Massive buffs incoming?

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

It did say “with a focus on support builds,” not exclusively. I remain cautiously optimistic.

I hope they’ll support focus builds as well.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

It did say “with a focus on support builds,” not exclusively. I remain cautiously optimistic.

Nor was I claiming it was exclusive, it does however imply that the bulk of the elementalist problems will not be addressed.

You can be optimistic all you want but Arenanet tends to be very literal with stuff. And all you are doing is setting yourself up for disappointment.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

It was known since one month ago that the next patch would focus on improving support builds.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatypusRex.3428

PlatypusRex.3428

It was known since one month ago that the next patch would focus on improving support builds.

I think he meant, while yes, support builds, more specifically staff and conjures providing that support.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Lave axe will be a buff for full glass.

Phaatonn, London UK

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

DPS is only build comrade. The Proletariat need only the most efficient of traitings!
The only heals we need is of glorious party!
Tanking is for capitalist dawgs!
Comrade Zhukov says “ZerkZerg Comrades!” and thus we follow!

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatypusRex.3428

PlatypusRex.3428

Can we all build a windmill, comrade?

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Anet can do what they like to sPvP. But do not touch my wvw ele.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I’m personally not playing this conjure build (although I was testing it), but If you play conjure build, it’s a specialized build of course.

That was my point. I don’t agree with the ‘of course’. Why can’t you see the conjure as a ‘5 utilily skills in 1 slot’? Why must you ‘specialize’?

And to get back to the Ice Bow example, it gives the staff ele an extra nuke (skill 4) but they can also use skills 2 and 3 while they’re at it (which both reasonable damage and vulnerability and chill). They could also have taken Glyph of Storms, but with the bow, they essentially get the glyph (at 30 seconds cooldown instead of 48) and some other, potentially useful, skills.

Just drop it when you’re done and pickup the other 20 seconds later.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

I’m personally not playing this conjure build (although I was testing it), but If you play conjure build, it’s a specialized build of course.

That was my point. I don’t agree with the ‘of course’. Why can’t you see the conjure as a ‘5 utilily skills in 1 slot’? Why must you ‘specialize’?

And to get back to the Ice Bow example, it gives the staff ele an extra nuke (skill 4) but they can also use skills 2 and 3 while they’re at it (which both reasonable damage and vulnerability and chill). They could also have taken Glyph of Storms, but with the bow, they essentially get the glyph (at 30 seconds cooldown instead of 48) and some other, potentially useful, skills.

Just drop it when you’re done and pickup the other 20 seconds later.

Yes, if you meant using it really as an utility skill (not as a main source of dmg), youre right
But that is not called LH build anymore.
Also, there is quite a big difference between the storms created by the glyph and the Ice bow #4 (bow skill is more like tiny meteor shower – separate projectiles, while storm is a classic ticking AOE like lava font, while in earth also providing very good AOE blind )

#ELEtism 4ever

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

Yes, if you meant using it really as an utility skill (not as a main source of dmg), youre right
But that is not called LH build anymore.

Hehe, yeah, but that was my original point. I’d prefer conjures to be utility skills rather than full blown builds, and if you DO use them as a full blown build (I’m not against other people using them as such) then you shouldn’t worry about only having 5 skills because then it’s a choice.

Also, there is quite a big difference between the storms created by the glyph and the Ice bow #4 (bow skill is more like tiny meteor shower – separate projectiles, while storm is a classic ticking AOE like lava font, while in earth also providing very good AOE blind )

Agreed. It’d be silly if there were no advantage to taking the glyph of course. I mostly meant it as an example of how conjures could also be used. If you really wanted to nuke things are range, you could always take both. :-) Add a meteor shower to the mix, and a warrior as bait and you’d have mobkebab in notime.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

I was one of the first (and only) people to complain about the nerfs that started 3 months ago – people didn’t believe it, but 3 months on, I was right to be worried:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Prepare-for-serious-nerfs-next-week/first

Right now, it’s going to take a lot more than conjures and minor tweaks to get the elementalist back in fighting shape, especially for s/tPVP.

On the list of what is simply needed:

- Abilities usable in mistform again, cd reduction
- Stunbreak back on lightning flash
- Rework of glyphs and elementals
- Tornado made to be like necro elite with HP/toughness boost
- RTL nerf totally reverted
- ICDs on cleansing water and evasive arcana removed
- Significant buffs to staff reliability and front-loading (making lava font instant with a big first tick for example)
- Making investments in fire/earth traits to give much stronger results
- Major changes to traits in water/arcana lines to make more things baseline or at least more easily accessible

Ironically I think the only thing that doesn’t really need changes is conjures. I mean, who picked an ele to not use the attunements and abilities, and instead conjure up a weaker single-weapon warrior/ranger/whatever. Unless they make conjures more like engi kits, I don’t see the point.

(edited by xiv.7136)

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

….warrior as bait…

I like this idea, I really like it
/joke

About the ranged AOE nuke, it would be very nice if Ice bow and the glyph of storms have range of 1200, like the staff, for the ability to fully use the “ranged” potential.

#ELEtism 4ever

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

- Rework of glyphs and elementals

I don’t understand this one. Glyphs have been a staple in my builds for months, and they’ve only been improved. They’re essentially 4 skills in 1, more if you consider all the abilities the elemental summons have. Having a chance for snares or weakness on all your skills is awesome too.

What’s wrong with glyphs?

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: spalt.6938

spalt.6938

As far as I know, only Fire/Earth function like Lava Font. Air/Water function like Meteor Shower.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

- Abilities usable in mistform again, cd reduction
- Stunbreak back on lightning flash
- RTL nerf totally reverted
- ICDs on cleansing water and evasive arcana removed
- Significant buffs to staff reliability and front-loading (making lava font instant with a big first tick for example)

Ironically I think the only thing that doesn’t really need changes is conjures. I mean, who picked an ele to not use the attunements and abilities, and instead conjure up a weaker single-weapon warrior/ranger/whatever. Unless they make conjures more like engi kits, I don’t see the point.

I totally agree on these, those were the biggest hits to our class PvP ability (I remember when Lava font actually had the instant first tick like the necros abilities, that was really useful).
RTL nerf just destroyed our mobility, now maybe only mesmer is worse in this matter (but at least mesmer still have a stunbreak on his blink and even 10 secs shorter CD on that, WTF?)
Evasive arcana should have blast finisher not only on earth att, but at least in fire too, the internal CD seems wrong for me too, it should be halved at least I think.

#ELEtism 4ever

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

As far as I know, only Fire/Earth function like Lava Font. Air/Water function like Meteor Shower.

Well, when I’m thinking of this as you mentioned it, maybe you’re right, I rarely used the glyph in those attunements so I might miss that Thanks for pointing that out

I’ll test it as soon as I get home from work

#ELEtism 4ever

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

About the ranged AOE nuke, it would be very nice if Ice bow and the glyph of storms have range of 1200, like the staff, for the ability to fully use the “ranged” potential.

That would be nice yes, and help D/D a bit with their range issue too.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

spalt.6938

Well, when I’m thinking of this as you mentioned it, maybe you’re right, I rarely used the glyph in those attunements so I might miss that Thanks for pointing that out

I have actually been using GoS in Water attunement more often to apply a large amount of chill on a boss target rather than the nerfed ticking blind (few bosses that come to mind are Mossman, Archivist, Ice Ele/Dredge Machine in Underground Fractal, and the Captain in Ascalonian Fractal). That plus Frozen Ground + Earth Auto can apply a lot of Chilled on bosses that are annoying when they move around fast.

I’ve been experimenting with using Air Attunement GoS on bosses like Tequatl as all 36 lightning bolts should hit him but I’m not sure if it’s really worth losing another utility slot for it since each bolt does tiny damage.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

I have actually been using GoS in Water attunement more often to apply a large amount of chill on a boss target rather than the nerfed ticking blind (few bosses that come to mind are Mossman, Archivist, Ice Ele/Dredge Machine in Underground Fractal, and the Captain in Ascalonian Fractal). That plus Frozen Ground + Earth Auto can apply a lot of Chilled on bosses that are annoying when they move around fast.

Frost Bow also provides chill. ;-)

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

I’ve been experimenting with using Air Attunement GoS on bosses like Tequatl as all 36 lightning bolts should hit him but I’m not sure if it’s really worth losing another utility slot for it since each bolt does tiny damage.

Well, actually I’m not using this glyph at all lately, I returned to game about a month ago and I stopped played support staff build and went for the search of optimal build for me, due to the lot of changes during my inactivity, haven’t used this glyph since I returned, so that’s why I missed this fact

#ELEtism 4ever

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Came back this month after the while RTL nerf and am trying a FreshAir/Glyph hybrid build. It’s moderately successful, but every time I see a warrior, rogue, and ranger run away from me by doing what we used to be able to do with RTL I get too fustrated to play and log.

I would like to see:
- RTL reverted and an apology from ANet for being hypicrits.
- Scepter Fire 1, Fire 2, and Water 2 to be ~twice as fast as they are now.
- Lighting Flash’s cooldown reduced by 10 seconds to match Mesmers.
- Glyph of Storms to provide either Lighting, Ice, and Fire fields -or- the damage vastly increased.
- Glyph of Elemental Power duration increased by 10 seconds.
- Every weapon combination should provide TWO auras.
- Elementalists should be allowed to slot a secondary weapon set and be able to swap out of combat at will.
- Tornado should destroy projectiles
- Mist Form should actually do what it says and make you invulnerable to damage.
- Arcane Shield should have its cooldown reduced to by 15 seconds.
- Final Shielding should happen at 50% rather than 20% to be useful.
- Vital Striking should be above 75% rather than above 90% to be useful.
- Armor of Earth’s cooldown should be reduced by 30s to 60s.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

Every weapon combination except Scepter mainhand already has at least 2. D/D and D/F have 2 (3 if you include the leap finisher through fire fields) and Staff has 2 (Magnetic Aura and Frost Aura through the use of combos).

Unless you meant that they shouldn’t have more than 2, in which case I apologize for misunderstanding.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Taldren.7523

Every weapon combination except Scepter mainhand already has at least 2. D/D and D/F have 2 (3 if you include the leap finisher through fire fields) and Staff has 2 (Magnetic Aura and Frost Aura through the use of combos).

Unless you meant that they shouldn’t have more than 2, in which case I apologize for misunderstanding.

From last I checked, combo auras do not share via Powerful Aura. If that has been since fixed then I withdraw that suggestion. Else either Powerful Aura needs to be changed or weapons need to be updated with actual direct auras so that Zephyr’s boon isn’t pigeonholed into D/D.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

GoEP can hit one opponent only once every 5s. With 25% chance to trigger, that seems a bit inefficient to me.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

DPS is only build comrade. The Proletariat need only the most efficient of traitings!
The only heals we need is of glorious party!
Tanking is for capitalist dawgs!
Comrade Zhukov says “ZerkZerg Comrades!” and thus we follow!

Hahaha

Phaatonn, London UK

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

spalt.6938

Frost Bow also provides chill. ;-)

Yes, except Frost Bow requires me to be up close and personal for the Chill to be any good. If I could really afford to be that close to apply a snare, I probably wouldn’t need the snare to begin with.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

From last I checked, combo auras do not share via Powerful Aura. If that has been since fixed then I withdraw that suggestion.

In the case of blast finisher+ice field, it doesn’t matter because it’s AoE even without Powerful Aura.

GoEP can hit one opponent only once every 5s. With 25% chance to trigger, that seems a bit inefficient to me.

True, but it adds up. The cooldown is separate for each target you hit and between your auto attacks and your fields, you have quite a few chances to trigger it. When combined with the conditions from your weapons and/or those from the elemental summons, it works quite well.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyskythyn.6471

Kyskythyn.6471

Honestly, 15s was an entirely too low cd. The issue is not the lack of mobility for ele’s, it’s that other classes have too much.

- Scepter Fire 1, Fire 2, and Water 2 to be ~twice as fast as they are now.

Dragon’s tooth is ok for how hard it hits, but water 2 is next to useless.

Annoying, yes, but mesmer’s blink can’t crit for 4k. ^.-

- Elementalists should be allowed to slot a secondary weapon set and be able to swap out of combat at will.

You mean, like opening your inventory and weapon swapping? confused

Miss Kysie – S/F condi bunker ele
River of Tears – S/D glass ele
Solo and small group roamer

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

It’s tedious, removes virtually all your awareness of what’s going on around you because of the size of your character screen, can cause issue with unequipping and equipping when you have anything in bags, requires you to be out of combat and well removed to make any kind of switch (which in the meantime the battle situation could have changed, not that you’d know because your screen is in the way), is impossible to switch mid-battle to suite a situation, locks us into using the same rotations in an extended engagement ad nauseum because our “variety” is just having to hit more buttons to do the same thing, and creates the possibility of ending up unequipped or half equipped because you couldn’t see what was going on around you and have to be out of combat to make any changes.

Yea, it’s pretty much the same! confused

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

Yea, having a weapon swap for out of combat situations would make everything so much better!

THEN you could use some staff skills to properly buff your party before combat or something without having to hunt for your own weapons in the inventory screen or something.
OR you could run out of combat and then swap quickly to turn the battle in your favor (like having a S/F or D/D in the swap)…. It would definitely open new game situations not explored yet. Just to not be unfair they could do it with all classes, like a “second swap set”

What I could use is some Traits/Armor setup’s!! That’s something even better! So annoying to change all your trait slots just for cooping with your team. In fact, we could use some Templates like we had in Guild Wars 1 PvP, that would be great! Just a couple of clicks and BUM! Armor, weapons and everything set, ready to go, instead of getting ready to have fun…

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SmokinBuda.1398

SmokinBuda.1398

A buff to conjured weapons are the last elementalists need..we have 4 stances already,a fifth in form of conjured weapons will be lame and useless.
Higher hp-pool,some good elites choices,more reactive AoE damage,longer duration/bigger radius on geyser,a viable healbuild…and the class are sorted,staff-wise.

Snowblind the Elementalist of Cantankerous

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

Honestly, 15s was an entirely too low cd. The issue is not the lack of mobility for ele’s, it’s that other classes have too much.

About that RTL thing.
Read this: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swoop
And then think about what you wrote.

About the Lightning flash thing:

Yeah, it can crit for 4k, but Blink is still a stunbreaker, lightning flash is not anymore, I would take an ability to break stuns over 4k crit ANYTIME when it’s on this type of skill, and I’m seriously thinking that I’m not nearly the only one with the same opinion on this.

#ELEtism 4ever

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Taldren.7523

Warrior.GreatSword.WhirlwindAttack = 10
Warrior.GreatSword.Rush = 20
Warrior.Sword.SavageLeap = 8
Ranger.GreatSword.Swoop = 12

I could go on, but you should get the point by now. Eles can’t even catch a Ranger anymore … let alone a Warrior or Thief.

Dragon’s tooth is ok for how hard it hits, but water 2 is next to useless.

Hits hard compared to what? I can name at least 10 abilities that hit far harder that are cast much faster and FAR less telegraphed.

Mesmer’s blink breaks stun.

You have a bag full of stuff and try swapping while trying to keep up with other people and come back to me.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

Seeing as no elementalists were harmed in the making of the last competitive tournament in GW2…I think devs are going to rethink the class.

This is just my opinion, but that was probably the boldest statement the class could make. Not that there was just one…there was just none.

/rhyme

Yes at 15th october conjures are getting buffed everyone will be using them

and the healing spell geyser get incr radius and we get some kind of line of warding like guardian has

i mean they fixed ele this was our problem the whole time

More radius of geyser and line of warding and conjures bom we are fixed

lol +1

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Seeing as no elementalists were harmed in the making of the last competitive tournament in GW2…I think devs are going to rethink the class.

This is just my opinion, but that was probably the boldest statement the class could make. Not that there was just one…there was just none.

/rhyme

Yes at 15th october conjures are getting buffed everyone will be using them

and the healing spell geyser get incr radius and we get some kind of line of warding like guardian has

i mean they fixed ele this was our problem the whole time

More radius of geyser and line of warding and conjures bom we are fixed

lol +1

^this! xD

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Karazul.2934

Karazul.2934

Anet made GW2 PvE so that support is not viable in an efficient group. Thats why i dont understand buffing support builds, even though only bads use them…

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

^The only way for support to work in pve is if it’s a support that increases group dps.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Prepare for disappointment, unless they add something last minute for ele’s

Shocking Aura: Added the shocking aura buff to the skill fact.
Elemental Attunement: Normalized this trait so that each boon can apply up to 5 allies within a 240 radius.
Evasive Arcana: Normalized the radius of each spell created to 180.
Persisting Flames: The duration increase for fire fields is now consistent.
Burning Fire: This trait now lists the proper skill names in its description.
Written in Stone: Fixed an issue which caused Signet of Air to lose its effect partially though the skill’s recharge.
Glyph of Storms: This skill now properly displays the duration of each spell.
Geyser: Increased the base radius to 180. Increased the radius when equipped with the blasting staff trait to 240. Fixed a bug so that the water field radius would match the increased radius with the blasting staff trait.
Water Blast: Increased the healing stat scaling from 10% to 25%. Slightly decreased base heal at low levels but it will heal for same base at level 80.

The rest is random conjure weapon changes

(edited by xiv.7136)

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Taldren.7523

Elemental Attunement: Normalized this trait so that each boon can apply up to 5 allies within a 240 radius.
Written in Stone: Fixed an issue which caused Signet of Air to lose its effect partially though the skill’s recharge.
Geyser: Increased the base radius to 180. Increased the radius when equipped with the blasting staff trait to 240. Fixed a bug so that the water field radius would match the increased radius with the blasting staff trait.
Water Blast: Increased the healing stat scaling from 10% to 25%. Slightly decreased base heal at low levels but it will heal for same base at level 80.

Last minute as in a change in the last 2 months? Those notes are very, very old.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I bet you frost bow “buff” will end up being a nerf when they inevitably neglect to add more arrows/comets to the frost volley when they increase the radius. So you won’t be able to hit your target because all the arrows are too thinly spread.

They’re increasing the radius of the comets though, not the skill itself…. At least in the notes I read

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The change to Churning Earth isn’t listed there, which shows that more stuff could have been added since the notes were leaked.

Anyways, staff is going to have better support, conjures are going to be stronger, warrior’s pve damage trait is going to be moved a tier up, and assassin’s s/d boon stealing is going to be toned by half. All goods news to elementalists in pve and in pvp.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Anyways, staff is going to have better support, conjures are going to be stronger, warrior’s pve damage trait is going to be moved a tier up, and assassin’s s/d boon stealing is going to be toned by half. All goods news to elementalists in pve and in pvp.

except that:

• 20+ arcane still required for the class to be tolerable
  • 15+ water still required for any non-joke PVE build
  • around a third of traits are total garbage
  • signet build still kitten weak
  • glyph build still kitten weak
  • conjures still kitten clunky
  • focus lol

…and that conjure buffs won’t help because…

Conjures don’t get used cause they are badly designed: they feel really clunky to activate & use, the skills are generally underwhelming, the limited charges are annoying, conjure traits are terrible, and last but not least – they consume a precious utility slot.

The whole design of conjures has no redeeming feature that make them worthwhile- why give up 20 skills to gain 5? they should replace only the skills of their respective element, so you’re free to switch elements as you please. You know, the core class-defining mechanic…

same problems as day #1 of release.

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Taldren.7523

except that:

• focus lol

Conjures don’t get used cause they are badly designed: they feel really clunky to activate & use, the skills are generally underwhelming, the limited charges are annoying, conjure traits are terrible, and last but not least – they consume a precious utility slot.

The whole design of conjures has no redeeming feature that make them worthwhile- why give up 20 skills to gain 5? they should replace only the skills of their respective element, so you’re free to switch elements as you please. You know, the core class-defining mechanic…

Add to that…
- AoE is still a joke in BlobWars2
- Scepter is still slow as kitten.
- Too many skills make us stand still which is kittening bogus considering our armor and hitpoints.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

The change to Churning Earth isn’t listed there, which shows that more stuff could have been added since the notes were leaked.

Do you have the updated notes anywhere?

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

Neither of those are true, but you have to actually go out and use the builds rather than theorycraft why they suck all the time.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

except that:

• focus lol

^This guy gets it, shame that the devs think the class is still bizarrely overpowered.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

What if conjured weapons were entities that attacked on their own and followed you around a short while (but weren’t targetable/have hps/and can’t get aggro unlike normal pets/minions) while correspondingly giving you a buff of some sort. Like shield could give you vit/tough, hammer prec, etc.

In this way you wouldn’t lose your skills, and if you got into a situation that required a change in specialty, you could conjure your floating weapon and become more whatever.

The skills might even correspond to what number you push, so 1 auto attack, would also cause the conjured to auto attack. Or it could just do its own thing. I dunno. Obviously the numbers would need to be toned way down since you’d have your own skill damage on top of it. But that shouldn’t be too hard.

What do you think?

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

It’s best to use conjures for one or two skills and then dropped, rather than holding on to them. That way you’re just using it as a regular utility and it won’t lock out your skills.

Imo, one of the best things they could do to them is make them instant cast so you can do that to the fullest.

Massive buffs incoming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Neither of those are true, but you have to actually go out and use the builds rather than theorycraft why they suck all the time.

I do use a signet build, and YES, it is weak. But at least it is stronger than a Glyph build…

You really need to stop your annoying one man crusade against game balance.