Lightning whip bug

Lightning whip bug

in Elementalist

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Some times even if you are ontop of your enemy the skill ‘misses’ seems like the angle of hit is way smaller than any other melee ability, i dont have this kind of problem with my #1 sword of my mesmer for example.

Note: #1 dagger skill.

Lightning whip bug

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Don’t move. Seriously. That’s the fix. I was trying to remember while I never used the super cool looking lightning whip. thanks for reminding me!

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Lightning whip bug

in Elementalist

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

Not moving doesn’t fix it. It happens a lot more often when the vertical elevation is different (even slightly) than you and your enemy, or when your enemy is huge, or when your enemy is a stationary object(one of those things that can’t get conditions on them).
I constantly find myself missing on stationary objects… I have to position myself just right to not miss.

Lightning whip bug

in Elementalist

hharry.1967

Can we get a fix on this? Its pretty annoying, you are right about stationary objects, i cant break boxes or windows with it neither.

Lightning whip bug

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The #1 sword for the mesmer is the same, actually. I have tested both. Only greatswird and hammer users seem to be able to melee consistently. Damn ballistas.

Lightning whip bug

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

If only they dedicated the same resources to fixing bugs that aren’t benefiting us that they do to stuff like the 1m fury/swiftness and rtl resetting cooldowns bugs we might see a fix to these bugs that have been here since beta.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Lightning whip bug

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

I feel like if lightning whip actually worked my DPS would go up 40% in pvp.

Fire Grab also still misses alot for me, although lightning touch hits everytime no problem. why is there such an issue with lightning whip and fire grab????

Please fix this!

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

Lightning whip bug

in Elementalist

hharry.1967

Oh yes fire grab has the same issue…

Lightning whip bug

in Elementalist

hharry.1967

I wish we could get some devs attention here, its fustrating another dude running in circles around me and this misses 100% of the hits.

Checking ele videos from other classes seems like asura’s lightning whip is very small compared to the rest, might be this the problem?

Curious is that this never happens against dummies, just players and static objects like windows, boxes, even trebs.

(edited by hharry.1967)

Lightning whip bug

in Elementalist

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

I had not really noticed how bad this was until the wintersday events started (granted i was away from the ele for some time), it’s impossible to hit the turrets in the WD dungeon event using dagger 1.

Shouldn’t a main attack skill not hitting be top priority?, more so on a class with limited weapons.

This neeeds a wider arch or something – it’s not right when you are within range and have the target dead ahead that you can miss loads when you should clearly be hitting.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Lightning whip bug

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

<- Human ele, also miss lot with the lightning whip and cannot kill barrels, boxes or trebs with it unless at the very right angle. Not “too” bad against players, I can still hit them but do miss regularly

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows