Lightning Hammer nerf? OH, NO!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Lightning Hammer the most op skill in the universe of MMOs finally gets its well deserved nerf. Its amazing range, devastating damage and overwhelming flexibility made this skill a must-have in the current meta, both in PvE and PvP. I’ve never seen any cele ele or zerker ele without exploiting this bug (Its godlike usefullness made the community suppose that it was merely a bug.)
Alone its beauty made it beneficial to use in PvP since it made enemy players have orgasms just by looking at it. This, paired with the unparalelled abilities made the skill an obvious candidate for nerf.
But worry not my friends! This skill is so powerful, no matter how hard they nerf it, it will still be OP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

(They mentioned the nerf on last dev stream.)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Don’t forget about the incredible synergy it used to have with our class mechanics and traits!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Sarcasm overdose…

Anyway, it’s clear anet doesn’t want us to be water bots that cast meteor shower only to tag for bags, since Lightning hammer is so strong.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Sarcasm overdose…

Anyway, it’s clear anet doesn’t want us to be water bots that cast meteor shower only to tag for bags, since Lightning hammer is so strong.

Engineer does it better, with more blasts to boot.

Tank up and play d/d earth/water/arcana or d/f aura build or gtfo.

Also, Anet has no idea what make conjures tick. LH will now auto-attack just slightly stronger than dagger auto probably….so nobody will waste their time.

Oh well, engineer seems awfully fun…plus, we can always trust Grouch to make sure they stay top-tier.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

I can’t wait to find out if they’re cutting down the damage, the blast finishers, or both.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I can’t wait to find out if they’re cutting down the damage, the blast finishers, or both.

Probably both.

stares at fgs

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

Probably both.

stares at fgs

Stares longingly at RtL (which wasn’t supposed to go on a long CD if evaded/blinded/blocked)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

Probably both.

stares at fgs

Does really noone care about the blind?

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

in Elementalist

Posted by: OreoWolf.9564

OreoWolf.9564

Pls. I oneshot a mediguard with LH in pvp and he called me cheese. CONFIRMED OP.

/s

in Elementalist

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

Pls. I oneshot a mediguard with LH in pvp and he called me cheese. CONFIRMED OP.

/s

That’s his own fault for sucking at the game. Blind and Aegis hello! LH is so slow he could easily have perma blinded you.

LH doesn’t need a nerf it’s not OP by any means. All of these poor changes to Elementalist are making me want to go back to Thief. #RipEle

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

/s

That’s his own fault for sucking at the game. Blind and Aegis hello! LH is so slow he could easily have perma blinded you.

LH doesn’t need a nerf it’s not OP by any means. All of these poor changes to Elementalist are making me want to go back to Thief. #RipEle

“/s” means sarcasm off, that is, everything said before that sign is sarcasm. We all know that LH is not OP. We all know that conjures are not usable outside of PvE. Apparently the devs balance the game for PvE too, by nerfing our damage but

but

but

Why in Kormir’s name would you buff staff and nerf DF ?

I just can’t understand.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Titanimite.2534

/s is not common to my knowledge for sarcasm but sure why not. Also I doubt the change was PvE related pretty sure it has to deal with Icebow in Stronghold not why change Lightning Hammer.

What they should be doing is changing how damage is calculated for hit boxes. (ie. If a hit is detected on a target, that skill/projectile/whatever cannot hit the same target again on any hitbox). This is mainly why Icebow and Meteor Shower are OP on large targets or gates for example. This should be changed first which would fix a lot of the problem and then they can balance the damage if it needs it.

D/F nerf is completely unwarrented for any reason. In my eyes, they need to completely revert the Air changes as they are all just bad in everyway.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Seriously, has anyone ever used lightning hammer for anything other than its auto? Or used ice bow for anything other than hitting 4 + 5 and then dropping it?

Conjures should be about getting access to cool new skills to complement your weapon skills. Not summoning it and going 11111111111111111111111111111 until the fight ends.

That said there better be some sweet buffs to compensate (hopefully to all 5 conjures), otherwise

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

in Elementalist

Titanimite.2534

Actually yes, we use it for Static Field on Alpha in CoE to keep the essence from healing him. We use it in Fractals on Reactor for the same reason. We use it for the knockback on occasion as well. Like any weapon set, some of the skills are utility related and it is balanced just fine as it is right now.

Icebow on the other hand is all over the place. Auto heals and does extremely low damage wtf? Skill 2 is a rapid fire like skill but pre-buff only worse. Skill 3 only use it when your standing on the boss basically or it sucks as well. Skill 4 first reason to use it and drop it for the strong AoE DPS. Skill 5 best CC in the game at the moment.

Realistically I do not believe we will see any Conjures in any game time after the patch goes through. They are lackluster at best, the nature of them was to Conjure a powerful weapon to turn the tide of battle none of them fulfill this roll in their current state or ever have really. Looking at what they did to FGS I very highly doubt the changes to Icebow or Lightning Hammer will leave them in a usable state.

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

Looking at what they did to FGS I very highly doubt the changes to Icebow or Lightning Hammer will leave them in a usable state.

Well actually, the tooltips for conjure skills might look really nice! In practice, they will probably hit like a wet noodle cough FGS cough.

in Elementalist

Posted by: EsarioOne.9840

EsarioOne.9840

Yeah I chuckled lol. I will miss icebow damage though ~¿~

in Elementalist

Posted by: GoobyWezHree.3720

GoobyWezHree.3720

And he called me cheese

11/10 Would report that guard >:3

#1 Gooby
Pls Gooby there’s no other Goobies out there
>mfw only Gooby in universe ;-;

in Elementalist

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

And he called me cheese

11/10 Would report that guard >:3

Last time I saw a hammer ele in WvW coming after my Warrior I think I one shotted it with a whirlwind before it could even hit me. I had to step back and check the combat log before I finished the ele just to see how squishy that ele had to be. I felt bad for the ele, only thing hammer is good for is PvE and leveling. Except in pve without a strong group using their support skills well you will die fast and you lose the utility of of a dagger build and have to be in true melee range. The build only shined in organized groups imo, using it in a lot of pugs would mean the ele is constantly on their back, but that was okay because of the risk/reward.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I am hopping they make hammer more of the hard cc wepon so they drop the dmg but add in more means of stuns and lines maybe even a lighting wall that blocks ranges attks to let you get in. I think the same should be true for ice bow so less dmg but more support. I would like to see them do this for all the conjurer weapons.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA