Nerf thieves

Nerf thieves

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Nobody should be 3 shotting a level 80 in WvW.
I have full PVT gear, and 1 PVT weapon. PVC% accessories.
He had the Steal at 1200 yards or something because he zerged toward me and killed me before I could get a single attack off. It looked like a speedhack seeing him come toward me like that.
I’m not sure why we get nerfed when people are doing stuff like this:

Attachments:

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Nerf thieves

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

Nerf thieves

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyouhei.2341

Kyouhei.2341

7000 DMG with Steal… ^^

It’s funny how my Glass Cannon Guardian hits about 4000-5000 DMG with the whole whirlwind attack, with every strike hitting… which is not ranged… which slows your movement… which takes the same amount of time of a Steal+C&D+Backstab combo…

But it’s balanced guys, don’t forget!

Nerf thieves

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strodor.6051

Strodor.6051

Thieves definitely need to be brought down a notch in PvP if you ask me. Although don’t go on the thief forums and tell them that. I swear the majority of thief players are whiney 12 year olds that want a ‘I win’ button on their class and they will defend there class blindly to the point where trying to reason with them is absolutely pointless.

Smaggle – Asura elementalist [INT]

Nerf thieves

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

and i still have no problem with backstab thiefs honestly guys come on i run bunker on my ele and i do just fine i have yet to even get killed by a thief x.x if u run with ur sound off on ur game forget it turn it back on.

Dont forget asoon as u hear anything like slashing. use ur mist form and get the hell out of thier. its simple and has worked every single time.

Nerf thieves

in Elementalist

Posted by: skupuz.6940

skupuz.6940

and i still have no problem with backstab thiefs honestly guys come on i run bunker on my ele and i do just fine i have yet to even get killed by a thief x.x if u run with ur sound off on ur game forget it turn it back on.

Dont forget asoon as u hear anything like slashing. use ur mist form and get the hell out of thier. its simple and has worked every single time.

The notion that everyone should spec bunker and run away from a thief on sight is appalling.

Every class, no matter what spec, should be able to put up a fight. Will you lose? Maybe, but no one should die in 1.5 sec.

Nerf thieves

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

The notion that everyone should spec bunker and run away from a thief on sight is appalling.

Every class, no matter what spec, should be able to put up a fight. Will you lose? Maybe, but no one should die in 1.5 sec.

Actually, the damage in the op would be done in 1/4 of a sec from the first hit to death.

Not joking.

Start casting cloak and dagger at range, hit steal just as it finishes and then auto attack with backstab’s 1/4 second cast time. 23k damage.

People actually defend this as a balanced game mechanic.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Nerf thieves

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nenthil.4312

Nenthil.4312

Nobody should be 3 shotting a level 80 in WvW.
I have full PVT gear, and 1 PVT weapon. PVC% accessories.
He had the Steal at 1200 yards or something because he zerged toward me and killed me before I could get a single attack off. It looked like a speedhack seeing him come toward me like that.
I’m not sure why we get nerfed when people are doing stuff like this:

I happened to me as well. I’m not fully PVT, my gear for Wv3 is more like some VT and a lots of healing power (I like to play as support there). I was pretty happy with it but thief’s… they can 3-hit-K.O. me no matter what I will do. Puff! 18k hp gone just like that. >.<

Nerf thieves

in Elementalist

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

As stated by Rieselle, please refer to the linked topic to add your feedback on the thief and how to improve it. As always, please refrain from trolling or other disruptive activities and try to be as friendly and constructive as possible

Thanks for your understanding. This thread is closed