Looking for a good DMG build!

in Elementalist

Posted by: XinsaX.1238

XinsaX.1238

Hi there! I’m relative new with this game and I’d played with Warrior and Archer, but I’d created an Ele and it’s a lot more complicated class.
I’m reading GWGuru and there are severals builds using Scepter, saying that Staff generate less damage and other ones that staff are better.

For example the traits, Arcana up to 10 and Blasting Staff has influence on other tree skills? Does that affect Fire Skills as well as it affects Arcane Skills?

Can someone help me with this? I’m looking for an Ele build that generates good damage.

(edited by XinsaX.1238)

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Hi there! I’m relative new with this game and I’d played with Warrior and Archer, but I’d created an Ele and it’s a lot more complicated class.
I’m reading GWGuru and there are severals builds using Scepter, saying that Staff generate less damage and other ones that staff are better.

Can someone help me with this? I’m looking for an Ele build that generates good damage.

Purpose? sPvP, WvW, PvE.

For PvE check the stickies at the top by Zelyhn and Neko.

For sPvP/WvW builds there are a few to choose from.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

XinsaX.1238

Mostly WvW and PvE.
I don’t understand a few things like…
For example the traits, Arcana up to 10 and Blasting Staff has influence on other tree skills? Does that affect Fire Skills as well as it affects Arcane Skills?

in Elementalist

Posted by: zitounae.4803

zitounae.4803

blasting staff increase aoe staff skills, in every attenument. In wvw zerg staff is used for aoe dmg and ctrls/heals, roaming solo and small grp you may try septer/x base on fresh air, or a bunkerish d/d.

Pure dmg wise daggers got best auto atck and atck speed, staff good aoe dmg and better ctrl and scepter is inbetween but harder to land skills imho (dragon tooth is so meeh)

I ran into a VERY strong staff Elem earlier on live and was excited to see it -time4nerf-

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

Mostly WvW and PvE.

Staff skills are skills in the 1-5 (weapon skills) slots, while using a staff. There are a few that Blasting Staff doesn’t affect in those, as not all staff skills have an area of effect. Blasting Staff does not affect any skills in the healing, utility or elite slots.

In general, traits that say they affect a specific weapon’s skills only apply to the skills equipping that weapon gives you. Also of note on elementalists, the “Alacrity” traits (20% reduced cooldown for skills of a single element) only apply to the 1-5 slots for the matching attunement. Those 4 traits don’t affect the remaining skill slots. But the “gain x bonus when attuned to y element” traits do affect all skills where relevant.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

You can also go to the Heart of the Mists and try out what traits do. With the new dynamic tooltips, you can see the effects of most of the traits and being a PvP area, respeccing won’t cost you anything.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

Purpose? sPvP, WvW, PvE.

Mostly WvW and PvE.

@ oZii: I revised my guide 3 days ago, and it got stickied 2 days ago. The link’s in my sig. The OP asked about dmg in PvE, and for that, all the builds in my guide are undeniably better than those in Zelyhn’s and Neko’s guides.

@ Xinsa: Blasting Staff is not worth it in PvE. I explain why in my guide; click on the link in my sig and scroll down to it if you’re interested.

in Elementalist

XinsaX.1238

Purpose? sPvP, WvW, PvE.

Mostly WvW and PvE.

@ oZii: I revised my guide 3 days ago, and it got stickied 2 days ago. The link’s in my sig. The OP asked about dmg in PvE, and for that, all the builds in my guide are undeniably better than those in Zelyhn’s and Neko’s guides.

@ Xinsa: Blasting Staff is not worth it in PvE. I explain why in my guide; click on the link in my sig and scroll down to it if you’re interested.

Thank you guys!
I’m checking all the builds. Some explanations are a little too much to understand when you are new but I’m reading all the data. Now I’m checking yours!

in Elementalist

XinsaX.1238

Guys! Just a question! I’m watching the Skills from the Traits. In Water Attunement there’s Soothing Wave (V) “Gain regeneration when critically hit”. Does that trait affect to all the others? Or only when I’m using Water Attunement?

in Elementalist

Anierna.6918

From the comments section of my guide:

@ Xinsa: This is a PvE guide. Soothing Wave (V) should NEVER be used in PvE.

Answering in a PvP/WvW context, though, Soothing Wave does activate in all Atunes, not just Water.

in Elementalist

Posted by: biscuits.8073

biscuits.8073

go 30 in fire and 10 in arcane (blasting staff) then take whatever other traits you like, use full zerker, you will be squishy as hell but if you position yourself cleverly you will have a lot of fun!

in Elementalist

Anierna.6918

@ Biscuits: read the thread. Then read the section of my guide that analyzes Blasting Staff. It is not worth getting for PvE.