Let's Vote ONLY! (Tempest)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

The stream ended, a lot of us have seen it or are finishing work to see it, so cast your vote on what you thought of it.

You do not need to justify your vote, and if you prefer to do so, please keep it to 1-2 lines and do not comment on other posters opinion. This is an “in my opinion topic”!

This topic is mainly to gather the overall impression of the forum on the specialization as currently shown

Use the following vote system, I will count the votes periodically:

Votes up to Kashrlyyk.5364: 72

1) Really Liked / Loved it (11 votes)
2) It was good. (6 votes)
3) It was neither good nor bad. (11 votes)
4) It was bad. (27 votes)
5) Hate it / It was terrible. (17 votes)

Average Rating:

Let us see the overall impression of the elementalists.

(edited by Azel.4786)

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I think thres a rule saying polls on these forums isn’t allowed…

But I go with 2, I liked it a lot, but theres some room for improvement.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

Not an elementalist but I say it was 3. Didn’t find much I’m interested in. It’s not bad by any means, but it just doesn’t look that major to me.

Jesusmancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

For me it was 3/4.

Edit: Actually I’m rather inclining to go for 4 rather than 3.

(edited by Laraley.7695)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Maximum 3

Animations: Average (same horn animation for all skills, FX are ok)

Elite: Bad, I expected something along the line of an AoE storm

Shouts: Pretty good but do not synergize well with the traits lines and other ele weapons… still worse than cantrips

Warhorn: No blast, no block, no evade, no leap, no invul, no stability, no reflect, no cleanse, yet nothing new beside a moving water field…

Trait line: Average: no damage modifiers, no synergy with other lines beside auras and cleanse (typical stuff)

Overcharge: Good, kinda interesting if it does good damage

Globally: no new fields, no new boons, no new auras, no range boost change for staff or scepter, just more of the same (but less blasts)

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

4/5

Overloading was a cool concept but needs work. But everything else was hilariously kittening sad to watch. I don’t like support because like most people, I don’t like my power being determined by how more powerful I can make everyone else which is the purpose warhorn is trying to serve.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

4/5

Don’t see how any of it fits into actual game play that something else we have doesn’t already do it better.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

As a ele is my main I’d have to go with 4. It does nothing to change the meta for pve (which thanks to fresh air nerf puts us on staff only) and the I dont see D/D losing its place with it either. It just feels like the devs are so out of touch with the fan base when it comes to eles. Literally no dev I’ve seen in game plays ele which might be why. I wouldn’t see my self running S/warhorn or D/warhorn when I could support my team much better with dagger or focus.

The Sickest Guild NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

“meh”

So I go with 3)

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

3.5, its functional its just not practical and its not what the class required.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

3/5 can be used in PvE, can’t be used in PvP with mantra Mesmers running around like hawks.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Guizao.4167

Guizao.4167

I go with 1; it has tons of potential.

It’s all about THE COLORS

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

Very little to gain by going into this and what’s gained is not worth it based on what we already have.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

1, because it looks really fun to play with and brings some interesting ideas (party-wide stun breaks) while further developing other mechanics (auras). The massive AoE also seems a lot of fun for general pve while farming or doing events, as it does not forces you to stick to a single attument (fire staff) nor is it way restricted by range (d/d). The animations are also one of the best so far.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

it has potential but still needs to grow out of its baby shoes.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

2, because of the overloads.
d/d tempest will probably be stronger than d/wh tempest.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Subtlemuse.3586

Subtlemuse.3586

4, was hoping for a specialization that would benefit all weapons/ranges not just melee, so as a staff ele i won’t even be considering it. If only overload could be targetable with a trait as opposed to on character.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

1) Superb!

15 char

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

2, better than Reaper

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I’m doubting Warhorn’s capabilities, being locked out of an attunement for 16+ seconds is depressing. Shouts are more than likely not going to replace cantrips, no re-work on conjured weapons? Tempest line has very few interesting traits.

Time to play Shiro after the expansion, the tempst by design is looking stale. cele d/d cantrips is still going to be the norm.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mahuyo.3079

Mahuyo.3079

I will give it a 2 based on the overload. For it to get a 1 for me right now we need a %dmg trait.

in Elementalist

Posted by: yhvh.8703

yhvh.8703

1/2

Loved it, especially all the animations! C’mon, we are surfing on rocks!

I know the Elite IS pretty useful, but not as useful to put it as an elite skill. It feels more like utility slot imo.

I think it really should add more, such as some effect on enemies as well.

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

Thanks for votes thus far guys, updated up to yhvh.8703.

From the votes, I am getting that the majority thinks this is a potentially good specialization, but needs some tweaks (e.g., even high rating votes had an explanation that showed that there were lacking parts).

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

3 because support classes are only good when they are designed to buff yourself first. Little defensive utility for yourself. The usefulness of a build should not be designed around how many allies you have near you. This is why any support build fails except guardian/warrior or cele ele.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

1/2 WH on tempest i think is going to be one of the most OP effect in the game. The shout after shock is going to be wide spread used and the “good” tempest (eles) players are going to brake the new elite in all formats. Over charges is just a added tool for the tempest to play with and if they do not feel as if they can use it then they will not but if you let them use it you will lose vs tempest at all levels. Tempest is also going to be as of yet the only pt stun beaker in the game to the level of making some cc classes kind of pointless.

There is a storm coming and i have a feeling most ppl are going to want it to be on there side.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

4 being locked out of atunments is not worth what you get

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

4 – It fails to provide a truly viable alternative playstyle. This will only be used as a variant of water/arcana/X dagger/X eles, taken for decent (but boring) traits such as: additional endurance on vigor, better prot, and healing on aura, at least in pvp. Overloads will basically never be used, as you do more damage, support, healing, and control by just continuing to swap through attunements. Because of the double-penalty (wait to use, exhaust after use), these are horribly under-tuned. Shouts are pretty bad, with only a couple of truly viable ones. Warhorn has potential, but suffers from some incredibly clunkiness in these slow/plodding projectiles/fields that are simply unweildy and hard to land.

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

Thanks for additional votes, updated up to BlackBeard.2873.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

4)

~Overload idea = Tornado problems all over again

~we don’t need more offhand competition

~we don’t need more support or melee role competition

~shouts won’t compete with cantrips, a teleport, a complete invulnerability, a big cleanse, or mass stability+protection is just way too important in every single format to pass up

~the elite is only sort of decent for big cooldowns but will still be almost trash compared to fiery greatsword’s mobility or even a fire/water elemental damage/healing

overloads look alright for the defensive traits and effects they’re getting, but being forced into melee range with a big “hit me” sign is just Tornado all over again, and we all know all too well about the cries for that to change

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cicatrix.6149

Cicatrix.6149

1Omg… auras all the time and auras that heal and so much support and… k, no damage, but, whatever, more auras and healing and support! Fun.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Galk the Bloody.4629

Galk the Bloody.4629

it was a 5 or a 4 for me. Really liked what i saw, can see a lot of possibility’s for the spec in wvw

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bean Muncher.5197

Bean Muncher.5197

4/5. Utilities seem fun, but the weapon skills don’t add anything good for pve.
5/5 if I’d only rate the awkwardness of the stream.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

4/5, from pve perspective it won’t be used there.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Animations are nice, but that’s maybe all. Tempest brings nothing that ele needs (Just tons of support, and we are already ones of the best in that). It brings us to close range without any good defense. And that elite skill… just sucks

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I would say 2. There’s alot of balancing issues like the revenant. But it definitely seems like it has alot of potential. Might or might not become meta good, but I never cared about that.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supertramp.5430

Supertramp.5430

Animations were cool but I hate that every frickin ability is basically aoe and/or support oriented.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Andyx.3985

Andyx.3985

Overload shouldn’t be used as the F1-F4 skills, it should have it’s own F5 skill (like chronomancer). High Shout cd’s, no “reduce shout recharge” trait. Warhorn skills have far too long cd and only few are “useful”. Perfect Elite for ele, useless. Few traits should be in different trait lines… (Latent Stamina should be in Water Trait line…) Overload abilities seems weak and lacking.
Animations are fine.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

4, was disappointed tbh. Ele is my favorite class and now I don’t even want to buy HoT.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

4, was disappointed tbh. Ele is my favorite class and now I don’t even want to buy HoT.

This. Exactly.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cyan.6904

Cyan.6904

I’ll go for 2. It has potential in my eyes, the overloads are something I really want to try out, and the warhorn skills are way more interesting than I suspected. I don’t give it a 1 (yet) because I don’t know if it really matches my desire to keep using a staff. And it is really hard to decide which spec line to replace with Tempest.

Cyan Graceland — Elementalist
The Knights Temple [TKT] — Aurora Glade

in Elementalist

Posted by: Argol Vazin.3061

Argol Vazin.3061

Overload sums it up. it adds a bunch of kitten we have abundance of…and does it worse then what we already have

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mik.3401

Mik.3401

Love it! The concept and skills match the class perfectly Its support ability is huge, i mean group mightstack and all – so handy. This spec will make eles even more overpowered

(edited by Mik.3401)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

5. I swear the dev who thought scepter was a good idea for a weapon made warhorn and tempest

Its not going to replace staff in pve and its not going to replace d/d cele in pvp. I suppose there might be a weird niche for it in wvw but even then….

NO evades/invulns/teles etc how is this a front liner?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Markin.9167

Markin.9167

4/5
Isnt good enough to be a front liner.

in Elementalist

Posted by: EsarioOne.9840

EsarioOne.9840

3/5, I wasn’t impressed.

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

4/5
Isnt good enough to be a front liner.

Without something like Aegis, invul and stability the ele will never to step in a blob.

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

Thanks for the votes guys, updated up yo Xillllix.3485.

Must say 1 & 2 were starting to grow, but 4 has now skyrocketed

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

Thanks for the votes guys, updated up yo Xillllix.3485.

Must say 1 & 2 were starting to grow, but 4 has now skyrocketed

I just wished Anet would listen to the feedback and improve some things, like they did for the revenant.

in Elementalist

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

1: Others have said it, I’ll say it too…tons of potential here.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

Thanks for the vote moonstarmac, it has been updated up to you.

@Xillllix.3485, yes the goal of this topic is to help the community and the devs to get an impression of what everyone felt about the specialization.

I think seeing the votes (and the justifications for them) gives 2 main contributions, first it allows people to understand what is the prevalent sentiment in the forums about the specialization and, second, it allows us to ponder the level of improvement (not necessarily in terms of powers, but in terms of mechanics) this specialization may need to really reach out to the players.

The other topics will discuss the feedback and how this may be done, but at least what I am gathering is that people have come to terms with the fact that this will be our specialization, so what people want is to make it viable / useful to be an alternative (and not just a “go to” option).