Meteor Shower?

Meteor Shower?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Hi All,

I’ve seen a few posts re: Meteor shower crushing mobs and then doing a Meteor + Tornado combination, can anyone explain how that works?

Cheers!

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Meteor Shower?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

Tornado gives you a massive boost in power and crit chance. also gives stability and can do some damage on its own. In the right circumstances, it works well.

If you have a build that provides a lot of power and critical damage, like valkyrie gear… you can build up some might stacks and bloodlust stacks and have over 5k power when you go into tornado.

So, get your stacks up, drop meteor shower, then hit tornado and just watch the crits. Make sure you let the meteor shower cast completely…don’t interrupt yourself or you lose a lot of meteors. Obviously this is only viable in certain situations, and has a long cooldown…so you’ll want a viable build with other sources of crit chance (like fury) and defense for in between the big bombs.

(edited by Fozzik.1742)

Meteor Shower?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Awesome thanks!

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Meteor Shower?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

It’s a 3-minute thing and that’s an awfully long cooldown for someting that enemies can simply walk away from.

The only time where meteor + tornado is truly worth it is in WvW if you’ve found the perfect cluster of enemies and just want to rain hell upon them.

Otherwise just regular meteor hits crazy enough with might + fury

Meteor Shower?

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Yeah, it’s a good way to use your elite in large-scale WvW, since you’re not likely to get close enough to use FGS and your elite elemental will do barely anything if it goes to the enemy zerg (and is unlikely to be able to hit anyone in a tower or keep anyway).

Tornado is a situational move as it is, usually used "properly" to decap a point in PvP or chuck a group away from your downed ally - make sure you cancel the skill at the end of your Meteor Shower if you want to keep laying down your other offensive AoEs!

Meteor Shower?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

1. remove target limit on MS
2. cast while moving.

Meteor Shower?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

Every time i log into the game, devs are hot fixing ele skills to Nerf them.

How on earth is meteor shower broken? are conditions not? are hides not?

I just feel like im getting booted in the face over and over by the people behind the scenes, PVP lost its funness when everyone started to run around GOD mode! HIDE CONIDTION HIDE CONIDTION. Nothing gets fixed for months, ele no red dot. massive panic must change now.

Don’t get me started on SPVP, gw2 twitter links me to SPVP tornements only sins and warrior fighting. they push so hard for ESPORTS. Wanna know how to make it ESPORTS? FIX GAME!

Meteor Shower?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Godric.3012

Godric.3012

Yay this is good news , i have been waiting for this (nerf) “bug” since August 28 2012.
But now could the devs please invent someting to get us cacs out of the red circles. A little nerf of the air buff that gives eles speed buff would be nice, (i hate running after them)

Ps: love what you do arenanet

Meteor Shower?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

Yay this is good news , i have been waiting for this (nerf) “bug” since August 28 2012.
But now could the devs please invent someting to get us cacs out of the red circles. A little nerf of the air buff that gives eles speed buff would be nice, (i hate running after them)

Ps: love what you do arenanet

i smell sarcasm

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Meteor Shower?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well meteor shower does too much damage in EotM. Weird thing is that when i go borderlands MS doesn’t do kitten.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Meteor Shower?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

Well meteor shower does too much damage in EotM. Weird thing is that when i go borderlands MS doesn’t do kitten.

we do much dmg but we dont have any real knocbkack/pull wich is to taken serious

check other classes, example warriors/mesmers /fear necros

they mass kill ppl w aoe knocks and fears etc

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Meteor Shower?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

IN BL zergs are organized. EOTM drew a lot of newbies with low level and gear, basically it’s a lootfest down there. SOOO MANY COTTON AND LINEN SCRAPS!

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~