Marauder or Zerker ?

Marauder or Zerker ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

Hello Friends

I just made an ele recently and now im a Tempest still pretty new to this class but i love it so far

What i want to know is are there anygood in Marauder Stats in PvE/Dun/Frac or PvE – wide ? I know Zerker is still a thing but i want to try something new.

What are you guys opinions ?

Marauder or Zerker ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: claytonmorby.3751

claytonmorby.3751

You’ll lose out on a little damage, but at the expense of a little more survivablilty. For dungeons and pve content I don’t think it’s needed, but I think for some higher lvl fractals there are instabilities that would favor marauder over zerker.

Personally I would go with marauder because it’s a nice balance and you technically get more value with the 4 stat split.

Marauder or Zerker ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Zerker.

It might be hard at first, but it forces you to learn how to dodge and time skills properly. In the end, Marauder or Zerker, you would die in one boss hit at level 80+ fractal anyway. Zerker has more DPS, and makes the thing go faster.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Marauder or Zerker ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

The best is a mix of both. Full marauder unbalances your stats a bit. Partial marauder, however, is very efficient. Take just enough marauder to hit about 15k health before the wvw bonus. The dps loss is unnoticeable.

Marauder or Zerker ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

The best is a mix of both. Full marauder unbalances your stats a bit. Partial marauder, however, is very efficient. Take just enough marauder to hit about 15k health before the wvw bonus. The dps loss is unnoticeable.

He said for PVE not WVW.

Marauder or Zerker ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

Its ok. thank you everyone for great answer

I think ill mix both.

Marauder or Zerker ?

in Elementalist

reikken.4961

He said for PVE not WVW.

Yes, I am quite able to read.

edit:
Perhaps you were unaware that the wvw bonus applies in open world PvE? Check your health next time you’re standing in town. You’ll find it’s higher than the base, by typically about 6-10%. unless you recently transferred servers.

(edited by reikken.4961)

Marauder or Zerker ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Head Kracker.4790

Head Kracker.4790

I use this for my wvw blob/siege needs. Admittedly if you do this in exotics you loose a bit of dmg and other stats but yeah I’ve had fun with this.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQFAWlUMgGHYhDwuBQwGDEAStOdZq5xoRhALA-TlCBQBKUFnso8QLKx8wDAAAXAgas/QCVJIP6AQjSQVpOQAgDAWe5lXe5lLFQFLjA-w

(edited by Head Kracker.4790)

Marauder or Zerker ?

in Elementalist

bearshaman.3421

He said for PVE not WVW.

Yes, I am quite able to read.

edit:
Perhaps you were unaware that the wvw bonus applies in open world PvE? Check your health next time you’re standing in town. You’ll find it’s higher than the base, by typically about 6-10%. unless you recently transferred servers.

Just tested that out. My health remains the same between the level 80 zones like Auric Basin and Rata Sum (the city I used). I’ve never transferred servers (FA since I started playing).

Edit: So what exactly is this WvW bonus you speak of? I haven’t played WvW (with the sole exception of running through to get the wolf pet for my ranger).

Marauder or Zerker ?

in Elementalist

reikken.4961

if you open the wvw scoreboard, there are a bunch of 0~10% bonuses for gathering, health, healing, etc. These typically apply to general PvE as well. I don’t believe they apply to raids, however.

Anyway, if you’re, say, a lv 80 elementalist with 0 vitality, you have 11645 health at base. If your server has an 8% health bonus from WvW, you instead will have 12576.

Marauder or Zerker ?

in Elementalist

bearshaman.3421

if you open the wvw scoreboard, there are a bunch of 0~10% bonuses for gathering, health, healing, etc. These typically apply to general PvE as well. I don’t believe they apply to raids, however.

Anyway, if you’re, say, a lv 80 elementalist with 0 vitality, you have 11645 health at base. If your server has an 8% health bonus from WvW, you instead will have 12576.

So you’re saying that the bonuses earned in WvW apply to PvE? For everyone, not just those who play WvW?

Edit: Just looked up stuff on the wiki, which I hadn’t done before because I haven’t played WvW. Now I feel bad for not doing it, because I feel like I’ve been getting the benefit of other people’s hard work.

(edited by bearshaman.3421)

Marauder or Zerker ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

PvE: Zerker
WvW: Celestial
PvP: Paladins (in my opinion)

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds