More ele nerfs( glad I quitted this class)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4uojtr/skillbalance_changes_started_showing_up_in_the_api/

Told ya already in the past..the GW2 elementalist is a sinking ship..and you still in time to abandon it, this is purely a PvE class with some healbot role in Pvp if that’s your cup of tea, by all mean..keep playing it, about me, I’m happy about my change, should have done it sooner

P.S Wish I could get an ingame refund on my legendary ( warhorn/focus) as they’re useless on other classes mostly

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

I still play it because I like the style of the class, but hate with a passion Tempest and the fact core ele is a shadow of its former self.

But I digress…. as for the patch, I expected nothing and am still disappointed.

ANET can keep doing what they do, I stopped buying gems since HoT for a good reason and I see no reason to going back to buying any gems

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lethal.7641

Lethal.7641

One nerf (still unconfirmed and untested, mind) and the class is immediately a “sinking ship” and everyone should just ditch it? Fail to see your logic here.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

OMG no shatterstone buff?????

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

It got nerfed in PVE (CD reductions) and more nerf to baseline Tempest (Wash Away the Pain).

They nerfed what non-meta Tempests use instead of nerfing what meta tempests use. If they wanted to nerf meta tempests, they should have nerfed outgoing healing instead of nerfing anything related to self-sustain. Ele/Tempests are kitten without healing power and they’re making it worse. Please stop pidgeonholing us to bunker builds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

“Removed the Cleric’s Amulet”

GG, ele is no longer welcome in pvp. Class is 100% unviable without both toughness and healing power, due to the defensive mechanics (just tank + heal) being so terrible. 15s less CD on arcane shield doesn’t fix it.

Enter the next 1 year dark age for eles.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

But look on the bright side, elementalist sustain took a hard hit because of the terrible Tempest elite spec and the huge harm it did and we have no other new play style opened up to give variety.

Next patch maybe elementalist gets deleted and we stop looking into this dying class or we have an elite spec for another class that brings a similar play style of the elementalist and we can finally let go of Ele.

Either way our sinking ship just got a new hole and we are running out of buckets.

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

“Removed the Cleric’s Amulet”

GG, ele is no longer welcome in pvp. Class is 100% unviable without both toughness and healing power, due to the defensive mechanics (just tank + heal) being so terrible. 15s less CD on arcane shield doesn’t fix it.

Enter the next 1 year dark age for eles.

We are already dark ages like for 6 months.

It is carbon copy of the situation 2 years ago before the Cele Amulet.

We are rock bottom at PVP what we got more nerfs, yeah good riddance.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I assume you ‘quitted’ on spelling too?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Tornado (with lightning rod) and Glyph of Elemental Harmony is the only things we got now.

With their changes, they managed to butchet all the Damage Tempest builds, along with the Cleric builds.

No Fresh Air Tempest (Geomancer’s training and Air Overload nerf)

No more Air Water Tempest damage/support through Wash the Pain Away base heal nerfs, Elemental Bastion base nerfs, Aquamancer cooldown nerfs (rest in pieces healing rain).

Only thing left is a former shell of a dps tempest build -without- party support through Bastion and Wash the Pain Away. (Replaced with Glyph of Elemental Harmony)

Air Overload nerfs without Earth or Fire Overload compensations in damage. That’s a call for me to not come back to the game.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Yeah, it’s really shocking that they cut both support AND offense. What the hell kinda role is Ele/Tempest supposed to play in PvP then exactly?

Well with all that mobility, it makes a great roamer….Oh wait……

Well with all of those heals and lots of soft mitigation, it makes a great bunker….oh wait

Well with all of that hard mitigation, it can really make up for its squishy body!! Oh wait…

Seriously, eles strenghts are: lots of boons (esp. prot), lots of healing (requires investment in healing power), lots of cleanses, and good aoe damage.

Eles weakness has always been surviving. With the removal of the last toughess/healing power amulet, ele can no longer survive as a bruiser or bunker, so those roles are not an option.

That leaves roaming dps. With a complete lack of mobility, lack of hard mitigation, and heavy susceptibility to burst, this role is beyond the class.

There is nothing left but to be a really bad burst build with fresh air that just gets kitten on when anybody looks your way, esp. mesmers (if they can play burst again), thieves, and revs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

for me the only way to play an offensive scepter build is with focus earth. While it was propably to much on the healbot the CD nerf hits my damage build double hard by nerfing rock barriers cooldown and the classic magnetic wave + obsidian flesh. And on top air OL gets nerved too … But hey the arcane CD bug is fixed ….
Ah and i use offensive stats with no healing power which means healing got nerved 33% …

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheFantasticGuy.7206

TheFantasticGuy.7206

But look on the bright side, elementalist sustain took a hard hit because of the terrible Tempest elite spec and the huge harm it did and we have no other new play style opened up to give variety.

Next patch maybe elementalist gets deleted and we stop looking into this dying class or we have an elite spec for another class that brings a similar play style of the elementalist and we can finally let go of Ele.

Either way our sinking ship just got a new hole and we are running out of buckets.

Man, they’d delete Ranger before they delete Ele. You forget the years of bad patch notes for Ranger. I literally dreaded patch notes days for the last 3 years because I know the nerf bat was going to be swinging dead-aimed at the Ranger… I’d say only about 3 times was I pleasantly surprised the nerf bat mistakenly hit another class instead of Ranger.