My PvE elementalist build, thoughts?

in Elementalist

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

Here she is, rip it apart!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFQQJAodhcM6ZW4wuBrEBEAW4AQBIIObHI6EUKNA-TBiAABE4AD0S5Xmq/M1+DB4EA2TPBAPAg0UCGA4AY4CHEe4M/8zP/8z3wDP8wDPcpAyTaE-e

Edit: I added the additional trait point (I can’t believe I missed it) and feel the need to mention that it was intended for some WvW functionality. I feel as if the build would function well in both, and. I didn’t make too many sacrifices. Perhaps instead of simply saying “here’s this build, use it instead of yours” maybe point out the weaknesses and how I could do better in the future?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFQQJAodhcM6ZW4wuBrEBEAW4AQBIIOcHcDEkittenlGA-TBiAABE4AD0S5Xmq/M1+DB4EA2TPBAPAg0UCGA4AY4CHEe4M/8zP/8z3wDP8wDPcpAyTaE-e

(edited by InsidiousWaffle.7086)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

I guess and I hope you meant WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

1 unspent trait point says that wasn’t even thought through.
i would highly suggest the build in my Signature.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

in Elementalist

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

Nova [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

seems solid, you’re good to go. with my build nerfed by the feature pack i think this is the new optimum.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

in Elementalist

Darox.8069

seems solid, you’re good to go. with my build nerfed by the feature pack i think this is the new optimum.

Yeah I think his build is terribly robust, much better than the OP.
Too bad I didn’t pre-buy the game I don’t have the wolves :/

I really like that you use the rune of the elementalist! I mean it is so strange that it has the new of our class and people don’t use it :o I think it should be core, also the condition damage is very good.

in Elementalist

Darox.8069

OP I think your build lacks defense

in Elementalist

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

Is that sarcasm I hear?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

super speed ??? super LOL

Final shielding whil near full zerker ? you’ll be OS no matter what … renewing stamina FTW

strengh of stone while going full zerker ? lol ?
same goes for elementalist runes, you want to play condi ? Dagger main hand almost apply perma burn.

Last but not least:
tornado ???
do you know that FGS is totally imba in PVE ?

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

You need 6 points in either arcana or water for healing and condi cleaning to survive on ele. If you put 6 points in both you don’t need ether renewal for condi clearing but if you don’t your gonna need it. Air is preferred for traiting for damage. Since your using valks gear using points in air to get your precision up is even more important than usual.

You seem to be emphasizing condi damage while wearing valks gear, that doesn’t make sense. Valks gear is good but you need to get your crit rate up to make it shine.

Taking zephyr’s boon and elemental shielding would work better with that weapon set then the adept traits you have taken. You need the fury to make the crit damage from valk’s gear useful and protection on demand is more useful then a passive trait triggering protection on its own. And with d/f you can have massive aura uptime.

Internal Fire only makes sense for staff DPS builds I don’t think anyone else should consider taking it.

Fiery Great Sword is mandatory for dungeon runs on ele. For PVE with dagger/focus I always have frost bow to balance out the build. Has the range and aoe to balance things out and can even heal the squad the way a staff can.

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

(edited by MotherKitten.6795)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

If you’re going for something with a lot of offense in PvE, I’d suggest this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAotAtM4jEQAwCHAWAHAxpgMQNE-TRROwAjU+BY/Bi6JAr+jMlgiCKjA-e

The heal can be what you think is good for the situation. Arcane Brilliance for more offense, Signet for more general sustain, Ether Renewal if you need Condi Cleanse, Glyph if you want a general heal.

The two other utility slots depend on the situation. Good ones include:
-Signet of Fire – More crit chance
-Conjure Lightning Hammer – Spammable blast finisher and blind. Change Ember’s Might to Conjurer if you use this
-Conjure Frost Bow – Good for a nice bit of burst AoE damage on an area. Good for creatures with large hitboxes, large trash pulls, and objects.
-Arcane Shield – Defensive spell if you need one
-Mist Form – Defensive spell if you need another one after Arcane Shield
-Cleansing Fire/Armor of Earth – Slotted for when you really need condi removal/stability for a certain encounter. Situational utilities.
-Glyph of Elemental Power – For creative players. Use the Water effect to apply high Chill uptime to an enemy that needs to be kited around a bit or slowed down. The air one for high Weakness uptime is also very useful in certain situations.
-Glyph of Storms – Use the earth one to spam blinds on trash in an area.
-Lightning Flash – When you need a teleportation effect.
-SIgnet of Air – When running around in the open world or running to the next place in a dungeon.

The runes can be Strength or Scholar. Strength is better in bad groups, Scholar is better in good groups. Scholar is cheaper.

Sigils can be stuff like: Force, Night, Slaying, Battle, Strength, Accuracy, Energy. Figure out what works for you and the kind of groups you play with. Force+Night/Slaying is what people do for max damage. Force+Accuracy is a decent general bet. Force+Battle in a PUG situation. Battle+Strength for basically always 25 might on yourself. Battle+Energy for bad PUGs.

The last two trait points can go into:
-Earth – Stone Splinters for max damage
-Water – Vital Striking for a damage modifier, and the added benefit of the 5-point water regen trait.
-Arcana – For Renewing Stamina for 100% Vigor Uptime

Gear is always Berserker everything.

The way the build plays is by spamming Lightning Whip and using the other 3 attunements for utility and burst and blast finishers. Keep up Might and Fury by blasting in your fire fields a lot.

(edited by Neko.9021)