Need new Ele D/D Build

Need new Ele D/D Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valin.6873

Valin.6873

Hey..
Need some help with a WvW build.. been playing around with things but can’t seem to get things right.
In WvW I’m running 0-2-0-6-6 and knights gears with hoelbrack runes. Also I’m using a celestial amulet and zerker trinkets… With cantrips. D/D.
This used to work perfectly up until yesterday.. Yesterday this build for some reason kept getting destroyed against rangers. :/
Any one know any other good wvw builds. I can’t make celestial armor atm.. but can make celestial everything else.
I’m working on trying to make celestial armor but it’s takes some time and I need a new build for Friday. :/
Basically I need a build that I can roam with.. and use in zergs.
Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance!

-Valin

<Dagger/Dagger Elementalist> <Gates of Madness>

(edited by Valin.6873)

Need new Ele D/D Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I am thinking the new arua runes is something worth trying out for d/d ele. Kind of the old aura build in groups 2 air 6 water 6 ar solo is more on the lines of 2 air 2 earth 4 water 6 ar. 9 sec frost aura on a 32 sec cd is nothing but god mood. The only problem about the new rune is the long icd 5 sec of swiftness on a 20 sec cd is not worth it the heal is though BUT for an ele to use there heal cost a lot.

Added note air aura will last for 5 sec so it can trigger 2 times on a person that and i think for more of the solo build you run Elemental Contingency over evasion it should let you have 100% fury swiftness and protection up time.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Need new Ele D/D Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

I am thinking the new arua runes is something worth trying out for d/d ele. Kind of the old aura build in groups 2 air 6 water 6 ar solo is more on the lines of 2 air 2 earth 4 water 6 ar. 9 sec frost aura on a 32 sec cd is nothing but god mood. The only problem about the new rune is the long icd 5 sec of swiftness on a 20 sec cd is not worth it the heal is though BUT for an ele to use there heal cost a lot.

Added note air aura will last for 5 sec so it can trigger 2 times on a person that and i think for more of the solo build you run Elemental Contingency over evasion it should let you have 100% fury swiftness and protection up time.

That’s interesting. Any chance in getting a video of this?

Just now got my ele to 80 and have been dabbling with builds in PvP so I have my memory to set to where skills are in a WvW setting.

Need new Ele D/D Build

in Elementalist

Valin.6873

Build is really interesting.. but because your not using hoalbrak or strength runes how much power do you lose? Can you still do enough damage to people in wvw and survive?

-Valin

Need new Ele D/D Build

in Elementalist

Valin.6873

Hmm.. I just don’t know if I should stick with my old build.. just those new pesky tangle rangers are hurting me hard.. any clues to help out? I basically using the build that I said in the first post.. :/

-Valin

Need new Ele D/D Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Build is really interesting.. but because your not using hoalbrak or strength runes how much power do you lose? Can you still do enough damage to people in wvw and survive?

-Valin

Do not know still playing with it
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYhcMac25wwBdEBPACxfBHdSUgyVT+E-TFiQwAcUaYWVlUKBDrGwGlZA2fYpegtqUEAABg0ZdmUAgtMC-w what i am running atm the ice runes are place holder for the new aura runes.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Need new Ele D/D Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Rangers now do a truck load of damage, about 10 to 12k within seconds. So even with the bunker of bunker builds we are talking about 3 to 5k damage.

When you are facing 3 rangers who are positioned far apart all focus firing at you, you will melt.

So build is not the problem. Anet created a monster. Remember how we(the top dogs) could 1 v 4 like gods? And then got nerfed to the ground. Same will apply to every class.

Anet balance team —> Buff them to OP status and them trim them down alot and then slowly nudge them upwards till we are comfortable.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Need new Ele D/D Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Actually i’d like people to state when they are talking about PvP.

This thread talks about WWW where since more than a year any XvsX is problematic for eles.

And for sure you can t 1VS2, (would be problematic 2VS2, while 1VS1 is easier unless your opponent is one of the 3 OP/immortal professions) 1vs4 never happened unless lime in daphoenix videos you summon an earth golem and all your opponents starts focusing it.

WWW is not PvP.

WWW as it is now requires you to bring DPS, thus leaving you really weak if focused or hit first.
You lack stealth and sustained mobility to actually do something good.

Last 3 players saying ele was so strong in www were proved wrong in game <.< when i asked them to join me during roaming.

Example a condition ele is often better than usual tanky dps build.

Yet i believe that the slow trim applies only to warriors, guardians and thieves.
Other professions will be nerfed to Death as soon as they prove to be OP (with the usual months for devs to notice).

You can see how some profession gets small nerf of 5 or 8%
Others of 50-80%.

This applies to Ele (mostly), necros, rangers, mesmers and so on.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.