Need help with an ele build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mexican Jumping Bean.6912

Mexican Jumping Bean.6912

Hey guys Im having mind recking trouble making an ele build, this is what i came up with up but it doesnt seem to work, can i have some tips and maybe links to some of your builds please, http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/elementalist/?1.0|8.1i.h1h.8.1n.h2|0.0.0.0.0.0|1n.7m.1p.7m.1n.7m.1n.7m.1n.7m.1p.7m|1i.61.1n.67.1i.61.1n.67.1i.61.0.0|0.a0.a0.k25.u56b|0.0|1n.1s.1u.1v.28|e

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Can you use this instead:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

Then link back what you use. Be sure to click whether or not it’s a PvP, WvW or PvE based build and maybe explain what it is you’re trying to do and what you’re having trouble with.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

in Elementalist

Im having trouble balancing the toughness, Vitality, crit damage and chance, someone told me to atleast have 1600 toughness, 15k vitality , 20+ crit chance, and a moderately high crit damage, but i cant achieve that, no matter what i try or change

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhMmkbzR4wjEAEFmcyoQIiCPUeMTO2A-jUzA4LQMGABBgEBm9ESTgSj9hioxqXwUmJVdGZtLg7Iq+DlZA-w

This is basically what I run, except I use 0-0-20-20-30 for D/D general WvW play, I feel stability from rock solid is better than fury/swiftness from auras but that’s personal preference.

Definitely drop the useless “windborne dagger” trait though. It doesn’t stack with swiftness and it doesn’t even work properly anyway (unless they ninja fixed it). Vigor-on-crit is standard and very useful (vigor = 2x dodges).

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alys Florent.1359

Alys Florent.1359

Im having trouble balancing the toughness, Vitality, crit damage and chance, someone told me to atleast have 1600 toughness, 15k vitality , 20+ crit chance, and a moderately high crit damage, but i cant achieve that, no matter what i try or change

To achieve this you needed to move around where you’re getting stats from. Here is a link to a common ele “WvW roamer” type build with mostly easy to acquire exotics (no ascended at all). It gives you 1600 toughness (2500 armor), 15.8k health, 42% crit chance and 67% crit damage. Also, 60% boon duration and respectable 1745 power to boot.

Some tips: Always use Ruby Jewels for upgrades, they have very good stat ratios for Crit Damage, along with Berserker amulet (and an ascended version of that amulet shouldn’t be too hard to come by with 20 laurels). You also don’t need the 2 Divinity runes, the extra +20/2% isn’t necessary, you can pick orbs or major water runes or Melandru runes.

Edit: I see a lot of people posting builds with full orbs on their armor. That’s not the best use of armor slots, as eles we like to stack boons so never underestimate boon duration. 2 Sup Water and 2 Sup Monk give +30%, along with the standard 30% from arcana. Worth a lot more IMO than 120 power and a few crit chance points or vitality.

(edited by Alys Florent.1359)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhMmkbzR4wjEAEFmcyoQIiCPUeMTO2A-jUyAYrASiApCAZviox2GKiGr+BTdSEV75Jiq9GYCBMaMA-w

These would be my modifications to your build. This brings you to 2000 power, 38% crit chance, 56% crit damage, 1638 Toughness, 15595 HP. Like Thrashbarg I’d replace Windborne Dagger with Renewing Stamina. With Fury up should have plenty of Crit.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

What about this guys ive made a few adjustments going by what my friend in the game whos played ele since launch said i should aim for , http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhMmkbzR4wjEAEFmcyoQIiCPUeMTO2A-jkzAYMA0GIJCkKAk9EETgKrF2wWdjW5NI6HM15gq1nIe8o5OGStQAH3CA-w
Its no rocking a load more toughness and he explained how eles did damage by using might stacks which i was not aware of.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

That looks a lot better. I’d suggest ether renewal as a heal, kinda lacking condition removal outside water attunement cooldowns. With ether renewal I’d also drop the 2 monk & guardian runes in favor of 4 altruism, same boon duration and healing but another 3 stacks of aoe might (for you as well).

The azurite gems are spendy and not necessary, emeralds or beryls will do basically the same thing. The azurites are exactly optimizing the build anyway.

The power is still low for my tastes, but pretty good survivability.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alys Florent.1359

Alys Florent.1359

That looks a lot better. I’d suggest ether renewal as a heal, kinda lacking condition removal outside water attunement cooldowns. With ether renewal I’d also drop the 2 monk & guardian runes in favor of 4 altruism, same boon duration and healing but another 3 stacks of aoe might (for you as well).

The azurite gems are spendy and not necessary, emeralds or beryls will do basically the same thing. The azurites are exactly optimizing the build anyway.

The power is still low for my tastes, but pretty good survivability.

I think 1800 power is a good baseline for ele. You trip and give yourself 4 stacks of might, which gets you close to 2000, and if you’re decent with blasts and sigil of battle you can easily maintain 10+ stacks which is over 2200.

in Elementalist

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Dunno 1800 power is about 400 lower than anything I would consider.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/elementalist/?1.0|8.1g.h8.8.1k.h1h|0.0.0.0.0.0|1n.71h.1n.71h.1n.71g.1n.71g.1n.b1g.1n.b1g|211.0.211.0.311.0.211.0.311.0.3v.0|0.a1.0.u53b.u56b|15.1|1n.1u.1t.1v.0|e

Modified from Puandro Build

For Players with moderate to high skills. Not for the beginner

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

Hello,
i might suggest you to try this kind of build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArYhEmmbxR4gjEIEFngLMKkBiHWgDwhlCzAA-j0yAYrASiAJCAZPh1EoiYlsIasqFMVJgyEVfqI7NKiWNA-w

i said “kind” because i did i in 10 sec on the skill editor and equip can be still optimized… but that trait disposition and weapons (scepter/dagger) allow you to decide when to be “tough” and when to deal massive damage… just learn to swap-combine-defend