Need more info about elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: ilginsara.8752

ilginsara.8752

Hello everyone,

F?rat of all I would like to introduce myself since this is my f?rat post to the forum. My homeworld is Desolation and my main is GS/Staff(Sometimes scepter/shield in wvw). I have guardian, mesmer and ranger at 80 and want to level one more because I’m having fun and it seems like a way of farming T2 mats without getting bored at all. My question is pretty simple actually. I leveled both an engineer and an elementalist to level 30 just to see their elites and overall gameplay. And I liked them both but I want to grind on only one. I also talked to some of my guild mates about Elementalist vs. Engineer struggle I’m in and they said ele die quick and engi is not a fun class after all. Can someone please Summaries the real differences between them. I know that Elementalist has massive damage and hp regen but so does engi. I think this concludes my topic. Thank you. (Sorry about English mistakes, English is not my mother tongue.)

Desolation

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

Ele had the highest potential burst damage currently. Staff eles are to die for in wvw. Watch zoose on youtube, he takes on masses of ppl with his buddies. Condi is not the best on eles currently but can be done if needed. Its really preferance. Do you want the mage or a mecha dude with guns and turrets lol. One thing i will note it is hard ro get condi cleanse out of water magic. Yes we have a few utilities that remove but not many, we have one focus skill that removes and a trait in fire also. Imo 9/10 times im traiting at least 20 in water.

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Depends on what you want to do in WvW. If you wanna go zerg vs zerg, staff is great, because you probably won’t take too much direct beating and your telegraphs gets lost in the chaos.

But if you want to roam, staff isn’t that good, because its too polarised of a weapon, and all your damaging attacks are way too easy to avoid in a 1v1.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ilginsara.8752

ilginsara.8752

I see. Thanks for the replies and wvw overview.

Desolation