Meteor Shower NEEDS a circle

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xunleashed.5271

Xunleashed.5271

and for your information this is what happens when ele casts a AOE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB6zdwc7iWY&list=UUM8NqxY8uiOsuc-JFj22SoA&feature=c4-overview

You made my day sir XD

ahahaah this happens to me too, one of the stupid things of this game… If only ANET “designers” play the game….

Xunleashed [BT] – Elementalist
WvW Videos Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/XunleashedGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

Meteor Shower has a horrible casttime, cooldown and an AOE cap. It does good damage, but that´s it.

Try to play against good guilds like RG or GD and you wont even hit one single meteor because their movement is close to perfect.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

So, it looks like Meteor Shower should have a red circle. Is there a chance that it is being culled out in the situations you experienced?

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

So, it looks like Meteor Shower should have a red circle. Is there a chance that it is being culled out in the situations you experienced?

Seriously? Have the guys you asked joined the game and tested it? This is most common thing in the game.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chiggerbite.6572

Chiggerbite.6572

I have never seen a red circle for meteor shower in any situation. If it’s culling, I’d think the graphics for a meteor shower would cull before the red circle would… and I typically see the graphics.

While you’re at it… Mesmers’ Feedback and Null Field have no red circles either. Null Field and Feedback have very visible animations (as does meteor shower), but you never know if it’s a friendly or enemy feedback/null field/meteor shower.

in Elementalist

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I have never seen a red circle for meteor shower in the ~ year that I have played the game. I don’t think it is culling since I’ve heard many many people say that they wish it had a red ring. Same for the other skills mentioned such as feedback, null field, etc.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Elementalist

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

I have never seen a red circle for meteor shower in any situation. If it’s culling, I’d think the graphics for a meteor shower would cull before the red circle would… and I typically see the graphics.

While you’re at it… Mesmers’ Feedback and Null Field have no red circles either. Null Field and Feedback have very visible animations (as does meteor shower), but you never know if it’s a friendly or enemy feedback/null field/meteor shower.

on the subject of mesmer skills: i think it’s by design. mesmers are all about tricking the enemy after all (or that was the original design, nowadays it’s more “blow everything up or go invisible” ).

on the subject of meteor shower: i have never, ever seen a red or white circle for meteor shower since BWE1. i can confidently say that they have never been a thing in GW2.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Elementalist

Posted by: Peter Buch.8071

Peter Buch.8071

Off Topic: I do seriously have to wonder. There are thousands of threads about giving the elementalist a god kitten needed buff since you overnerfed them again and again, especially at the wrong spots, again and again. You didn’t bother to answer any of them, neither constructive ones nor flame after getting heavily frustrated – with reason. Then there is one single thread about nerfing a strong elementalist skill, placed on a badly designed weapon that has its only use in wvw and partially in pve. That’s the one you gonna answer?
I call that biased.

On Topic: Giving Meteor Shower a red circle doesn’t exactly work. On the one hand side, it would just be too huge, so it would just probably cause several server problams and laggs. On the other hand side, giving every single meteor its own red circle – what logic would demand – there would be even more spam. Yet i would agree on making the skill more noticeable by giving it some kind of ground effect (burned earth for example).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

I do not believe so. I think it was treated the same as Feedback and Time Warp. They are all big skills with obvious tells. So I think the dev team figured it was enough. I personally am okay with no red circles because when I am actually under the assault of a meteor shower I know right away. Not many skills can cause that much damage that quickly.

If you are going to put in red circles, I would go with circles for the entire area of effect. Maybe you could use those big orange circles the new bosses have. Just do not touch anything mechanically about the skill. It does not need a nerf.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Ele has been called out specifically in the balance thread and live streams as needing love and getting it soon, not sure why they would go farther to pander to additional threads, they mostly ignore the class forums all-together. The poor ranger just gets to hear that “great things are coming”, with no specifics except more nerfs to spirits.

Also it isn’t biased, they just take the low hanging fruit… most of the “red” posters have a very small view of what is going on, and cannot give sweeping answers to wide ranging complaints and requests. At least they try to answer some threads…

(edited by Rennoko.5731)

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

And enemy/friendly mesmer portals and even exit entrance mesmer portals should be telegraphed.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

adding field to meteor would make it only viable in pve, more than 50% of eles would stop using staff

any half decent zerg w some brain gets out of a meteor circle, i mean , its gonna be the most obvious thing that its a meteor red circle since there isnt an aoe w sch a large field

adding red circle to it will now destroy it.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

To be consistent with the rest of the game design, yes maybe it should have a single large red circle. But there are other hostile abilities in the game that do not have red outlines (and much worse telegraphs…come on, meteor shower is one of the best telegraphed abilities in Gw2), and elementalist is currently on the lower end of the power spectrum in this game.

Edit: OP, you do make a very good point about the confusion over friendly fire. As a staff elementalist, it is annoying to be in a group fight vs another staff ele. I am sure there is alot of confusion for both sides about which meteor shower is allied and which is hostile.

So, either give friendly meteor shower a white circle, or go ahead and add red circle…

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

(edited by Celtus.8456)

in Elementalist

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Just like a red circle breaks every other AoE?

Seriously, stop complaining. I use staff exclusively on my ele in WvW and I’m not threatened in the slightest by red circles for MS. If staff is only MS for you then maybe you should find something else to do.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Elementalist

juno.1840

To be consistent with the rest of the game design, yes maybe it should have a single large red circle. But there are other hostile abilities in the game that do not have red outlines (and much worse telegraphs…come on, meteor shower is one of the best telegraphed abilities in Gw2), and elementalist is currently on the lower end of the power spectrum in this game. So, why now?

Edit: OP, you do make a very good point about the confusion over friendly fire. As a staff elementalist, it is annoying to be in a group fight vs another staff ele. I am sure there is alot of confusion for both sides about which meteor shower is allied and which is hostile.

Because some players are building full glass and abusing Tornado to pump up the damage of Meteor Shower in WvW (you can even find “look at me!” videos in this forum section on it).

Honestly if it comes down to a damage nerf, or little red circles, I’d go with the circles. Wouldn’t you?

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Elementalist

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

No, just no. Don’t give MS a circle, Right now the only reason why MS actually hits is because people do not see it coming. The cast time is huge and you are rooted during the cast.

If you do decide to give MS a circle then atleast give it some compensation such as a damage increase/radius increase on each seperate meteor. But right now the skill is fine as it is.

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

To be consistent with the rest of the game design, yes maybe it should have a single large red circle. But there are other hostile abilities in the game that do not have red outlines (and much worse telegraphs…come on, meteor shower is one of the best telegraphed abilities in Gw2), and elementalist is currently on the lower end of the power spectrum in this game. So, why now?

Because some players are building full glass and abusing Tornado to pump up the damage of Meteor Shower in WvW (you can even find “look at me!” videos in this forum section on it).

Honestly if it comes down to a damage nerf, or little red circles, I’d go with the circles. Wouldn’t you?

First, I think tornado/meteor shower combo does need a nerf. Buff tornado but remove the damage boost it gives to your existing aoe (seriously it is a very unreliable elite on its own…). But yes, as I later went back and posted, some form of circle would be appropriate for meteor shower.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in Elementalist

juno.1840

This is a great example of “test it before talking about it”. Nobody I know (including myself) has ever seen a red circle for meteor shower. Now the developers look like they don’t know their own game which doesn’t do them any favors.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

If you implement the red circle you should think about compensation as well.

Whether it’s only a bug or not doesn’t really matter, it’s a huge nerf for staff eles in WvW and further encourages people to join the melee train (which is already the majority of players). MS is one of the few skills which is decent against those warrior/guardian groups and that shouldn’t change.

By compensation I don’t mean something like 5% damage increase. More damage doesn’t help since MS won’t hit anyway. The compensation should help the ele to hit the targets reliably without making it overpowered.

Please keep that in mind before nerfing eles again.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Outlaw.3421

Outlaw.3421

I don’t even think Captain Ashym from the Urban Battlegrounds Fractal drops red circles when he does his meteor shower attack.

in Elementalist

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

nope, no circle(s).
nope, no culling.

guys, like.. shut up about how you think the devs suck cuz they dont know their game and whatever. just say no from 300 unique posters and move on without being too rude. youll just scare the devs away from talking to us.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aeden.5896

Aeden.5896

Oh God, now I wonder if the team also thinks the trebuchet cow shot shows a red ring (it doesn’t, but absolutely should).

Edit: What would be great is if meteor shower showed red circles for each meteor attack.

Attachments:

(edited by Aeden.5896)

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I want a target over my head that I can see when someone is aiming a killshot at me. Thanks in advance.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Lol the game designers don’t even know their own game smh.m

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

This is absurd. Staff Ele doesn’t need this type of bad addition. Take these type of suggestions against the perm broken stealth mechanic of thieves. Of course anything that is hurting their precious warrior will be arranged in favor of them quick.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

To be consistent with the rest of the game design, yes maybe it should have a single large red circle. But there are other hostile abilities in the game that do not have red outlines (and much worse telegraphs…come on, meteor shower is one of the best telegraphed abilities in Gw2), and elementalist is currently on the lower end of the power spectrum in this game.

So, either give friendly meteor shower a white circle, or go ahead and add red circle…

At least it is better than Comet which shows a red circle to yourself and allies …

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arcturus.8109

Arcturus.8109

Thats just hilarious. Playing pvp with ele is already suffering, but we still can have fun with showertornado in wvw! NO, EAT YOU CIRCLES. Still, we a decent class in pve! NO, HAVE YOUR CRITICAL DAMAGE NERFED.
Why not remove ele from the game already?

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

I want a target over my head that I can see when someone is aiming a killshot at me. Thanks in advance.

But that would be a nerf to warrior. Anet doesn’t take kindly to talk like that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

If you implement the red circle you should think about compensation as well.

Whether it’s only a bug or not doesn’t really matter, it’s a huge nerf for staff eles in WvW and further encourages people to join the melee train (which is already the majority of players). MS is one of the few skills which is decent against those warrior/guardian groups and that shouldn’t change.

By compensation I don’t mean something like 5% damage increase. More damage doesn’t help since MS won’t hit anyway. The compensation should help the ele to hit the targets reliably without making it overpowered.

Please keep that in mind before nerfing eles again.

Forget your ‘compensation’. Lol, good joke.

Just like how Grenade Barrage now puts down 7 red circles up to 3 seconds before the Grenades actually hit. Considering it is one of the hardest skills to fully hit with in the game, and there was no ‘compensation’ done for that, I think it’s pretty unlikely you’ll get a re-work to the hit rate of Meteor Shower.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Elementalist

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Ok everyone, it looks like this is actually a bug with the script. We will be implementing a fix for it, along with many other things to come. I realize some of you feel this bug fix will hurt Elementalists, but we will have a lot of great changes coming soon so you shouldn’t feel it too much.