Lucid Singulariy vs Deathly/Abyssal Chill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Does anybody know how these traits interact?

I’m thinking that incoming chill is still considered “applied”, but it’s reduced to 0 seconds, which means you still get hit with bleed/torment. I’m hoping that’s not the case though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I doubt it will be a zero second chill but chill will be applied for a moment and torment with it. If you have some expertise the chill will be on the target for a half second. The torment should proc even if the chill is barely noticeable.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I think it reads a immune when you have -100% duration. Seems worth testing.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Clownmug.8357

I doubt it will be a zero second chill but chill will be applied for a moment and torment with it. If you have some expertise the chill will be on the target for a half second. The torment should proc even if the chill is barely noticeable.

That doesn’t sound right, but who knows.

I think it reads a immune when you have -100% duration. Seems worth testing.

It would’ve been nice if the devs put immunity in the tooltip to leave less room for doubt.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TakeCare.3182

TakeCare.3182

The system doesn’t work that way. It doesn’t start to apply the chill and then reduce it -100%. It never actually applies in the first place. No bleeds.

YouTube channel
Thief | Mesmer | Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The question i have is if the person has +20 % condi duration (applying 120%) will it still kill the the full duration? Or is -100% just that a full kill all duration?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

The question is who actually takes that trait?

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

It’s a trait that’s not worth taking over the others. It’s playstyle promotes camping the attunement and only overloading in response to being CC’d (soft or hard). Would synergize well enough with Tempest Runes, I suppose, for the team support 1100 base heal. Although it’s worse because the number of auras on some weapon sets and utilities taken exceeds the number of stunbreaks (including that passive Gale Song trait). It is a passive vs active thing. I might play with it later but I think the CDs will be hurting.

(edited by cgMatt.5162)

in Elementalist

Clownmug.8357

The system doesn’t work that way. It doesn’t start to apply the chill and then reduce it -100%. It never actually applies in the first place. No bleeds.

Are you speaking from experience and have actually seen it prevent the bleeds?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Are you speaking from experience and have actually seen it prevent the bleeds?

Back in the day, it was kinda usual to see necros playing svanir runes + relentless pursuit in order to prevent chill from enemy necros. What happened was that chill was applied to you, and half a second after it ended, and there was no negative effect attached to it, so the icon appeared but you were effectively immune to chill. Not sure if it still applies bleeds tho, cause this combination was used with the old deathly chill trait.

M I L K B O I S