SimpleKingly.5021

Regen too strong on ele. Nuff said. Nerf plzz

Lowjin is my stripper name ;)
www.Twitch.tv/kreepingg

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

wat is a support condition that reduces healing effectiveness called poison that can counter bunkers

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Ele healing is disgusting, I agree.

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Down with passive healing altogether I say. >:O

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: GoatCheese.2704

GoatCheese.2704

I agree, down with passive regen. Let’s nerf warrior heal signet and guardian virtue of resolve. Elementalists, on the other hand, only have active regen.

Hestia Aduro

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

The person who recently was looking for a handout on a “bunker Mesmer” build says regen for ele is too strong.

The person who just ranted about profession QQ’ers in Prof Balace says ele regen is too strong.

Pathetic. There’s nothing wrong with the regen boon on elementalist. We have both the worst life pool and armor pool in the game. Of course we need regen. What planet are you from?

Ah yes planet QQ I can’t beat eles.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

You’re all making huge mistakes by demanding nerfs because when Anet nerfs things they never buff alternatives (balance).

What you should be demanding is for more active healing to replace the passive healing at the same efficacy instead of simply crying about regen.

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

OP seems to be both bad and mad.

10/10

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sufarus.3056

Sufarus.3056

Nice b8 m8 i’ll r8 it an 8/8

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I agree, our healing capability is extremely high. We have both high passive and active healing in our disposal. It is easy to heal from low health back to full multiple times in combat.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: conti.5187

conti.5187

Op probably doesn’t know how to express his thoughts properly. That said from a pvp pov ele just has a bit to much of either dmg or healing once of them has to be toned down alittle bit.

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

I think it’s a hard issue. They actually did nerf Elementalist sustain in PvP, and the class was complete garbage for an entire year when they did. When they undid the Cleansing Water and Signet of Restoration nerfs, the class literally went from worst class in PvP to Double-Ele comps everywhere. The Elementalist is notorious for either being worthless or totally dominating, and it’s hard for the balancers to come to a happy medium.

The issue is that there’s just so much damage in GW2 now with double sigils and buffed runes, as well as general power creep in the various classes. The Elementalist’s sustain does need to get nerfed (preferably to the major offenders: Soothing Mist, Soothing Wave, and Evasive Arcana’s Water dodge roll… although the nerf to Evasive Arcana in PvP is probably already enough). But there also needs to be a systemic trimming of all damage from all classes, as well as from the various overpowered sigils and runes that dominate (Battle, Doom, Fire, Air, and Geomancy are all way too strong and push class’ damage through the roof when you can run two proccing sigils at the same time). That’s not an easy thing to undo. Thus, the devs have just sort of given Ele this ridiculous amount of self-sustain just so that it can power through all of the ridiculous amount of damage that people have gained.

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Honestly, the meta in this game evolves so slowly, it’s hard to point at ele as being the main balance offender.

Elementalist having very high sustain is an intentional design decision though. I agree it’s a lot to deal with, but it comes at a cost. Unlike other classes, the sustain is countered not only by poison, but by chill as well. Besides, unlike other high-regen specs, ele will always remain vulnerable to (coordinated) burst.

What I’m trying to say is this:

- People are still learning how to properly deal with eles, since they’ve been out of the meta for so long. Their strong sustain does come at a cost, a cost which is not often exploited well by the opponent(chill/poison, burst).
- Over time, the meta will hopefully shift to become more necro heavy, as warrior slowly falls out of grace.

All that said, it’s a very real possibility that ele sustain is too high. Just offering some counter arguments.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: Flux Qemist.6712

Flux Qemist.6712

I’m inclined to think this has more to do with the celestial amulet in pvp rather then an eles traited regen as you get the same high levels of regen on several classes using this amulet (thief, warrior and engi come to mind).
Thing is what’s happened in rather quick succession is the reverted regen nerf on eles, the buff to celestial amulet (due to the ferocity nerf) not to mention the strength runes to compensate for power loss.

That being said, Id rather have a viable class in pvp rather than a dead one.
As for the OP, you need to duel more eles pure and simple, both thieves and mesmers can beat eles but you need to adjust your playstyle and know how to counter.
Might I suggest.
s/d thief – yes it was nerfed but a good player can still make it work.
and CI mesmer – lockdown builds are generally strong against a class that has a lot of channeled skills.

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Either l2p or strip its boons.

Maybe it’s time to let the Necros loose.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

The issue is that there’s just so much damage in GW2 now with double sigils and buffed runes, as well as general power creep in the various classes. The Elementalist’s sustain does need to get nerfed (preferably to the major offenders: Soothing Mist, Soothing Wave, and Evasive Arcana’s Water dodge roll… although the nerf to Evasive Arcana in PvP is probably already enough). But there also needs to be a systemic trimming of all damage from all classes, as well as from the various overpowered sigils and runes that dominate (Battle, Doom, Fire, Air, and Geomancy are all way too strong and push class’ damage through the roof when you can run two proccing sigils at the same time).

PLEASE say you’re kidding me.

Damage has been nerfed to unthinkably low levels. It’s grotesque how I’m hitting literally over 50% less damage now than I used to on my warrior than back in April and how weak my ele feels in PvE these days now since the ferocity roll out + lack of FGS. There’s barely any reason to justify taking it in dungeons to begin with because it dies so fast if anything goes wrong.

The reason I bring PvE into the picture is because just about every person that talks about balancing in this game neglects to take into consideration that ArenaNet is too lazy to separate their changes between the game modes. If you feel like damage is too strong in PvP, keep in mind it’s weak as hell in PvE and that’s considering all classes.

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

The issue is that there’s just so much damage in GW2 now with double sigils and buffed runes, as well as general power creep in the various classes. The Elementalist’s sustain does need to get nerfed (preferably to the major offenders: Soothing Mist, Soothing Wave, and Evasive Arcana’s Water dodge roll… although the nerf to Evasive Arcana in PvP is probably already enough). But there also needs to be a systemic trimming of all damage from all classes, as well as from the various overpowered sigils and runes that dominate (Battle, Doom, Fire, Air, and Geomancy are all way too strong and push class’ damage through the roof when you can run two proccing sigils at the same time).

PLEASE say you’re kidding me.

Damage has been nerfed to unthinkably low levels. It’s grotesque how I’m hitting literally over 50% less damage now than I used to on my warrior than back in April and how weak my ele feels in PvE these days now since the ferocity roll out + lack of FGS. There’s barely any reason to justify taking it in dungeons to begin with because it dies so fast if anything goes wrong.

The reason I bring PvE into the picture is because just about every person that talks about balancing in this game neglects to take into consideration that ArenaNet is too lazy to separate their changes between the game modes. If you feel like damage is too strong in PvP, keep in mind it’s weak as hell in PvE and that’s considering all classes.

Like I’ve said before, the trend of the game has been to nerf PvE damage and buff PvP damage, which is the opposite of what they should do. This thread was talking about PvP balance so in that context, my post is about specifically PvP balance. With PvE, imo, all the level 80+ PvE mobs have long since deserved to have their HP reduced. We’ve known this since the start of the game. Dungeons are incredibly boring when we slog through them with low DPS.

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Eles I feel like are very vulnerable to burst, either a burst of conditions or a burst of damage.

Unless the elementalist is using Ether Renewal, an ele that gets 6 conditions instantly put on them can’t clear it very fast and often they have to let it tick. Luckily, Ether Renewal comes at a huge price (if you interrupt the heal they are screwed and the healing tends to be less than SoR).

Necros aren’t a hard counter but if they corrupt your boons or signet of spite you as an elementalist you are pretty screwed.

A zerker spec like a mesmer can easily burst down an elementalist as well. If you burst them they are often put on the defensive for most of a fight.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Eles I feel like are very vulnerable to burst, either a burst of conditions or a burst of damage.

Unless the elementalist is using Ether Renewal, an ele that gets 6 conditions instantly put on them can’t clear it very fast and often they have to let it tick. Luckily, Ether Renewal comes at a huge price (if you interrupt the heal they are screwed and the healing tends to be less than SoR).

Necros aren’t a hard counter but if they corrupt your boons or signet of spite you as an elementalist you are pretty screwed.

A zerker spec like a mesmer can easily burst down an elementalist as well. If you burst them they are often put on the defensive for most of a fight.

I agree with much of this. The Ele viability depend on buffs since the passive defense reality of an ele is the worst available in the game and we can’t get out of fight as easily as a thief or a mesmer by using (abusing?) stealth.

A necro corrupting all my precious boons and poisoning me puts an immense pressure on me. Specially in my case since all of my gear is zerker. Even with boons, I am totally burstable if I don’t react fast enough or at least condemned to fall back on defensive and praying that I won’t make any mistake until cool down of key attunements.

It is already quite challenging to roam and duel as a Ele with a staff as is…

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

I agree with much of this. The Ele viability depend on buffs since the passive defense reality of an ele is the worst available in the game and we can’t get out of fight as easily as a thief or a mesmer by using (abusing?) stealth.

A necro corrupting all my precious boons and poisoning me puts an immense pressure on me. Specially in my case since all of my gear is zerker. Even with boons, I am totally burstable if I don’t react fast enough or at least condemned to fall back on defensive and praying that I won’t make any mistake until cool down of key attunements.

It is already quite challenging to roam and duel as a Ele with a staff as is…

It’s hard for every ele in the condition spam meta as roamers in WvW.

Some eles choose to go 6 into earth, but that’s kind of a cheesy way to go about it. I do agree with you both.

I think eles have struck a great balance in the meta, they shouldn’t be nerfed or buffed. I think warriors are also currently there, mesmers are close, necros could use a condition shave for a sustain bump, and rangers could use a bit of a sustain bump (when power).

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I wouldn’t necessarily say it is a condition spam meta, obviously this may differ from server to server. I am in silver league in NA, I would say for the most part (from my experiences) roamers are about 60% power, 40% condition. Of course this is a very arbitrary number.

Eles do have some decent options for dealing with conditions, obviously at the cost of healing/sustain, I think more so than other classes like Engis and Rangers who tend to get the short end of that stick.

I’ve toyed around with a Hoelbrak/Lemongrass/Geomancer’s Freedom build. It had slightly less condition removal but the conditions just slide off of you and cripples/chills become a joke. Obviously you sacrifice some damage and some healing but the duration of the conditions may be worth it in the long run. You also give up zephyr’s boon which kind of sucks because you have almost no swiftness and fury. Even then though a good power mesmer will give you a run for your money.

I personally think Diamond Skin is a terrible trait in most situations and definitely not worth investing 6 points of earth into, even though it is cheese. You lose Zephyr’s Boon, more condition removal in water and Evasive Arcana. If you are fighting a condi thief and suddenly a ranger rapid fires you, the traits that you have invested suddenly become a huge waste and won’t help you. In small group fights it hasn’t really helped me all that much. I feel like 6 in water and 6 in arcana is fine for most situations in terms of condition removal. If worse comes to worst, you can always put cleansing fire as your 3rd utility. Eles can handle conditions pretty well if they are placed on them frequently but 2-3 at a time. It is just the burst that comes from Engies, Thieves and Necros sometimes they can’t handle too well.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Nerf Ele Regen

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Looks like the opener lost interest, has no arguments or maybe someone helped him kill his deadly enemy – ele… Rather a troll thread.