Message to that one tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

This morning I have fought a really skilled tempest in WvW. I dont remember what server they were from (or pairing I guess), however your rotations were spot on. I typically like to focus your class due to the AoE power you bring, and 99% I don’t lose, however you have proven your abilities as a tempest and I /bow to you good sir and/or madam.

Those auras, the projectile hate, the CC, the ranged air swap bursts were great. I thought I was in for another easy fight but you proved that wrong. My ele was my first class I played, and the one I used the most when I created 8 toons. When I finally found a rotation I liked and worked, it was nerfed. Same thing happened again so I hung up my ele. Hopefully I can figure out your build so I can run it and love my ele again

Signed,

SF Daredevil

PS. Lets have some bacon and be friends.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

If you are in t4 and were that thief I killed multiple times around north camp. Then that was probably me. Most thieves are not an issue with this build. Reapers are still scissor vs paper with this build. Was finishing you with comet into a air combo, gale into phoenix combo, or both just to lock you down when you were low.

Its an Scepter/Focus build: Air/Water/Tempest, celestial armor, runes of the trooper, marauder/berserker everything else. The utilities I was using were feel the burn, aftershock, and arcane missiles. With the arcane missile ammo change has made killing runners easier. Focus has cc/damage avoidance but less healing compared to other offhand, so its harder to recover when low. It has 3 reflects: overload earth, magnetic wave and aftershock. Magnetic wave can cleanse 3 conditions too, so use it for reflect or condition removal. Obsidian Flesh is the uh oh button so its best to have a heal ready after that or use it for stomps.

I swap back to scepter after air aa was buffed a bit. It does slightly less damage than dagger when fully charged. Instead of not being able to compare to dagger aa even when using multiple skills. At times I want more damage so I am considering changing my gear to marauders but with the xpac I should wait a bit.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Elementalist

Posted by: LaUzIQcIOwNz.4865

LaUzIQcIOwNz.4865

If you are in t4 and were that thief I killed multiple times around north camp. Then that was probably me. Most thieves are not an issue with this build. Reapers are still scissor vs paper with this build. Was finishing you with comet into a air combo, gale into phoenix combo, or both just to lock you down when you were low.

Its an Scepter/Focus build: Air/Water/Tempest, celestial armor, runes of the trooper, marauder/berserker everything else. The utilities I was using were feel the burn, aftershock, and arcane missiles. With the arcane missile ammo change has made killing runners easier. Focus has cc/damage avoidance but less healing compared to other offhand, so its harder to recover when low. It has 3 reflects: overload earth, magnetic wave and aftershock. Magnetic wave can cleanse 3 conditions too, so use it for reflect or condition removal. Obsidian Flesh is the uh oh button so its best to have a heal ready after that or use it for stomps.

I swap back to scepter after air aa was buffed a bit. It does slightly less damage than dagger when fully charged. Instead of not being able to compare to dagger aa even when using multiple skills. At times I want more damage so I am considering changing my gear to marauders but with the xpac I should wait a bit.

Hi, I’m curious about you taking water over earth when you don’t have any cantrip ?
Is it only for the condi cleanse ?

Salt Free Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

He gets about 2k heal on rotation back to water and1.8k heal regen with condi removal. He lose 1 condi everytime he regens, so if he using meta tempest that’s 1.5k heal on activation aura and vigor in addition. In theory stun thief d/p or with S/P should be tempest eventual with spammer rups if tempest is only using cele.

Minstrel ele’s do way less damage but are like tankeroos …. still thief should win. Unless your pure glass and not rupting key f number skills.

Attachments:

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Ulion.5476

Water is for an extra aura, some heals and condition removal. I could spec into earth and get protection/crit immunity but I would have even less healing and that is what focus builds lack. Focus already has some skills similiar to the cantrips. I have been using arcane missiles since the update but use to swap that slot for lightning flash/cleansing fire.

Dueled with a S/P thief in wvw for a bit it went 50/50 but I won the final match breaking the tie. Sometimes he could escape my burst, other times he would stop my heal. Dueled with my friend condition spec thief and it came down to if I hit his trap or not. It was the same scenario but I won more before he adapted to my playstyle. Headshots do get reflected, so its depends on the thief I am up against. In open world wvw most of the thieves I run into are very glassy. They can do alot of burst damage but can not survive any kind of damage without having to disengage. That is when I can kill them due to comet/gale combo or arcane missile.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Ulion.5476)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

That’s awesome! I am definitely taking some pointers on this. Ulion is the bomb. I was in a WvW guild with them for several years. Great player and have always been impressed by the skill and sportsmanship.

in Elementalist

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Your siggy tells me you are the one (TC). You were the only tempest I have had consistent issues with (tried to find a weakness, but I believe I dont really have a proper way to exploit it).

I really hope I catch you again sometime. Would love to duel you to better my teefing skill.

Also, thanks for the build/rotation. My ele hasn’t been used since I got tempest, and been sporadically looking for a good non meta build but none I liked so I appreciate it.

And again, /bow to you.

in Elementalist

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Also if you dont mind, maybe breaking down the traits/consumables for me? Also fro arcane missiles, you referring to Arcane blast or power?

(edited by Bigpapasmurf.5623)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

And no, Stun thieves surpass eles or tempest regardless. most of them run semi. You ask your TC counter parts I’ve killed. But if they trait to non stop stun tempest can’t win since your not core and you lack prot on demand and stun breakers through rotations. Than a gain no one comment on these pages much sigh.

Stun thief is not glass but can out put the same dps but 15% less on burst damage.

sigh*

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Ulion.5476

In wvw most of the thieves I have encounter do not use sword. Yea IF they spec that way that can lockdown me down at times. Its the same as me doing a point blank phoenix combo to delete an enemy it can happen.

The thieves I mostly encounter tend be at half health without me doing much to them. Not everyone in wvw uses the same gear like spvp. It just feels like their are more new players in wvw nowadays.

Yea its arcane blast. I just confused it was arcane missiles from wow since it a similar projectile effect. For consumable I use any I have at the time. I do not buy a specific type I just make sure I craft something useful: truffle steak, bowl of roasted lotus root, tin fruitcake or the damage reduction mussel foods.

All aura traits: air 1-3-2, water 1-2-1, tempest 3-2-3. I start fights in earth attunement for that earth-air combo and in case I need an immediate defense. Earth has 3 options for defense at the start of a fight, overload for stability/reflect/immob, magnetic wave for cleanse/reflect or obsidian flesh 3s immune. I have been using glyph of elemental harmony lately. Its the best solo heal and can give protection or regen if attuned correctly (try not to use it in fire/air).

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in Elementalist

Bigpapasmurf.5623

In wvw most of the thieves I have encounter do not use sword. Yea IF they spec that way that can lockdown me down at times. Its the same as me doing a point blank phoenix combo to delete an enemy it can happen.

The thieves I mostly encounter tend be at half health without me doing much to them. Not everyone in wvw uses the same gear like spvp. It just feels like their are more new players in wvw nowadays.

Yea its arcane blast. I just confused it was arcane missiles from wow since it a similar projectile effect. For consumable I use any I have at the time. I do not buy a specific type I just make sure I craft something useful: truffle steak, bowl of roasted lotus root, tin fruitcake or the damage reduction mussel foods.

All aura traits: air 1-3-2, water 1-2-1, tempest 3-2-3. I start fights in earth attunement for that earth-air combo and in case I need an immediate defense. Earth has 3 options for defense at the start of a fight, overload for stability/reflect/immob, magnetic wave for cleanse/reflect or obsidian flesh 3s immune. I have been using glyph of elemental harmony lately. Its the best solo heal and can give protection or regen if attuned correctly (try not to use it in fire/air).

Never thought about that heal…I like that you use non meta. Anything specific for elite (If I remember right, I think you has FGS?)

I think this is close to what you were running.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnUMAlMg9XCOYC8RglHAjYI8C2BuT2L7nVIAcA2gA-T1BEQBOU5n70DwG1f2oSQAcCAgwDAIJ7PQKA9UGB-w

(edited by Bigpapasmurf.5623)

in Elementalist

Ulion.5476

Yep and that is the only useful elite for roaming.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in Elementalist

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Thank you kindly good sir and/or madam.

I started running this build (some asc, some exo stats until I get my full asc) and I love it.

Still getting used to atunement swapping, however the survivability is really good, condi cleanses are great and mobility isn’t that bad. I’m not that good yet but I feel like I am getting there.

I still have much to re-discover about my ele/tempest but thank you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Redsky.7096

Redsky.7096

Hey
First of all ty for the build
I still have a question, why Tempest and not Arcanes? What are the pro/cons, and also which overloads do you use and how often ?
Also for the heal I never tried glyph, I usually run Ether renewal ( since I have superspeed on air swap, I usually manage to go away far enough to heal myself without getting interrupted), what do you think of this heal ?
Anyway I’ll try the glyph to see if it feels good on use

Ty in advance for your answers

PS : oh BTW I know this is not the right topic but I’m wondering which build I should be running for T4 fractals with non meta ppl ( I feel quite useless with the DPS-only build.. Is there some more ‘’boon sharing’’ builds that are efficient enough for high lvl fractal ?
If someone has experience in this content I’ll be glad to hear it

in Elementalist

Ulion.5476

Tempest is the elite spec it gives you excess to overloads and aura utilities. Overload do high amount of AE damage, so use it if the enemy is within range. The only overload I rarely use is fire because of its small radius and scepter is range. Overload air is the most common one I use for damage. Use overload earth to start a fight since it provide stability, cripple/immobilize your enemy or for the reflect aura. Use overload water if you have alot of condition on you or to heal. Try to run away when using water overload since overloads can be interrupted. It the cast time I have issues with because ether renewal can be cc and you have to use it proactively. Using that heal proactively is something I tend to forget at times.

Ele – Tarnished Coast