Looking for help for ele alt

in Elementalist

Posted by: Seph.5042

Seph.5042

Hello all I have 3 maxed out chars and I’m debating on my 4th to either be an ele or a warrior and had some questions.
1.is there any more bursty versions of d/d that are viable for Wvw/spvp
2. I’m very interested in fresh air wondering if anyone knew of any good guide videos.
3. Do u guys recommend d/d or s/f I was thinking d/d for spvp, and the more bursty fresh air for Wvw fun.
4. I’m stuck between warrior and ele what would pick, I do pretty much exclusively pvp at max level unless I’m grinding for a piece of gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: Seph.5042

Seph.5042

83 views and no replies. Ive been playing basic d/d and loving it so far looking for a build with a bit more burst if possible,maybe something that hits harder in the fire or lightning dps phases. I wouldnt mind being a little squishier either i main thief and mes as i said so im used to dying quickly if i mess up once.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

83 views and no replies. Ive been playing basic d/d and loving it so far looking for a build with a bit more burst if possible,maybe something that hits harder in the fire or lightning dps phases. I wouldnt mind being a little squishier either i main thief and mes as i said so im used to dying quickly if i mess up once.

D/D and burst don’t match very well. 0/3/2/3/6 is the most offensive version out of all classic D/D specs and hits quite a lot harder than classic 02066. From there on out it gets a bit shady. 06026 kind of works, as does 40066 but both are not exactly optimal. If you show me your build I could estimate how much you could change your gear to offensive stuff without losing too much viability.

S/F or S/D however is the king of burst. 66002 and 66200 do absurd damage while having really solid 1v1 potential. It will also push your skills to the limit. I recommend S/F with arcane shield, lightning flash and arcane blast or icebow. There are also more conservative versions that go deeper into arcane like 06044 or something (I don’t like these but they’re still effective)

Your 3rd question, the reason I don’t like S/F in WvW is that you die a lot. Not only because it’s a risky playstyle since you’re full zerk, but also due to the fact you have no mobility. Dying is a pain in WvW since you have to run so far. I do enjoy playing S/F glass in the duelling arena though

4th question: play elementalist. I don’t think even the warrior forums will disagree that elementalist is MUCH more engaging than warrior. You’ll notice if you transition now that warrior feels pretty braindead and easymode.

There aren’t really any guide videos about fresh air but you’ll learn to use it soon enough. Just make sure to keep swapping in and out of air for your instant burst from discharge and air 2. It takes a ton of practise to get perfect at though.

D/D is definitely more forgiving and arguably stronger in this PvP meta. I honestly have to advise D/D. S/F is a lot of fun though.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

For Fresh Air I don’t know about guides, but you’ll find some funny videos on youtube.

The center of the build is switching back to air every few (<5) seconds, to use air#2 and the attunement swap burst (15 point air or something). Add some arcane utility skills for good measure. Think Dragons Tooth, Phoenix, Air15, Arcane Wave, Lightning Strike, Air Sigil hitting at the same time. gg whoever decided to facetank that.
You can use the multihit air#1 skillto switch to other attunements while it channels and use its high frequency/critchance to proc fresh air quickly.

Basically, just read all the tooltips. The build and playstyle is rather... obvious :P
Might as well go zerk/scholar. I tend to either be at 100% or 0% HP ^_^v

Ele / Guardian

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Hiya, I got 6 maxxed out characters working on a 7th (warrior) Started on elementalist which has been my main since pre-launch.
Currently heavily invested into pvp. You want burst ele, I suggest D/F – arcana + frostbow 06242 fresh air. You can choose offensive or defensive traits in the waterline depending on your preferences. Choosing offensive ones will increase your initial frostbow burst by 30%. Choosing defensive ones will allow you to survive and do damage for longer periods of time when your frostbow is on CD.