Level 80, now what?

Level 80, now what?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hyde.6248

Hyde.6248

So I just hit 80 (first time) and I’m wondering what gear to get. I have 650+ BoH 18g around 450k karma 72 laurels etc. I plan to do wvw (zerging) and pve most of the time. What stats are good and what kind of gear should I buy? Also build recommendations welcome!

(edited by Hyde.6248)

Level 80, now what?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hyde.6248

Hyde.6248

O and 72 laurels

Level 80, now what?

in Elementalist

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

For PVE, the skickied dungeon guide and the other [Guide] on the front page of the forum have all the info you need.

Level 80, now what?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Find out what kind of playstyle/build you like. If you can stay alive in dungeons most of the time, go with berserker-stats. You can buy armor with defensive stats from karma-vendors in Orr.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Level 80, now what?

in Elementalist

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I’d suggest Valkyrie+Berserker combination for armor. Valkyrie will give you more sustain while berserker increases your crit chance.

Though I have all theses on my elementalist’s bags (in invisible bags):
- Valkyrie
- Berserker
- Soldier
- Cleric
- Celestial

I swap armor depending on the encounter. I need more tankiness? I swap for soldier. More DPS? I swap for 100% zerker. More support? I swap for cleric.

It depends on your playstyle most of all. But Valkyrie is one of the must for elementalists.

If you do not want to spend all that hard earned gold for armors, there’s the karma vendors in Orr that sells one piece for 42k karma or run a few dungeons for tokens and buy the pieces with the tokens.

Most build are viable.
S/D is quite popular for might staking and huge burst (very good in solo and team play)
D/D is quite versatile and good melee support and DPS (very good in solo and team play)
Staff is useful for very long range AoE support/DPS (very good in team play)

Focus you’ll say? It currently is the most useless off-hand on elementalists. Until they buff it up, don’t mind it.

Level 80, now what?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

PvE? Zerker. Since you are not that rich I recommend to farm CoF and CoE.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”