Missing the feel of GW1 Eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I’ve played the game since beta, but just recently decided to give the ele prof a serious try…

and so far it’s a blast. I really should have rolled an ele a long time ago.

However, there’s two areas where I wish GW2 eles were more like GW1 eles:

- Echo/Glyph of Renewal Meteor Storm. The giant nuking of Meteor Storm is awesome and the feel of the spell has carried over well. However, I really miss the ability to double cast or instant cast the spell with a cooldown like you could do in GW1.

- Air spiking. Eles seem to have some pretty awesome spiking abilities, but I also really miss the big single target air spiking that you could do with eles in GW1 when chaining spells like Lightning Orb.

Any other GW1 vets miss this type of stuff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I miss the playstyle from some builds, like Searing Flames, Mind Shock and Mind Blast.

EDIT
To expand on what I said,

Mind Shock builds (PvP) were very fun because of the high risk/ high reward ratio for the elite, and because your role was more of a spike assist. So you had to time MS carefully, using it too often could hurt your energy management really bad, and you had to observe the battlefield and find the best situation to start/ assist a spike.

Mind Blast was a comfortable build, with the skill dealing low damage, but fueling epic non-elite skills like rodgort’s or the mesmer’s defensive stance/ mantra.

Searing Flames was that kind of skill that you want to spam, but you need to build around its effectiveness and heavy energy cost. So you had to bring energy management skills along you, and perhaps more efficient sources of burning to make SF a beast.

The most interesting thing about all those elites, is that they had really low cooldowns that instead depended on good build synergy.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dragonic Elemental.2674

Dragonic Elemental.2674

I miss the huge armor from Kinetic Armor. (as you may know from these forums, ele survivability blah blah). That, coupled with more attunements and mystic regeneration allowed me to tank EVERYTHING, which you can not do as an ele in GW2.

For the most part though, the ele in gw2 is much much better. I always wanted to use Master of Magic, but it never got me viable builds. Now I’m finally an elementalist with control over all of the elements at once!

May the Six watch over us. And come back to Tyria soon.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Yeah, that Searing Flames build was a beast. Open with Rodgort’s, then follow through with Searing Flames and Liquid Flames and you could down everyone in a 8 man blob except for a ranger.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Honestly I enjoy my GW2 ele a lot more than my GW1 ele. I’ve got a lot more versatility and I’m no longer stuck in a single attunement (Master of Magic didn’t work, I tried.)

My staff ele can do now what would take my GW1 ele three or four separate builds to do properly. I do miss Arcane Echo though, that was a staple for us.