Mist Form - exploit or intended?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arallion.9471

Arallion.9471

I found out, you can finish off enemy players, or resurrect your mates while being invincible for a few seconds.
Press F next to the player to begin ress/finish,, and after that activate Mist Form. Result: You’ll be totally immune to everything in the 3 seconds, and u continue finishing off or reviving in this time, it doesn’t stop.
Exploit or intended?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Intended, same as thieves can use their stealth while doing it.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aries.5182

Aries.5182

Few other classes can do this.
It’s intended and if it wasn’t in place, I wouldn’t be playing ele. Mist form stomp in a group fight is one of the most valuable things we can do.

in Elementalist

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Its intended. I always thought it was because we dont have a downed, that at least we could stomp others a bit better. But nah there are plenty of classes which can do this with a far shorter cooldown.

You can stealth, and my engi gets a stability/stealth as well as a mist form from the same spell, that can be used seperatly with both having half the cooldown. So like 4x the stomping power as well as a self res lol.

Also mist form trait reduce cooldown is bugged.
Our stomping is not overpowered in the least. But it is by far the coolest. Dont mess with it! Hey and guess what, quickness works too.

(edited by GankSinatra.2653)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

its diffinately an exploit. your not able to do any action while in mistform, the only way you can do this is if you use mistform while performing the action becouse it doesnt break it (bad programming), if it was intended you would be able to start the action while you where in mistform

in Elementalist

Posted by: WSQ.5674

WSQ.5674

its diffinately an exploit. your not able to do any action while in mistform, the only way you can do this is if you use mistform while performing the action becouse it doesnt break it (bad programming), if it was intended you would be able to start the action while you where in mistform

@Erebus, guess you need to re-read, you can do anything binded to F key in mist form.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dynamite.6584

Dynamite.6584

Erebus.7568

Who says you can’t “do any action while in most form”?
The only thing you can’t do is use your weapon skills and take direct damage. You can do literally everything else.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rekina.6078

rekina.6078

Are you kitten We can even heal or use elite skills while in a mist form.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Furby.5693

Furby.5693

Just pretend that Erebus doesn’t say anything and continue. Try not to let his attempts to derail the conversation into “Ele is bad vs ele isn’t bad” again. Stick to the topic and people will be pleasant

On topic—I’m glad I can use some abilities while in mist form. If I couldn’t —it would be a bit awkward. Other classes have invulnerabilites that they can do things at the same time. I suspect it’s intended.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DreadShinobi.4751

DreadShinobi.4751

On the flip side, it’s extremely rare that I actually see elementalists do this (or maybe that’s just because I kill other Ele’s fast enough that they don’t get the opportunity to do so).

But hey, if they want to use one of their long recharging valuable defensive cooldowns to ensure a fast stomp, I really don’t see a problem. It’s not much different than thieves using stealth to stomp (which can happen ALOT more due to shorter cd), or quickness buffed stomps.

Kiiban -lvl 80 Elementalist
Sacaen -lvl 80 Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

Thats wierd.. I have tried stomping several times in mist form and it hasn’t let me. But I havent tried to initiate the stomp before mistform. Are you guys sure you can initiate the stomp while already in mistform?

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

in Elementalist

Posted by: WSQ.5674

WSQ.5674

@Rhoto, you can jump, you can dodge, and you can even pick up mob drops or opening a chest while in mist form.

Why can’t you stomp? Have you really try it?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

@Rhoto, you can jump, you can dodge, and you can even pick up mob drops or opening a chest while in mist form.

Why can’t you stomp? Have you really try it?

Yep, you can’t once you are in Mist Form.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arcane.4950

Arcane.4950

Intended mechanic, has been this way since the start.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

If you want to talk about the real bug with Mist, I cannot jump off a mile high cliff and survive. I still take damage from falling in Mist form!

in Elementalist

Posted by: LittleZoe.4970

LittleZoe.4970

You can even bypass pushing effects, like the winds on Goemm’s Lab jumping puzzle. Making the windy parts horribly easy as the wind won’t affect you.

Zoe Clawstorm – Norn Necromancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Berial.4860

Berial.4860

If you want to talk about the real bug with Mist, I cannot jump off a mile high cliff and survive. I still take damage from falling in Mist form!

I can confirm that I take falling damage while in mist form.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LittleZoe.4970

LittleZoe.4970

I can confirm that I take falling damage while in mist form.

You take falling damage under any kind of invulnerable effects. It would make sense not to take damage, but then they would be exploited in WuWuW or SPvP…

Zoe Clawstorm – Norn Necromancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

You can also switch to air while stomping, which does an instant lightning strike and stops downed 4.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pluckerpluck.8692

Pluckerpluck.8692

Whether or not you’re meant to be able to stomp in mistform there may still be a bug.

Don’t you think you should be able to initiate the stomp while in mistform?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

GankSinatra, don’t assume everyone has 15 in Air. Especially since some of our most viable builds are very defensive in nature and focused on Water/Arcane.

So no, attuning to Air does not always do an instant Lightning Strike.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Budg.3064

Budg.3064

If a skill is instant cast with no channel, it can be done during a channel. It’s like this for all classes, on my mesmer I can activate signets or switch targets and throw a feedback bubble while maintaining a confusing images channel from a scepter. Reviving someone is one long channel really, makes sense that you can do other things too. Just because your reviving an ally does’nt mean you cant turn the camera towards the enemy and still fling a few abilites at them. It’s the same principle behind using lightning flash during a churning earth charge-up.