Mist Form post April 30

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Obie.3268

Obie.3268

This is largely for those of you stuck at work and want to know.

Heals in the process of being activated or in progress will be ended the moment you enter Mist Form, so those of you who thought that you can just Ether Renewal or use any other heal before popping into Mist Form will have to figure something out.

This will hurt a lot in PVE. I’m surprised the community is more outraged at the rtl changes when something as broad and sweeping as Mist Form changes that hurts every single build out there isn’t being regarded with more critically.

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Araito.5869

Araito.5869

Darn I thought they might have overlooked this…

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

It isn’t that it’s not being regarded more critically, it’s that almost every invulnerability state (save Endure Pain and Blurred Frenzy) are being evened out. The engineer/guardian/elementalist invulnerable states are now all evened out and you can’t use any skills or such while in them.

While this nerf will hurt us, since all classes are being treated similarly (mostly) it is a bit easier to swallow. Will this hurt? Sure. Does it suck? Sure. Is this something that can be worked around relatively easily? Yes. However it does truly hurt since in WvW with all the large zergs healing while invulnerable was clutch at many times in those big clashes.

The RTL nerf however makes all out of combat movement disappear as well as completely erase a role in WvW (roaming) leaving the only role an elementalist to fill as zerg fodder with a staff.

I don’t know if necro’s have such a state so I did not include them in my answer.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Big Fat Doba.1267

Big Fat Doba.1267

Kick in the balls for PVE but okay. Totally replacing Mist Form. Sounds like trash now.

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

Sure it is. Already changed it. Arcane Shield works better than this crap now.

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They took a cool skill and made it crap disregarding our playing style and habits.

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Just take arcane shield. The devs don’t know what thier doing.

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Good luck using arcane shield vs a zerg.

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

It isn’t that it’s not being regarded more critically, it’s that almost every invulnerability state (save Endure Pain and Blurred Frenzy) are being evened out.

Hi! Oh…. I thought you’re calling for Distortion?

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

useless now, removed from hotbar

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

The point is that if you played the ele with balanced stats (staff or d/d), you pretty much relied on Mist form or healing in any zerg battle (I do), else your dead in 2 hits.

Also against a thief: your hit from an invisible source and lose 66% of your health – Mistform-heal, counter.

Now the ele is kitten against stealth thief even more, and useless in zerg battles unless hiding behind everyone else. They really kittened it up good.

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Macondo.4827

Macondo.4827

+1

mist form worthless, im gonna changed my traits and and remove that skill from the bar.
since they nerfed it i think Prayer of kormir should be a cantrip now.

Alicia Kingsleigh – Blackgate.
PRX – MoAR – PEW

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Calae.1738

That needed to be nerfed.

Even I was doing that. Running into a zerg, aoe, mist form out and heal. The main idea was to have an “oh crap” button and be able to heal while invulnerable. Arcane shield now provides this.

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

Arcane shield is gone in less than 1 sec in a zerg battle and next thing your immobilized and dead.

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

Even I was doing that. Running into a zerg, aoe, mist form out and heal. The main idea was to have an “oh crap” button and be able to heal while invulnerable. Arcane shield now provides this.

Mate… Arcane Shield blocks THREE attacks.

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Calae.1738

Mate… Arcane Shield blocks THREE attacks.

Blocking more means you’re getting pummeled by multiple targets. This promotes bad play. Run into zerg, lay down aoe, mist form, heal. No other class can do this. No class should be able to do this. It’s bad design.

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

It isn’t that it’s not being regarded more critically, it’s that almost every invulnerability state (save Endure Pain and Blurred Frenzy) are being evened out. The engineer/guardian/elementalist invulnerable states are now all evened out and you can’t use any skills or such while in them.

Endure Pain isn’t an invulnerable state and you can use heals when you use it. Same for Ranger Sig of Stone. Blurred Frenzy is a channel, you never could use anything during it otherwise you interrupt the channel. I don’t believe Distortion stops you from using skills either.

The thing is, invulnerable states (not sure about Engineer) are not all treated equally…for instance, you can (at least I hope you still can) use skills while in Obsidian Flesh which is a better invulnerable state than Mist Form ever was…

I’m having a hard time thinking of uses for this skill except using it to skip crap in dungeons or run through a zerg. That’s hardly worth keeping in a utility slot beyond that.

I’ll probably just use Arcane Shield instead which was more or less a stand-in for Mist Form when I happened to have arcane-heavy traits to take advantage of.

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I’m usually a semi-supporter of dev changes, but this one just baffles me. It’s basically a self-stun stun-breaker. Sure, the enemy isn’t pummeling you while you’re stunned, but you’re effectively dazed since you can’t even perform your own spells.

If they want to keep this functionality for Mist Form, several changes I’d suggest:
-Either give it functionality like a transform. Give it some skills you can use while in it besides moving.
-Or make it a toggle with a longer duration. You can stick into mist form for a while (like up to 8sec maybe) but you can also drop out of mist when you need to.

In any case, just remove the stun-breaker aspect from this. Put the stun-breaker into something I can actually use effectively in combat.

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Removed from skill bar. Throw my daggers and focus into mystic toilet.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

So, any confirmation on whether this has any impact on mistform+stomp?

that’s the one mistform interaction that actually needed to be nerfed, imho

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: ChaosTerragoth.4738

ChaosTerragoth.4738

Personally i was ok with most of the changes, even this mist-form change would have been ok if we didn’t have like 60% of the hp of most classes

My problem here is the fact that they’ve nerfed ele’s AGAIN, without providing us a reasonable alternative for playstyle. It seems every ele I run into plays bunker in pvp (which wasn’t that OP to begin with, I have 3 chars I play as main and they all slaughter bunkers…including my non-bunker ele).

The bugs in RTL will hopefully get hotfixed later as I hear it goes on full cooldown on evade or block which is NOT what they promised. I’m ok with them removing it as an escape skill, but it shouldn’t go on full cooldown if you have a target selected when you begin. This mistform nerf would be more reasonable if they applied the changes to ALL OTHER invulnerable states in the game (as far as I know distortion, endure pain, etc don’t stop you from healing).

Guess I will stick to my tanky condition build, as that seems to have at least gotten a small boost from this patch (though it looks like I will be dropping my offhand dagger in favor focus more often now).

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead.
Do not walk before me, for I may not follow.
Don’t walk next to me either, just go the heck away…

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

Welp, I honestly don’t see the point of taking Mist Form anymore – the equivalent of a 3 second block during which I can’t do anything is simply not worth a utility slot.

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

never used mistform anyways :p

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

I’m not talking about a drive by(as if ele even have the tools to singlehandedly infiltrate a zerg the way you are describing..), I’m talking about fighting in a group v group battle at all and attempting to use any one of our super telegraphed skills without getting spotted and focused down.

If I could suggest a future patch fix the cooldown needs to be brought down to bring it more in line with warrior shield 5(30sec cd/same duration+limitations) and the stunbreak can be moved to air signet since stun breaks are supposed to be insta-cast skills that don’t get in the way of other skills.

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

The only thing that could compensate for these nerf would be to give us a weapon swap ability. What they’ve done is mostly remove features of the game, it’s not balancing in my opinion. It’s extremely short sighted. The impact of this will be that many eles are just going change their build and boost healing vitality and toughness to compensate for the removal of mistform-healing in a zerg battle.

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Endure Pain isn’t an invulnerable state and you can use heals when you use it. Same for Ranger Sig of Stone. Blurred Frenzy is a channel, you never could use anything during it otherwise you interrupt the channel. I don’t believe Distortion stops you from using skills either.

The thing is, invulnerable states (not sure about Engineer) are not all treated equally…for instance, you can (at least I hope you still can) use skills while in Obsidian Flesh which is a better invulnerable state than Mist Form ever was…

I’m having a hard time thinking of uses for this skill except using it to skip crap in dungeons or run through a zerg. That’s hardly worth keeping in a utility slot beyond that.

I’ll probably just use Arcane Shield instead which was more or less a stand-in for Mist Form when I happened to have arcane-heavy traits to take advantage of.

Yes, well I apparently meant Distortion. I don’t play a mesmer, so I’m not 100% sure on the name, but it seems Raestloz.7134 meant to correct me.

And yes, Endure pain is a form of invulnerability (save conditions) and I did say that it isn’t being treated the same as Elixir S or Mistform or Renewed Focus. I specifically stated that it isn’t along with the Mesmer invulnerability, which is Distortion and not Blurred frenzy.

The ranger/mesmer/warrior states of invulnerability (whatever they may be) are NOT being treated like Elixir S and Mistform and Renewed focus (though they all mostly do the same as these forms do save Endure Pain as you can still apply conditions).

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Mist Form post April 30

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

Good news is my warrior is lvl 39 already!