My Ele build, Pew pew and healing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zyxith.9328

Zyxith.9328

Curious what others thing of the build my past Ele had.

My armour were zealots/keepers with the stats of Power with precision/healing. I used runes of exuberance with such. I mostly used scepter/focus with zerker stats and my staff with either that or zealots/magi depending on my mood. I went for something that could dish out decent DPS but have the option to heal allies or myself well. My trinkets were all celestial.

My traits were Spell Slinger, Infernal Fire, Soothing Winds, Bolt to the Heart, Cantrip Mastery, Soothing Wave and Aquatic benevolence. Ran with utilities such as Arcane shield, Mist form and lightning flash. Either using the fiery greatsword or frost bow.

So yeah, curious on how this build seems to others. I mostly did PvE. A lil PvP here and there.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

It’s a casual working build. Not great, low dmg, but high surviability.

Scepter/focus is made for stacking might. You shouldn’t use it as you main dmg source. You should have the Lighing Hammer for that. You start a fight with Scepter/Focus to pump might, then use LH to do dmg.

Overall i saw a lot worst in build. You should at least either use S/F for might stacking only, or switch to D/F, which is a better stand alone weapon set.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Elementalist

Zyxith.9328

What about Dagger/Dagger or more importantly to my taste, what about Staff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Dagger/dagger is suboptimal. Staff is the highest dps, but the lowest offensive support.
Build isn’t for pve.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Elementalist

Zyxith.9328

Dagger/dagger is suboptimal. Staff is the highest dps, but the lowest offensive support.
Build isn’t for pve.

Lowest offensive, like it does the least as far as heals? Also what do you mean by Build isn’t for PvE? Like, the build I mentioned isn’t good for PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

’Offensive support’ as in ’it doesn’t have as many blast finishers so can’t stack might nearly as well as other sets’.

in Elementalist

oxtred.7658

Offensive support refers to might, fury, vuln and unique buffs to up the team dps. Staff has far less blasts than s/f, so it stacks less might and fury. The build you created isn’t for pve, because it’s strong in unimportant areas. In pve, elementalist is an offensive support class with strong defensive utilities ( blinds, swirling winds, lightning field).

in Elementalist

Thaddeus.4891

1) D/D have good burst dmg, low sustain, low offensive support and good mobility, which make it a good Roaming or sPvP weapons set. But offer very little in PvE.
2) Forget COMPLETELY about heal. It a waste of time, especially in PvE. You will never be able to heal yourself faster than you get damaged. The only place where healing work is blasting water field in WvW with 10 other ppl.

in Elementalist

Zyxith.9328

Hmm, yeah this is where I tend to get confused as to what people say because “The build you created isn’t for PvE” puzzles me because I used it for over a year and it worked fine in PvE, aside from some particularly annoying enemies like Aetherblades and a few tough moments in LS season 2 like that spinning plant monster and the ghost statue. I heal myself well enough when swapping to water to do so or I drop Healing Seed.

in Elementalist

oxtred.7658

Everything works in pve. Naked no traits builds are enough. But there’s still better options.

in Elementalist

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

1) D/D have good burst dmg, low sustain, low offensive support and good mobility, which make it a good Roaming or sPvP weapons set.

Celestial D/D ele is one of the specs with insane sustain and good damage/mobility. Wouldn’t say it has low sustain or high burst.

in Elementalist

Thaddeus.4891

1) D/D have good burst dmg, low sustain, low offensive support and good mobility, which make it a good Roaming or sPvP weapons set.

Celestial D/D ele is one of the specs with insane sustain and good damage/mobility. Wouldn’t say it has low sustain or high burst.

Compare to what? On staff you have a constant field field that hit like a truck (i repeat constant), and on S/X you melee with the LH with one of the highest auto-attack.

D/D or D/F on the other hand is about a rotation that use a couple of skill with high cooldown like fire grab. I don’t say it’s bad. I just say that its better in PvP than PvE, while S/X with LH is better in PvE than PvP. Anyway, Celestial D/D in PvP that great. Bring that in PvE, no thanks.

in Elementalist

witcher.3197

Compare to what? On staff you have a constant field field that hit like a truck (i repeat constant), and on S/X you melee with the LH with one of the highest auto-attack.

D/D or D/F on the other hand is about a rotation that use a couple of skill with high cooldown like fire grab. I don’t say it’s bad. I just say that its better in PvP than PvE, while S/X with LH is better in PvE than PvP. Anyway, Celestial D/D in PvP that great. Bring that in PvE, no thanks.

I was talking about PvP, you’re talking about PvE. And nobody’s running Lighning Hammer in PvP.

in Elementalist

Thaddeus.4891

Yes I know. In my original post I said that D/D was good in sPvP and Roaming, but not so much in PvE compare to other weapons. You disagree on my position that D/D have good burst, but less sustain. To which I responded, compare to staff and LH, yes its have less sustain, which is true. That’s why LH is for PvE and D/D is for PvP.

in Elementalist

witcher.3197

Yes I know. In my original post I said that D/D was good in sPvP and Roaming, but not so much in PvE compare to other weapons. You disagree on my position that D/D have good burst, but less sustain. To which I responded, compare to staff and LH, yes its have less sustain, which is true. That’s why LH is for PvE and D/D is for PvP.

Less sustain compared to what? If I get this right, you’re comparing the PvE D/D build to other PvE builds and draw conclusions about PvP.

in Elementalist

Thaddeus.4891

No. I compare the weapon of the Elementalist.

Overall the D/D have some advantage compare to other Ele weapons and some disadvantage. These advantage/disadvantage make D/D a less attractive weapons set for PvE, but a good weapon set for PvP. That’s all.