Move more to Celestial or go Zerk?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Durrik.4679

Durrik.4679

Q:

I’ve been running a modified Celestial/Staff build for a while now, and since the patch I haven’t really been having as much fun with it anymore. I’m from a low pop server (Kaineng), and the modified build was perfect for low pop PvE, able to do some damage, able to keep people alive, and fill in for condition damage when needed. But with Megaserver it really isn’t working out too well, staff is too slow to tag a mob hard enough and fast enough to get credit for it half the time. So I’m thinking of changing the build, I’m fairly mobile and pretty good at dodging so I’ve been considering a Zerk build. But the Zerk crowd kind of kittenes me off, the ‘zerk or go home crowd’ that harasses players till they leave. But if I can’t get the DPS higher to do enough damage to a mob I may have to go that way.

My current build

I do have some ascended berserker accessories on another character. 1 amulet, and 1 accessory. I haven’t picked up any zerker rings on fotm, but I do have one infused celestial ring in the bank.

So what do people think? Should I move more towards a full celestial build, changing the traits and such, or go with a full zerker build? And which builds would people suggest? I haven’t really found any outlined celestial builds since the patch so I’m not sure what I should go with. I’ve been thinking D/F or S/F, and hoping the casting time helps get enough hits on a mob in PvE to get credit for it.

I mainly do PvE Boss hunting (don’t like following a schedule but oh well), some dungeoning, and some fotming. I rarely do WvW, but sometimes I do.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

1.The transition always start with change your build first, then full Zerker trinkets → Zerker weapons → Zerker armors in the order of Boots, Shoulders, Gloves → Helm, Chest and Pants.

2. Please! Please consult this guide for a proper DPS Staff build for PvE: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Guide-DPS-Elementalist-for-PvE/first as well as how to gear up a zerker ele.

3. The easy way to get credits in any zerg fights is to be in a full party. Then your DPS matters. Then know when to cast what skills for maximal amounts of loots.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

I think Staff Ele casts too slowly for good tagging. Just play D/D and you should get the tags you need.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

With Staff, you can troll people at Lyssa. With D/D, you take all the reflected damage and die :’(

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids