Love tempest (pvp) Please don't nerf it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gibe.8172

Gibe.8172

Actually i love my tempest in pvp, it’s really a strong spec.
The warhorn may be useless, but who cares?
Overload are the best, especially air overload with marauder amulet, and if u can’t survive with the perma vigor and regen given by auras…well maybe u are not a good pvp player.
Stop asking for buffs and let’s just hope they don’t nerf it as they always did with anything good they gave to ele.

Thank you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

agree. loving my new build… overload is good stun breaker

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

‘Warhorn may be useless, but who cares?’

Oh well that solves that! No need to bother buffing the horrible weapon, because evidently no one cares!

Also how are you getting your overloads off with no Stability?

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I’m sorry, if you are consistently getting off air overloads on a marauder amulet, then you are playing opponents who don’t know how to play very well.

I wouldn’t worry about it getting nerfed, as the damage isn’t DH-level and you are exposed and vulnerable through the entire cast.

Of course, they always could just nerf it anyway b/c they have no idea what they are doing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asherah.7651

Asherah.7651

I’m sort of loving tempest too… I personally go celestial with D/F fresh air earth/air/tempest traitlines and man I love it. So much survivability, while still being able to provide group support with shouts and put out some decent damage with air overload

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

It does feel good but the only overload i can do quite save is earth and this is more a control and group prot one then offensive. If i overload non earth i get interupted about 50% and always have to worry about the damage i take. Its quite common that i eat more damage then i dish out …. Its doable but i do the following.
Air overload: Its a fight opener. I cover it with blind + missile def, if interrupted i swap elemement.
Fire overload: I cover it with a shout for protection and my blinding ashes is a bit of help. Most used against non players especially when packed. Only in teamfights when unatended.
Earth: My most used overload. Very nice to harden myself. 40% prot + stability and cripling/imobilize oponents. I run stone heart and this synergises very well. Funny that its often the fight finisher. It perfectly fits my build.
Water: No use of it. I never camp water (also air but air is a good opener). The 5s wait kills the overload for me.
The timing when to overload is important. If used as aditional utilities overloads are a great addition.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

I’ve personaly enjoyed Tempest in all the game formats but there are a lot of Quality of Life needed for it; Harmonious Conduit i think should be baseline.

Warhorn needs a bit of a rework too.

in Elementalist

Gibe.8172

I play earth , air , tempest with marauder amulet and d/f.
This mean i have perma protection , regen and vigor on demand.
This mean 50 % damage reduction (40 % for prot plus 10% fron earth minor trait)
Reduced cd to 33 sec for invulnerability.
I don’t feel vulnerable while using overload .
Yeah not have stability and still deciding wich trait is better but either way with this continuos healing from aura i feel durable as i never felt before with my ele.
I use 2 shouts and lighting flash and this helps me to start or to reach my target beginning the overload far away.

I ONLY pvp since day one of this game.
And no i have not only played against unskilled opponents.
Of course there are some weakness , but aftet several hours i can say i win about 75% of the duels (with this class i can deal and win vs scrappers) , and i feel pretty useful in my team.

So please, don’t nerf it

in Elementalist

Posted by: zefs.8794

zefs.8794

@Asherah.7651 , @Gibe.8172

Can you guys please link those earth/air/tempest builds as I am a new player and want to try them on pvp? Thanks!

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I paly fire instead of air but it looks like that:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodncMA9XiVYCeOAcYilHAz9xeZ/sDngMwLUIAcA2gA-TJBFABiXGoo9HW4BAAwJAAA

Often unstable conduit is used.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Posted by: zefs.8794

zefs.8794

Is the focus offhand picked instead of dagger to make the build more defensive? Or is there something else that I am missing. Basically you try to apply auras all the time to build your defenses and use the rest of the skills for dps?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Me, as both a customer and a player, I care (or used to)…

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Dagger is more offensive. Focus compensates the weaker defence of the amulet and gains a huge boost with geomancers training. Yo go to air often incuding overload. If you have trouble overloading take stability on overload instead of regen + vigor. Its a fresh air build! Auras add to your heal and defence.

in Elementalist

Gibe.8172

Wolfric.9380
Dagger is more offensive. Focus compensates the weaker defence of the amulet and gains a huge boost with geomancers training. Yo go to air often incuding overload. If you have trouble overloading take stability on overload instead of regen + vigor. Its a fresh air build! Auras add to your heal and defence.

As he said

Actually right now i’m testing the build with Lighting rod and radiance rune ( for an incrased duration of air aura) considering u can get 3-4 of this aura in a row , the dmg output is almost doubled , most zerker class just suicide while trying to dps me while casting my overload , and get weakness wich helps me sustain more dmg.
Pretty nice.

Plus the 5th skill with the focus become a nice dps skill with LR.

I’m having good results in duel server and on point capture/def in arena.
Still i have to test it with an organized team.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

It’s not the survivability that’s the issue. It’s really more of a power issue as in the amount of overall power you can generate vs the other elite specs currently filling up the matches.

The amount of support you can generate for your teammates just doesn’t really keep up very well with the amount of damage and conditions being thrown around. Water overload is a good example. The heal and condi cleanse on pulse doesn’t keep up with HoT mobs in PvE; much less in PvP. The heal at the end is relatively strong, but it just ends up mostly healing all the damage you and the people around you took during the 4 second cast time, so it ends up kind of neutralizing itself.

My general experience was living forever, but really not being able to do anything when my teammates were targeted. It’s not just a tempest issue, to be honest; I ran into the same issue with my old staff bunker build. The amount of AoE sustain and support you can put out just get’s overshadowed by the power creep.

You can chalk it up to me being bad at my class, but this wasn’t an experience or perspective I had before HoT.

I’ll just chalk your opinion up to a small sample set of matches where you happened to do well against relatively bad players, because so far, the overwhelming consensus I see is that Tempest (and the old builds) are somewhat impotent in comparison to what some of the new elites can do.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

in Elementalist

Asherah.7651

@Asherah.7651 , @Gibe.8172

Can you guys please link those earth/air/tempest builds as I am a new player and want to try them on pvp? Thanks!

@zefs.8794
This Is what I run, I prefer diamond skin over stone heart just for the resistance to conditions. With diamond skin, earth 4 and soldiers runes I have a decent amount of condi clear, and I prefer gale song over unstable conduit just because I love the auto stun break! Hope this helps you out! Lemme know if you have any questions
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodn0XCNYiVYCGOAcYilHAz9x6zOcCSBdQhAwBYDC-TJBHwAAeAACOBA92fAZZAA

(edited by Asherah.7651)

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

Overload are the best, especially air overload with marauder amulet, and if u can’t survive with the perma vigor and regen given by auras…well maybe u are not a good pvp player.
Stop asking for buffs and let’s just hope they don’t nerf it as they always did with anything good they gave to ele.

Thank you.

So the warhorn is unusable, shouts are unusable, and you like one out of the four overloads, so you don’t think that buffs are warranted?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Thank you.

So the warhorn is unusable, shouts are unusable, and you like one out of the four overloads, so you don’t think that buffs are warranted?

I think he just dislikes the WH the other things are kind of leaps of logic that he dose not like them if any thing it sounds like he dose like them.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Gibe.8172

Thank you.

I think he just dislikes the WH the other things are kind of leaps of logic that he dose not like them if any thing it sounds like he dose like them.

I just don’t like warhorn because it doesn’t fit my style, playing with marauder needs the survivability granted by focus .

I love the shouts, 2 on 3 utilities i have are shouts, they have low cd, and with the sinergy of the traits , grants group healing , regen , vigor , fury , swiftness , and protect on demand.

(edited by Gibe.8172)

in Elementalist

Gibe.8172

It’s not the survivability that’s the issue. It’s really more of a power issue as in the amount of overall power you can generate vs the other elite specs currently filling up the matches.

The amount of support you can generate for your teammates just doesn’t really keep up very well with the amount of damage and conditions being thrown around. Water overload is a good example. The heal and condi cleanse on pulse doesn’t keep up with HoT mobs in PvE; much less in PvP. The heal at the end is relatively strong, but it just ends up mostly healing all the damage you and the people around you took during the 4 second cast time, so it ends up kind of neutralizing itself.

My general experience was living forever, but really not being able to do anything when my teammates were targeted. It’s not just a tempest issue, to be honest; I ran into the same issue with my old staff bunker build. The amount of AoE sustain and support you can put out just get’s overshadowed by the power creep.

You can chalk it up to me being bad at my class, but this wasn’t an experience or perspective I had before HoT.

I’ll just chalk your opinion up to a small sample set of matches where you happened to do well against relatively bad players, because so far, the overwhelming consensus I see is that Tempest (and the old builds) are somewhat impotent in comparison to what some of the new elites can do.

Have u tried air overload with a marauder amulet? the damage is insane nothing to envy dragonhunter traps.
Combined with shocking aura , lighting rod i happen to instakill people without even noticing.. OF COURSE a good player would be able to dodge it is the same for dragon hunter traps.. and if u arrive in an already started fight it’s quite easy to land.

I always played zerker ele (when there was only the berserker amulet and not that kitten ed marauder amulet for low hp classes like ele) and my damage outoput is higher than ever.

If the devs will decide to listen to the complains and buff the spec i couldn’t be happier.

But i seriusly doubt… as i’m used to see , everytime we get something nice they’ll nerf to the bone so right know i would sign with blood to keep the things like are now.

If u don’t believe me try it out.

Or write me in game to duel with ur ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

I’ve personaly enjoyed Tempest in all the game formats but there are a lot of Quality of Life needed for it; Harmonious Conduit i think should be baseline.

COULDN’T AGREE MORE!!!!

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

I think he doesnot played against good necro, guards, thieves etc. Because the ait overload is usefull but all good teams sytop your cast a lot of times is not a sure spell.

in Elementalist

Asherah.7651

Armor of earth makes getting an air overload off pretty easy….and with a focus, air 5 is a great stun for following up with air overload as well

in Elementalist

Axialbloom.8109

He uses Lightning Rod, no Stability trait…and Air Overload? So one Air Overload a match gets through?

in Elementalist

Axialbloom.8109

Armor of earth makes getting an air overload off pretty easy….and with a focus, air 5 is a great stun for following up with air overload as well

A 75 second cooldown to use an Overload. Lol…

in Elementalist

Asherah.7651

That’s not exactly what I meant…armor of earth is great way to get off an air overload in a high pressure situation. Its perfectly viable to use an overload without it, you just need to pay attention to your situation and make good use of auras…though I would still love a baseline stability on overload trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

That’s not exactly what I meant…armor of earth is great way to get off an air overload in a high pressure situation. Its perfectly viable to use an overload without it, you just need to pay attention to your situation and make good use of auras…though I would still love a baseline stability on overload trait

No one sane will let you cast overload air unless you’ve got tons of stab stacks. And they might interrupt it even despite that.

in Elementalist

Gibe.8172

The most damaging part is when the air load finish and u leave the air field that keeps damaging while u can keep attacking plus shocking aura + lighting rod.
U don’t need stability u need a good timing or just start cast the overload before and use lighting flash.
But i guess there may be several other way to use it in your advantage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

As a proud owner of howler, I care that warhorn is arguably the worst new weapon introduced by the expansion.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

As a proud owner of howler, I care that warhorn is arguably the worst new weapon introduced by the expansion.

When the elite skill is rushed out barely a month before the release and literally not tested (and is terrible) it’s kinda obvious they didn’t care about making a good elementalist elite spec.

It must have been the one at the bottom of their priority list.

in Elementalist

Axialbloom.8109

Ele was the strongest profession going into the expansion, so it would have had the least priority.

Hopefully Karl can salvage the Tempest like he did the Dragonhunter.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

Ele was the strongest profession going into the expansion, so it would have had the least priority.

Hopefully Karl can salvage the Tempest like he did the Dragonhunter.

I actually don’t hope he salvages Tempest like Dragonhunter because it feels like he would go too far and get Ele nerfed down to something that is weaker than before.

Really what I wanted was a Mainhand sword spec dealing with Power/damage or Condi. That way it would be a legitimate replacement for Fire as I have no problems with the Water/Arcane traitlines that you use for fighting close up. Zero problems because well…you are an Ele, you wear light armor and have a low base hp. It makes sense that you devote two entire specs to pretty much making your defenses alright. It may not even be enough with the new elite since I’ve been hearing ppl now take EARTH. That is 3 specs for pure defense when I think the ideal ratio is 2 for defense 1 for offense on Ele.

in Elementalist

Axialbloom.8109

I wanted the Tempest to be a viable condition build. But the scepter was left horrible, and the Warhorn cooldowns are too long.