Long Term Problems With Eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

With the expansion just around the corner, what long term problems with eles do you guys want to see solved?

I’ll list a few:

Conjures are clunky and generally not that fun to use. They take away any sort of flexibility when summoned and are only used in PvE for their insane DPS. Once the specializations balance patch hits the only conjures worth taking(LH and icebow) will be nerfed. As a result, no game mode will use conjures. Conjures also only have 1 trait that affects them. Honestly, making conjures more like engineer kits would go a long way in making them more fluid and fun to use.

Scepter’s Fire 2 (dragons tooth) is STILL a targeted ability and not a ground-targeted ability. Why the skill is like this makes no sense to me. It makes this skill extremely frustrating to use and makes it impossible to lead targets with the dragons tooth. Additionally, when there is no target the skill seems to hit below ground half the time making blasting fields without a target extremely unreliable. The only good thing that comes out of this ability being a targeted ability is hitting people without LoS in specific scenarios such as WvW seige.

Scepter’s Fire 5(Fire Aura) is extremely underwhelming for a 5 skill. I could understand an extremely powerful aura such as shocking aura be a 5 skill but fire aura is not nearly as useful.

The arcane trait line’s minor 2(lingering elements) and minor 3(arcane precision) are extremely underwhelming in comparison to other minor traits.

(edited by Piratoz.8627)

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrozenChinchilla.5249

FrozenChinchilla.5249

Cantrips are the only choices that elementalists even have other than LH+IB.
Slot skills need a huge rework.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

CC spamming ele with Lightning Rod, Tempest Defense, earth shield(skill3 and 4), D/f might be the new meta for pvp. Maybe aura share too. If there’s more of these eles, then there is longer Shocking Aura uptime, so more cc and more lightning rod dmg :P

edit: Proposing Earth Shield as the new meta conjured weapon =]

(edited by sMihaly.1492)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

CC spamming ele with Lightning Rod

Ele do not have access to all that many interupts/stuns and these that we have got mostly long cooldowns.

I agree with OP about the conjures, make them like kits, or at laest “like kits after casting them for X sec”

One of big eles problem is that having twice as many weapons skills should cover for our weaknesses but many of these skills are just bad and many of these that aren’t require setup with other skills to hit or have long cooldowns

in Elementalist

Posted by: MeanCoffeeBean.2073

MeanCoffeeBean.2073

Our elites are garbage compared to other professions. While the elemental can be a nice addition in a fight, it is certainly not worthy of the elite slot. FGS is a mobility and drop weapon and barely deserves a utility slot at this point. When people slot Melandru as their elite, you know something is terribly wrong.

Glyphs are just awful. Glyph of Storms might see some use in PVE, but I never see them outside of that environment.

I don’t know what to do with our conjures. The idea of a kit is nice, and would even justify the damage reduction if we could swap into it like an extra attunement. This could be abused though.

Scepter sustained damage is just… bleh.

Fluttershy – Mesmer
Clarishy – Ranger
Tinkershy – Engineer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

Our elites are garbage compared to other professions. While the elemental can be a nice addition in a fight, it is certainly not worthy of the elite slot. FGS is a mobility and drop weapon and barely deserves a utility slot at this point. When people slot Melandru as their elite, you know something is terribly wrong.

Glyphs are just awful. Glyph of Storms might see some use in PVE, but I never see them outside of that environment.

I don’t know what to do with our conjures. The idea of a kit is nice, and would even justify the damage reduction if we could swap into it like an extra attunement. This could be abused though.

Not true :P Jou can pull a fully upgraded camp in a corner and melt them With Meteor Shower+ Lava Font with your default Pve zerker stuff
Maybe freeze+ ib#4 to take care of a remaining vet

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MeanCoffeeBean.2073

MeanCoffeeBean.2073

Not true :P Jou can pull a fully upgraded camp in a corner and melt them With Meteor Shower+ Lava Font with your default Pve zerker stuff

And none of those are elites, glyphs, or use the scepter. The icebow is great, but is being nerfed, thus the dilemna.

I am not actually sure what you are arguing against, but it isn’t anything I said.

Fluttershy – Mesmer
Clarishy – Ranger
Tinkershy – Engineer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

For PvE, most eles will probably go staff all the way. That will probably be the only viable builds (unless Sword tempest has something else to say next week).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Long term problems with ele you say?

I do agree that the 5 point minors need looking at. I think the Earth and Water ones are in an ok place right now but Fire and Air need work.

Jon

(source)

The air minor is still terrible and redundant.
The fire minor is not going to work with Lingering Joke Elements, and it is random enough to prevent strategic use: we are the masters of the elements, not the gamblers of the elements, this does not work for us.

It seems that the devs have failed to take into account the constructive feedback we have kept giving them for more than two years.

I would like to give detailed comments on the changes that they propose for HoT, but the truth is that I am tired to saying always to same things. I wish they would discuss with us. I am incredibly disappointed.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

And none of those are elites, glyphs, or use the scepter. The icebow is great, but is being nerfed, thus the dilemna.

I am not actually sure what you are arguing against, but it isn’t anything I said.

Meant the part about the Glyphs; ofc you place a sandstorm on the stacked camp, my bad

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

They did say that they were toning down IB and LH, but that doesn’t mean uselessness. It does mean that the AoE off IB won’t be so brokenly good, but they may end up overall well-rounded or useful.

Also, they said that they were looking to improve other conjures to be more useful. Maybe earth shield WILL be the new uber conjure