Neko's Comp. Guide to the Dungeon Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

This guide is gonna be updated soon… Getting ready for when the December patch hits us.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

You really should include Staff DPS builds here. I’ve used a staff DPS to great effect in many dungeons.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

You really should include Staff DPS builds here. I’ve used a staff DPS to great effect in many dungeons.

I will.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

Hi Neko, thank you for the good efforts!
Will you update the guide after the balance patch of 10 December?

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

Hi Neko, thank you for the good efforts!
Will you update the guide after the balance patch of 10 December?

I do indeed plan to update and am currently playing around with the patch to see what’s happened.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Metaseven.5932

Metaseven.5932

I do indeed plan to update and am currently playing around with the patch to see what’s happened.

Looking forward to it

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

now i am running 25/25/0/20/0 LH
I rarely see ppl apply vuln. so I chose to take 25 air instead 30 fire/20 air.
do you think 30/20/0/20/0 better , even with pug party?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

now i am running 25/25/0/20/0 LH
I rarely see ppl apply vuln. so I chose to take 25 air instead 30 fire/20 air.
do you think 30/20/0/20/0 better , even with pug party?

Depends, what is the pug party’s up time on party wide fury looks like and can you get them to drop fire fields while ur hammering? This is why I like the idea of looking for pugs as 2 eles, 1 staff, 1 lh, never having to worry about might/fury from the party.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheezwhiz.9517

cheezwhiz.9517

I’m currently enjoying 0/30/0/30/10 with D/D, D/F, or Staff (mainly a utility/support option). I can’t live without that perma vigor or it would probably be 0/30/10/30/0 for protection through auras. You can either aura share or remove conditions, providing some group utility (though considerably less than the generic auramancer). With the new change to Tempest Defense, you can provide a 20% damage boost against stunned targets. Frost Bow has that 5 second freeze.
Would Frost Bow 4/5 -> Lightning Hammer sitting in water be a decent option now, assuming you get the first stun on Champs?

The downside of this is that Tempest Defense is almost completely useless against specific bosses, but at least you have the ability to switch to a Fresh Air spec easily.

Jade Quarry Guardian/Necromancer of [MoG]

in Elementalist

Posted by: FerranC.5420

FerranC.5420

Hybrid Dagger-Hammer (20/0/0/20/30)

This is my personal favorite build. This is what I run, after playing around with other builds of the Elementalist.

Here is the build

• Damage: Good
  • Survivability: Great
  • Support: Good
  • Swirling Winds Access: Yes
  • Arcana Build: Yes
  • Lightning Hammer Synergy: Yes

The general idea of this build is this. You retain 30 in Arcana which allows you to retain the versatility so iconic to the Elementalist. With at least 15 in Water, the very act of attuning to Water heals for about 1600 HP AoE. A dodge roll in Water Attunement gives a massive heal as well.

I prefer Focus offhand to Dagger for Swirling Winds (Air 4) and the two Earth skills.

The two utilities other than Lightning Hammer are up to you. I stuck Arcane Shield and Mist Form in there for pure survivability, but you’re free to put Arcane Wave into one of those slots if that’s your thing.

The basic idea is this – play a Classic Elementalist (I consider the playstyle of the Auramancer to be a Classic Elementalist), dancing between attunements as needed, proccing Protection in Earth attunement when burst damage is about to come and heals from Water attunement when you need heals or cleanse.

Then, when you’ve exhausted your weapon’s burst or feel safe to move away from your normal weapon set’s abilities, feel free to drop down the Lightning Hammer and start smashing stuff.

That’s really all there is to it. I think that when Hammer builds were first introduced to the meta, they were introduced in their absolute most optimal, organized-group (and somewhat gimmicky, honestly) form. A lot of Elementalists have “seen” the Lightning Hammer build but don’t play it for various reasons such as:

• It’s a gimmick build
  • It’s too glassy

This build tries to solve those problems, while retaining the playstyle of 30 Arcana Dagger Elementalists.

This is the build that I personally use, and do so because of my experiences with the other 4 builds listed on this page. So please look at those 4 builds’ advice and incorporate that into how to play this version of the Elementalist.

Is this build still viable?? And if it is, where is the correct link to the build?. I’m really interested in this kind of builds. Thanks