Meteor nuffed or bugged ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: santa.1640

santa.1640

tooltip said that meteor has total 360 radius and each stone have 180 radius.

but…

this one is pre-spell 360 radius circle.

and this is real radius. maybe 420. wow!!!

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

I m not gonna pretend i know for sure :P
But if the radius of the skill is 360 that means that any meteors “center” can drop down to somewhere within this area. So if each meteor has his own area of effect around his dropping center then the actual area tht you can get damaged is a lot bigger than 360
Now if i were to put a ring to help people know when they are safe id put it taking into account the extended radius. If i were to put an aiming ring to help the ele at aiming it id consider only the area meteors can actually fall so id put the reduced radius .
These are pure assumptions though

in Elementalist

santa.1640

I m not gonna pretend i know for sure :P
But if the radius of the skill is 360 that means that any meteors “center” can drop down to somewhere within this area. So if each meteor has his own area of effect around his dropping center then the actual area tht you can get damaged is a lot bigger than 360
Now if i were to put a ring to help people know when they are safe id put it taking into account the extended radius. If i were to put an aiming ring to help the ele at aiming it id consider only the area meteors can actually fall so id put the reduced radius .
These are pure assumptions though

the important thing is that we cant make no more and focus dmg for dps.

you can feel soon in pve, pvp both. so someone said nowdays are elephocalyse whatever,

so i have to say that yes ele is doomed. no more future.

(edited by santa.1640)

in Elementalist

santa.1640

tooltip said that meteor has total 360 radius and each stone have 180 radius.

but…

more visible comparison

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Uberkafros.5431

Uberkafros.5431

Mathematically if the circle that the original meteors fall has a radius of 360 and a a single meteor blast has a radius of 180 when it lands, when and if said meteor lands at the very end of the 360 circle have of the 180 blast (90) will be inside the original circle and the other half outside.
Given that this can happen on all sides of the 360 circle the true radius potential would be 90+360+90=520 radius.
Emphasis on potential radius since the meteor stones fall in random place within the circle of the skill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azingly.2064

Azingly.2064

Mathematically if the circle that the original meteors fall has a radius of 360 and a a single meteor blast has a radius of 180 when it lands, when and if said meteor lands at the very end of the 360 circle have of the 180 blast (90) will be inside the original circle and the other half outside.
Given that this can happen on all sides of the 360 circle the true diameter potential would be 90+360+90=540
Emphasis on potential radius since the meteor stones fall in random place within the circle of the skill.

A)Fixed
Or
b)My maths sucks.
Radius potential would be 360/2 + 90 = 270

Bluchairshorthair – Elementalist
Mild addiction to arcana tree ~

(edited by Azingly.2064)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leybi.1405

Leybi.1405

You have the blasting staff trait which makes every staff aoe 20% larger. The aoe damage radius of single meteors remains unchanged afaik.

360 + 20% = 432.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azingly.2064

Azingly.2064

Bringing the maths into videogames! Yeaaaa ;D

Bluchairshorthair – Elementalist
Mild addiction to arcana tree ~

in Elementalist

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

I have no idea what the problem is supposed to be here.

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Uberkafros nailed it, they damage circle is 360+180 as a meteor can land centered at the edge of the circle and do damage to potentially this range. This was added so enemies know if they stand outside this circle they will definitely take no damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Yeah, that’s almost definitely the 360 radius + the 180 radius, giving it a 540 radius (1080 diameter) marker ring.

To test better you might want to look at where the meteors fall - you shouldn’t see any landing with their center outside the range indicator.
You can do this by casting the skill somewhere, and while it’s channeling hitting 5 again to bring up the AoE indicator where you cast it. Watch the storm - no meteors will fall outside the green ring.
Another way to check is to turn off Blasting Staff, and watch the AoE circle shrink while your target indicator doesn’t.
___
EDIT: okay so I just did those tests - AoE circle is always the same size. Possibly the Blasting Staff AoE circle is bugged and not displaying the actual effect? Testing this now!

(edited by cheese.4739)