Looking for a PvE/WvW build

in Elementalist

Posted by: igneous.8153

igneous.8153

Hi,

After having neglected my Elementalist for over 4 months, I’ve decided to give it a try again. Much to my surprise, I found myself enjoying the profession quite a lot. I quickly levelled her to 80 and found myself with the dilemma of end-game build and gear.

I do mostly PvE, with about an equal share of WvW. So I need to be able to kill stuff and still survive. I thought about going full berserkers, but figured that a full glass cannon might not be quite as effective in PvE/WvW on an Elementalist as it was on my Thief. I levelled from 1 to 80 almost exclusively using staff. What I need help with is:

1) What combination of stats to use in gear
2) What sigils and runes to use
3)Where to allocate traits

Thanks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Clueless.1406

Clueless.1406

Hopefully this guy wont mind me posting his work, I started using this myself this morning for sPvP and WvWvW and compared to when i was uninformed, i’ve noticed a HUGE difference. I can survive for muuuuuch longer and win most of my 1v1’s.

Probably not quite what you were looking for but i’d certainly give it a go!

EDIT: You probably want the link :p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4yBHOtYteo

in Elementalist

Posted by: igneous.8153

igneous.8153

So, power/toughness/vitality, 30 in water and 30 in arcane.

I’ve noticed most ele builds these days use D/D. Why is that? Back at launch most eles ran around with staves because of the number of AoE skills staff has, which are useful both in PvE, and especially in WvW.