Maximum Might: Runes and Sigil of Strength

in Elementalist

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

The amount of might you can get from running fresh air/persisting flames d/f with these new runes and sigils is ridiculous. With the new blast finisher on water dagger 3 + sigil of strength/battle you can very easily maintain perma fury and 25 might for yourself and 12-15 might for your party.

With lava font staff build swapping out a sigil of battle for sigil of force still results in around 15-18 might stacks consistently for yourself and around 50% uptime on fury for your party.

The reason why this works is because runes of strength give you 45% might duration now and sigil of strength now has a 60% chance to proc on crit with a 1 second ICD. The might from sigil of strength combined with runes of strength lasts a good 15 seconds. This might be overkill on might if you are running in a organized group that already stacks a lot of might but in pugs is quite good.

(edited by Piratoz.8627)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

It’s straight up overpowered. I replaced the Scholar Runes on my Zerker set with Strength Runes instead. I should have replaced the runes on my WvW set too while I had the chance, since they’ve doubled in price since I bought them. :/

in Elementalist

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

Yep, I bought alot of strenght runes pre patch, making all kinds of gains :P. Did not expect they would be this popular though. However if you think about it, how easy do you stick above 90% health or close to 25 stacks of might in dungeons or when trying to lv , explore or participate in open world events

In the organized groups I would definitely go with runes of the scholar. Actually, at current prices I dont think strenght runes are worth it anyway.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dexlmentia.7391

Dexlmentia.7391

What’s wrong with taking Pyromancer’s Puissance and keeping the scholar runes for PvE? I realize there are other ways to stack might, but PP seems like the “easy button” for might while maintaining ferocity despite the nerf to crits.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

DutchRiders: the thing is with strength runes and sigil it is extremely easy to stack high amounts of might; all you have to do is attack and have a relatively high crit chance. The 7% damage bonus from rune of strength only needs 1 stack of might to activate so it is essentially always up.

Dexlmentia: Pyromancer’s Puissance looks decent on a build where you camp fire a lot such as a staff dps build. However Persisting Flames increases the amount of time that lava font stays on the ground giving the possibility of having lava font up 100% of the time in addition to granting aoe fury when you blast finish a fire field. This results in Persisting Flames giving a higher dps for yourself and your party than Pyromancer’s Puissance. The best thing about sigil of strength + strength runes is it is essentially a better version of Pyromancer’s Puissance as long as you have decent crit chance and can be utilized in any attunement, not just fire.

In my opinion runes of strength are now superior for dps than scholar runes for a large array of situations. Scholar runes are still the best if you can maintain 90%+ hp for long periods of time and you are in a might stacking party such as scepter/LH ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders: the thing is with strength runes and sigil it is extremely easy to stack high amounts of might; all you have to do is attack and have a relatively high crit chance. The 7% damage bonus from rune of strength only needs 1 stack of might to activate so it is essentially always up.

Dexlmentia: Pyromancer’s Puissance looks decent on a build where you camp fire a lot such as a staff dps build. However Persisting Flames increases the amount of time that lava font stays on the ground giving the possibility of having lava font up 100% of the time in addition to granting aoe fury when you blast finish a fire field. This results in Persisting Flames giving a higher dps for yourself and your party than Pyromancer’s Puissance. The best thing about sigil of strength + strength runes is it is essentially a better version of Pyromancer’s Puissance as long as you have decent crit chance and can be utilized in any attunement, not just fire.

In my opinion runes of strength are now superior for dps than scholar runes for a large array of situations. Scholar runes are still the best if you can maintain 90%+ hp for long periods of time and you are in a might stacking party such as scepter/LH ele.

O don’t get me wrong, I definitely agree with you, I use strenght atm in open world content and in many other scenarios they are more convenient. However I wouldnt spend 40-50gold just to get a strenght set, when I can get a scholar set ( which is still superior in organized dungeon runs anyway) at like 20 gold. I fully agree that they provide an insane amount of might stacks and are amazing for most content, just did not think they would be this popular.

(edited by DutchRiders.2871)

in Elementalist

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Buy the runes now before supply runs out.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I’m really afraid they’re going to nerf them. This runeset is pretty much singlehandedly holding up ele at this point. Also I got 70 of them so would lose me money too.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I’m really afraid they’re going to nerf them. This runeset is pretty much singlehandedly holding up ele at this point. Also I got 70 of them so would lose me money too.

Only if they become a problem in sPvP if they do it would be to duration moving it to 30% total to bring it in line it still will out dps the other might runes. +60% w/ 30 arcana you would still stack high. Mights base is always high from blast finishers so more duration = more return. With 60% you would still be able to get 25 stacks and the 6 piece bonus is in line with other runes like flame legion.

So if they do it will be to make it 30% which would still give you enough to stack 25 easily + all that would mean is more people pick up sigil of strength.

When I think of balance the first thing I think of is how can players abuse or circumvent something in the system. There you go sigil of strength.

I don’t think they will but it is possible since when something is good it = OP. In many people eyes you can’t have good its either UP or OP no such thing as OK.

I seen people say things like “These are the most OP runes now” what does that even mean? The other runes aren’t as OP? Ugh I hate how OP is used today can’t figure out what the person is saying half the time.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Doesn’t ferocity downscale better now (talking about runes of the scholar)?

in Elementalist

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

While nice and all on ele, (I also run the strength runes on mine, love it) Think of the potential on other classes.

Wouldn’t a warrior with the strength sigil, forceful greatsword and phalanx strength pump out perma 25 might for anyone near him?

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Yeah strength + ele is really compensating for the damage loss with a downside….

Losing 45% fury/regen/protection is not something to ignore.

P.S. omg i didn t saw the sigil of strength ._. but i love air so much :|

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Yeah strength + ele is really compensating for the damage loss with a downside….

P.S. omg i didn t saw the sigil of strength ._. but i love air so much :|

I miss having 75% boon duration. Guess it’s time to switch back to full kitten burst.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Already did >.> only doubt i have is:
Sigil of air or sigil of strength?

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

This.

Too much to give up for something that wasnt hard to reach in the first place.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

I’ve been using runes of strenght since forever, but now it looks like playing a different class xD good ’cause when I bought the full set it was super cheap.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

This is so much fun and even works with d/d really nice. Feels OP compared to prior patch tho, so I bet it’s gonna be nerfed.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in Elementalist

Posted by: ShadowNinja.1238

ShadowNinja.1238

I run 0/20/0/20/30 you with rune of strength + sigil of strength + sigil of battle that’s basically all you need for 25 might.

in Elementalist

Posted by: purgatoryz.6038

purgatoryz.6038

I called the strength rune thing months ago. Good thing I picked up a few hundred for like 35s each.

PvE I wouldn’t use sigil of strength. Air/force/accuracy/dungeon specific sigil would all top strength I believe.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Air IMO scales straight from power according to wiki the base damage is 955 (1.1 scaling). I’ve seen 1600 damage from it before.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Air IMO scales straight from power according to wiki the base damage is 955 (1.1 scaling). I’ve seen 1600 damage from it before.

Agreed. I think Battle + Air would be better for bursty might stacking builds.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

I didn t max power does it work anyway?
This is the build:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vEEQJAoYhMM6c2zwwBdEBA9gLjCdIP8Q5ROzYDA-zUCBYfChEFAkIgJqFRjtypIasqaw6aYKXAqXKqBAQAYn7cn38m3sUAiKMC-w

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Posted by: qazqazqaz.2098

qazqazqaz.2098

Full zerker here (totally full, including jewelry) running ruby orbs at the moment. Should I swap to strength runes? How much crit damage and chance would I lose and how much would I gain?

Same question about sigils for Staff. Currently I run sigil of fire and some other useless sigil.

Thank you.