would go with for my ele. On current hi-end content (like fractals 30+) and the future end content you will anyway use scepter so going for Meteorlogicus which truly fits an ele is imho better idea.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Use the Priory daggers on my ele…they look properly caster-ish.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

Glad i’m not the only one that doesn’t like incinerator as it is now..i hope in the future some changes (or, why not, a new legendary dagger) will happen

in Elementalist

Lavadiel.6231

Glad i’m not the only one that doesn’t like incinerator as it is now..i hope in the future some changes (or, why not, a new legendary dagger) will happen

yeah, keep the mats and wait for a beter dagger. Meanwhile farm fractals and pray for dagger skins – that is what I do

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

2 fractal daggers? Better get rid of your life and farm hard. Very hard.

/period

Scepter looks great on ele. The lack of daggers with special particle effects is a shame though.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

incinerator does infact SUCK horribly.

My goal is to get 2x fractal daggers, but that’s out of my reach in many ways.

I use moonshanks for now, they look great.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chickenbone.5918

Chickenbone.5918

To put things in perspective, the incinerator is still way better than the rainbow-pony-shooting shortbow… My ranger is still weeping.

in Elementalist

Lavadiel.6231

To put things in perspective, the incinerator is still way better than the rainbow-pony-shooting shortbow… My ranger is still weeping.

you are right this one sucks the most… unless you are a 8 years old girl ^^

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vanillea.5764

Vanillea.5764

But the Bifrost looks nice one ele…..

in Elementalist

Lavadiel.6231

But the Bifrost looks nice one ele…..

yep, but its only wvw weapon. Ofc you can use it in pve but in most cases dd or sd will do better.

in Elementalist

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I don’t think it’s that bad, but personally I always run matched daggers, and I think it’d take me years to gather the stuff for a single legendary, so there’s no way in hell I’m getting two.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

incinerator is the one im going for; the water blade change sucks; drakes claw i never use
(if its equipped in off hand does it still have the same effects?)

you are right this one sucks the most… unless you are a 8 years old girl ^^

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/GaMERCaT-ALWAYS-213802644

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Incinerator looks like a blow torch with an animal head stuck to it. Who thought that looked legendary?

Bifrost has rainbows coming out of it. RAINBOWS kitten That is anti-awesome

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Honestly dislike all our legendary options. Incinerator is by far the best out of the choices to me but still pretty lackluster. If I get a Spark for whatever reason I might make it but otherwise I’ll pass. Rainbow staff or ridiculously proportioned Scepter holds no appeal to me what so ever.

Kinda hoping they will eventually come out with alternative legendaries to build and then I’ll look at making one.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Incinerator looks like a blow torch with an animal head stuck to it. Who thought that looked legendary?

Kekai Kotaki

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Was thinking of buying the incinerator. When I saw it in-game, it looked crap compared to other LGM weapons.

Anet, pls re-look at it or give us a cool legendary dagger pls.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: OReilly.9473

OReilly.9473

my elementalist is the smallest size norn female.
im using 2 asura peacemakers daggers for wvw.
with those purple/pink electrical thingies, they actually look pretty good on my elementalist

cheers,
O

“you don’t quit gaming because you grow old,
you grow old because you quit gaming.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

TP’s preview function has been a bless since I’ve been finally able to see Incinerator.
Unfortunately it doesn’t fit my Elementalist at all, so I hope in the future devs will add lots of legendary daggers elements based (frost, hurricane, thunder, rock ecc) more fantasy-like and less steampunk-like.
On a side note, I would like to underline how even scepters and staves appears not much epic especially if compared with the particle effects of swords (anyone who has seen the electric-sparkling sword knows what epic-feeling means)
Please devs, more love for Elementalist!!! T.T

in Elementalist

Lavadiel.6231

>in the future devs will add lots of legendary daggers
> elements based (frost, hurricane, thunder, rock ecc)

or one who changes according to your current attunement ^^
For such one I would even buy gems from aNet to get it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strodor.6051

Strodor.6051

Incinerator fits Charr or engi (who can not use daggers)
Imho Incinerator absolutely does not fit to an elementalist.
In addition usually you need 2 exactly same dagers to look good on an ele. An exception would be for example a fire dagger + watter dagger, that would look nice but those dont exist.

I have Incinerator and the Corrupted Shard on my Asura Ele for the fire and ice feel, I absolutely love how it looks. I actually think the dagger fits an elementalist quite well as you can’t really ‘stab’ anything with fire, you can however use it as a focus for abilities like Ele’s use daggers.

Attachments:

Smaggle – Asura elementalist [INT]

in Elementalist

Lavadiel.6231

>I absolutely love how it looks.

some ppl may like it… But imho its an oversized cigarette lighter – mechanical charr engi style, not magician elementalist.
Additionaly ele auto attacks looks worse with inci than without it, especially vapor blades looks better and are more visible with normla weapon. I dont target mobs while using some skills cuz its often more effective that way – vapor blade is one of those skills – good visibility helps a lot.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strodor.6051

Strodor.6051

But…but you get the fire on the arm and footsteps and everything =/. Lol I understand it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m really happy with it! only got it a couple days ago now.

Smaggle – Asura elementalist [INT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nerien.5412

Nerien.5412

I’m also in the hate club for the leg options for Ele, right now i’m running with a mystical dagger and the CoE dagger, they look awesome together with the red and blue effects:

Attachments:

marnick.4305: “Just because you went down last
doesn’t mean you’re the best player in the group
it means the enemies considered you a low priority.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I was thinking of doing a Corrupted Dagger (ice) and a Destroyer Dagger (molten fire).

Personally I think they could have done a much better job with the Incinerator’s effects as well for the skills. For example Fire 1 was fine, just should have been colored that same fiery glow color as the Incinerator. Same with Water 1’s coil. The thrown daggers on these skills looks pretty lame. Air 1 could have a kind of trail effect as well as if there’s Fire in the Lightning.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

I was thinking of doing a Corrupted Dagger (ice) and a Destroyer Dagger (molten fire).

Personally I think they could have done a much better job with the Incinerator’s effects as well for the skills. For example Fire 1 was fine, just should have been colored that same fiery glow color as the Incinerator. Same with Water 1’s coil. The thrown daggers on these skills looks pretty lame. Air 1 could have a kind of trail effect as well as if there’s Fire in the Lightning.

i have that combination but dont look so good, the corrupted is big dagger and the desroyer is small

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I love the look, though I don’t know how it’ll feel in combat, still working towards incinerator :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Artemis.6283

Artemis.6283

I have the incinerator on my ele… but as it is right now there is nothing special about it…
It’s not even unique …. footsteps are also on predator and rodgort… even the flame hand is exactly as on rodgord……

It really needs some changes that makes it unique…. Also it has to be more recognizeable…. A nice aura like solar flames around the player… In a way like bolt but with fire….
And who needs footsteps…. it’s incinerator it should make a fire swath =)
The special ele skills on it also need a real redesign…. the normal skills are even better theres nothing legendary about them… but I think they will make it in time…. fingers crossed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I use incinerator with corrupted shard, looks pretty good.

Wouldn’t complain if they made incinerator more “legendary” though with the effects

in Elementalist

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

An exception would be for example a fire dagger + watter dagger, that would look nice but those dont exist.

Hotw dagger and cof or destroyer dagger are a cool combo if fire and ice is your cup of tea.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I’d be very happy if they made a Legendary dagger that changed what it was depending on what attunement we were in. A long flickering flame in fire, bolt of lightning in air, shard of ice in water, and a jagged piece of rock in earth. That i would actually go for. The incinerator is cool, but doesn’t really fit with ele. I’m currently using the Ghastly daggers from AC. I know, those don’t really fit either, but I just love how they look when they glow at night.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I’d be very happy if they made a Legendary dagger that changed what it was depending on what attunement we were in. A long flickering flame in fire, bolt of lightning in air, shard of ice in water, and a jagged piece of rock in earth. That i would actually go for. The incinerator is cool, but doesn’t really fit with ele. I’m currently using the Ghastly daggers from AC. I know, those don’t really fit either, but I just love how they look when they glow at night.

Having incinerator change based on your attunement would be serious swag.

Esp if the footprints changed too on attunement. How skittenzy would that be.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

Having incinerator change based on your attunement would be serious swag.

Esp if the footprints changed too on attunement. How skittenzy would that be.

-starts dreaming of four elemental dagger legendaries and the eternity-esque fusion-

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I want a dagger version of Bolt…

Just who the hell do you think I am!?