Lightning Flash range

Lightning Flash range

in Elementalist

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

I’d like to see the range of lightning flash increased. While running it’s especially hard to gauge it so you stay within the max range, especially when you have to pick a “useful” destination quickly: In critical situations where you want to use it for its main purpose (apart from instant churning earth), to escape.
For comparison: Its range is small compared to RTL and it has much more management overhead and also much higher cooldown.
Suggestion: Increase its range by a factor of 1.5.
Alternative solution: Decrease its cooldown by a factor of 2, making it a more interesting skill in general, outside of very specific builds.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

(edited by Antiriad.7160)

Lightning Flash range

in Elementalist

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Lightning Flash is pretty good now – what they should do is remove the damage component and reduce the cooldown to match that of the Mesmer Blink.

The damage is pitiful right now and I would much rather have the reduced cooldown like the Mesmer one.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

Lightning Flash range

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

Lightning Flash is pretty good now – what they should do is remove the damage component and reduce the cooldown to match that of the Mesmer Blink.

The damage is pitiful right now and I would much rather have the reduced cooldown like the Mesmer one.

I somewhat agree, however they might be worried about an ele being able to spec 30 into water (taking Cantrips mastery, cantrips grant regen/vigor, and regen clears conditions) and basically being able to use Lightning flash every 24 seconds to clear conditions and grant regen/vigor (assuming a base cooldown of 30 seconds, like mesmer blink) on top of all the other regens and boons the Ele can put up. Could be OP basically.

I know mesmers can trait to reduce the cooldown on blink, but I don’t think they can get regen/vigor/boons from it (nor does the blink spell do any damage to targets).

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

Lightning Flash range

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eraven.5834

Eraven.5834

I would like to see my ability casted anyway even though I click too far, and I then teleport as far as my skill allows.

Lightning Flash range

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

I would like to see my ability casted anyway even though I click too far, and I then teleport as far as my skill allows.

This I agree with 100%. Just click off in the distance and viola, you teleport to max range.

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

Lightning Flash range

in Elementalist

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

That’d already be a very great help, yes >_>

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

Lightning Flash range

in Elementalist

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

This I agree with 100%. Just click off in the distance and viola, you teleport to max range.

Yeah this would be good for any blink type skill.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

Lightning Flash range

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mik Hell.8206

Mik Hell.8206

Intigo.1653

That would make LF a 30s cd, same as Churning Earth’s, which would be very nice

Eraven.5834

And this would make LF much easier to use, specialy during a fight. Great idea.

Lightning Flash range

in Elementalist

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

Holy kitten that’s genius. Don’t know why it isn’t already like that. I’d love to see blink spells cast at max range if your cursor goes beyond it.

Lightning Flash range

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zen.9135

Zen.9135

I think all teleport abilities should just cast at max range if you put the cursor beyond max range. It would make all of them better.

[MF] Malum Factum | Yak’s Bend
www.malumfactum.com

Lightning Flash range

in Elementalist

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

Holy kitten that’s genius. Don’t know why it isn’t already like that. I’d love to see blink spells cast at max range if your cursor goes beyond it.

I pitched that exact idea right after BWE1, on these very forums. And as Arenanet reads everything this clearly wasn’t acceptable to implement.

I only rolled Ele and started visiting these forums in the last month, so sorry I missed it.

ANet just needs to pull their heads out of their kitten Some QoL changes would go a long way, and they need to fix the kittening bugs.

Either way, good idea, and ANet is stupid.