Nerfphobia

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: SecondtoNone.7549

SecondtoNone.7549

Q:

That’s right, Ele gets nerfed so often I have nerfphobia. I’m scared of which aspect of Ele “OPness” Anet is gonna nerf next. What do you guys think it’ll be?

1. Ether Renewal. I just switched to it from glyph of harmony and ether renewal is the kitten. 15s CD. 5k heal + each pulse is a condi remover? kitten heal. Its weakness is that it’s a channel and people interrupt it—which sucks.
2. DD. I just switched to DD and it rocks. It feels so good compared to Staff Ele and I feel like they’re going to nerf DD mobility or damage somehow. Either nerf mobility or nerf fire attunement damage. Or both just because ele is OP and deserves it. In fact, they might nerf ele heals again too.
3. Staff. Staff sucks unless you’re a bunker and bunker is only good in tournies. sPVP is all about the kills. That’s why everyone’s a thief or some kind of glasscannon. But they’re going to nerf staff somehow. I think our auto-attacks in staff are too good. Prob that.
4. Downed state. I admit, mistform is a really awesome downed state. Insta-escape and it heals you right back up (it’s too bad people in sPVP don’t know how to res you). Imo, forreals, they’ll prob nerf the healing aspect of mistform that returns you to full downed HP (not actual full hp).
5. Boons. Boons and ele go together like thieves, hb warriors, and pvpnub rage. We rock those boons and we can share them if traited. With high arcane + boon runes, we have some pretty good boon duration and variety. I believe there already was a stealth nerf to our auras.
6. EA? lol.

(edited by SecondtoNone.7549)

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dark.6250

Dark.6250

Yup the only build i play now is ele tank in pvp cause if i cant dish out the damage before being ganked i have to tank it up for the war of atrition since my auto dmg is kitten and combo finshers meh.

They need to really look at some balance between weapon sets traits etc otherwise you will only see one type of ele in the game

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

1. Condition dmg is so OP on some professions ( necro-thief-mesmer-ranger) that ER has become sort of mandatory these days, more and more eles are using it…so yeah a nerf is inevitable, because more and more people are “crying” about it, but what else can you do when some professions are able to apply 25 stacks of bleeding very easily on top of burning/poison/chill? Condition removal is one of the 2 reasons tPvP teams use an ele at all, remove that and we won’t be able to bunker as well thus removing the req for eles in general ( burst= thief/warrior/mesmer are better, support= eng/necro/mesmer are better)
2. D/D is good because it’s the weapon set which require less twiching among all ele sets, scepter users are almost non-existents right now and staff users are on decline, these days when you see an ele you can bet is a d/d ele; Anet really need to understand that slow moving/delayed skills are are not suitable for this kind of game…unfortunately the ele is the only profession which is loaded with unrealistic slow activation skills, many staff skills require manual aiming+strong CC and the result is awful
3. Staff already does suck, for bunking I use scepter/focus and I obtain far better results in that regard, by using a staff most time than not you need to chain 2 snare skills (each having 30+s CD) to even be able to hit something with skill 2
4. yeah they will remove the HP reset most likely
5. As long as they increase the innate survivability somehow, I won’t mind a nerf on boons.
6. No more nerfs on this one I believe

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

Anet really need to understand that slow moving/delayed skills are are not suitable for this kind of game…unfortunately the ele is the only profession which is loaded with unrealistic slow activation skills, many staff skills require manual aiming+strong CC and the result is awful

This cannot be stressed enough. Good post sir

It boggles my mind how Arenanet gives the ele such a slow casting time on their skills. The prof begs for attunement switching which would promote fluidity through the skills and yet the animations to cast the skills are so slow. It hinders quick combos

There isn’t any other profession that has this kind of issue

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

Anet really need to understand that slow moving/delayed skills are are not suitable for this kind of game…unfortunately the ele is the only profession which is loaded with unrealistic slow activation skills, many staff skills require manual aiming+strong CC and the result is awful

It boggles my mind how Arenanet gives the ele such a slow casting time on their skills. The prof begs for attunement switching which would promote fluidity through the skills and yet the animations to cast the skills are so slow. It hinders quick combos

I’m sorry but D/D is one of the most fluid, responsive, and fastest weapon sets in the game. S/D is still really fast with skills like air 2,3,4,5; fire 4; and more. Staff is meant to have high delay burst and meant to be somewhat sluggish compared to other weapon sets. Every profession has a weapon that is slow and sluggish.

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

SecondtoNone.7549

I’m sorry but D/D is one of the most fluid, responsive, and fastest weapon sets in the game. S/D is still really fast with skills like air 2,3,4,5; fire 4; and more. Staff is meant to have high delay burst and meant to be somewhat sluggish compared to other weapon sets. Every profession has a weapon that is slow and sluggish.

I think he’s referring to Staff. Super long cast times. Super long delay. Super long animations.

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Elementalist is restricted to specific builds, and so people get this idea that the class is underpowered (which it is) for the builds they most wish to play an elementalist as: glass cannons, spikers, bursters, mages of elemental destruction as it was advertised by the game.

But if we look at what the best the elementalists have to offer, we are a little bit too strong, specially considering we’ve actually been getting a healthy amount of buffs, unlike truly overpowered professions, like the mesmer, the guardian and the thief, who have been getting far, far, far more nerfs than buffs. And in a game where everyone gets nerfs, and I mean everyone gets nerfs, crying that the elementalists are getting nerfed does not means much, because the entire powercurve of the entire game is getting toned down. Many other profession users would love to get the treatment we’ve been getting… Well, rangers and necros have been getting some nice buffs too, but while those are slowly (or still trying) to get a place in the meta, the bunker ele has already been one of the pillars of current meta for long.

1. Ether Renewal prevents you from using skills for 3 seconds, and can be interrupted. It heals better than other heal skills, but it can’t burst heal to save your kitten from the first seconds against a thief (you’ll have to rely on other skills and only heal later). But, of course, lots and lots of condition removal, which is usually scarce with the elementalists. And a low recharge. I feel like this skill is at a decent situation, and I won’t be surprised if it’s actually buffed further if our channelling traits become more appealing in the future.

2. DD is our most polished weaponset. It’s the one that I feel like we have the less amount of useless/ filler skills (probably none). It’s a very risky weaponset, because it puts our naturally terrible defensive profession at the upfront dealing damage, and we desperately depend on active defenses and movement control to not be killed in seconds. This is specially notable if you specc in fire and air traits: if you don’t kill fast enough, all your CC will only delay your death. And we usually can’t kill fast enough. Meanwhile, water/ arcane specced eles are complete fortresses. I’d say that DD is fine, but our traits are not. Spike traits are not good enough, and Bunker traits are a bit better than they should.

3. Staff is absolutely awesome in spvp exactly because it’s all about kills. Spvp is full of zerg encounters. You get credit for kills by hitting them all with aoes. Staff is beautiful at aoes. In the countless 3v3 or more situations, spamming your fields and watching your party using finishers for lots of regeneration/ chill/ vulnerability/ burning, while keeping your opponents CC’ed within your fields, alongside the occasional Meteor Shower, is an absolutely awesome way to farm for glory in spvp. The fact that ele bunkers are one of the stronger builds for the current meta, and in those matches you can easily delay your death even against two opponnents, while making your allies combo finisher machines with a staff equipped, and the end result is that slowly but soundly you’re killing them faster than they are killing your allies. Should the enemies priotize glass cannons over your bunker fortress build, which the smartest should, you’re going to have a much easier time field spamming and self-comboing your opponent. Your cantrips will also allow you to safely finish most downed professions. Seriously, I consistently get 1s-3rd place in spvp thanks to staff, and when I do not, it’s because I spent too much time bunkering a point, which still gives an advantage to my team nonetheless.

Outside of that, the Staff has a few underpowered skills. Water’s auto attack, air’s second skill and earth’s four are skills that I personally think do too little.

4. If (= when) they nerf our downed state, I hope they reduce the cooldown of our #3 skill. At the moment we can only use it because Vapor Form allows us to delay our death enough for that.

5. I think our water trait that grants 9 seconds of regen and vigor to our cantrips is too strong. I would swap it with the cantrip recharge trait, making it a master trait, and probably nerf the duration to 6 seconds. It would still be very strong, but bunker eles are ridiculous at surviving long-term, until their cooldowns are off. I think this would balance that out, while still remaining very strong. I feel like it would be the best place to start to tone down bunkers, without doing anything drastic.

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

I think he’s referring to Staff. Super long cast times. Super long delay. Super long animations.

Well, yeah. Since it is a support weapon. As in, you stand back and support. Not go in and crack heads ninja-style. We got daggers for that.

In my opinion, the only skill that really needs rethinking is the Tooth… it really is too slow and obvious. It should be ground targeted, like the Phoenix, then at least we would be able to predict where the enemy will be and drop it there.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

1. Ether Renewal. I just switched to it from glyph of harmony and ether renewal is the kitten. 15s CD. 5k heal + each pulse is a condi remover? kitten heal. Its weakness is that it’s a channel and people interrupt it—which sucks.

The channel is a big deal. I don’t think this skill is going to get nerfed any time soon.

2. DD. I just switched to DD and it rocks. It feels so good compared to Staff Ele and I feel like they’re going to nerf DD mobility or damage somehow. Either nerf mobility or nerf fire attunement damage. Or both just because ele is OP and deserves it. In fact, they might nerf ele heals again too.

Hopefully Staff will just get a slight buff instead. D/D doesn’t feel OP compared to other professions. You just can’t really get away with using staff in sPvP. It’s still king of the mountain in WvW, Dynamic Events, and Dungeons, though.

3. Staff. Staff sucks unless you’re a bunker and bunker is only good in tournies. sPVP is all about the kills. That’s why everyone’s a thief or some kind of glasscannon. But they’re going to nerf staff somehow. I think our auto-attacks in staff are too good. Prob that.

Naw, staff autos are actually pretty bad. Fire deals poor damage (and the AoE component is nothing special), Water deals awful damage and spamming autos to heal is basically never a good idea, and Air is ok but gets you into trouble in PvE and sucks hard in 1v1 situations, leaving Earth as the Staff’s one good autoattack. The problem is, it’s still not good enough to justify really every sitting in Earth to auto someone. You’re better off hitting Earth 2 and then Fire 2 or Water 3.

4. Downed state. I admit, mistform is a really awesome downed state. Insta-escape and it heals you right back up (it’s too bad people in sPVP don’t know how to res you). Imo, forreals, they’ll prob nerf the healing aspect of mistform that returns you to full downed HP (not actual full hp).

Mistform’s pretty broken, but Discharge Lightning and Gasping Earth are pretty bad. My guess is they’ll rework the Ele’s downed state to be more balanced overall. Mistform’s our only shot at not getting stomped or killed, but it’s insanely binary in application: either you make it somewhere safe and have forever to 4 yourself back, or your enemies track you down and you’re just dead.

6. EA? lol.

They actually just rebuffed it to give a blast finisher to Earth, which is nice.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

-snip-

Bunker eles are not that OP as people claim, like for everything else there are counters, a well played trap ranger-shutter mesmer ( if we look at 13k HP eles) and any burst class can easily bring a bunker eles to his knees if they know what they’re doing.
Once you force them to use all their cantrips and interrupt ER, most bunker eles are done for the others will survive long enough for help to come( at that’s what bunker are for)

3. If you use a staff bunker ele, you’ll do very little dmg and outside the occasional area healing and frozen ground, you won’t do much outside annoying 2-3 newbs who don’t know how to deal with an ele.
If you want a “staff killing machine for glory farming” pick a wells necro spammer and collect 20 kills for match

5. eles who rely on boons to stay alive are very weak against boon removals professions like necro and mesmer , it was the same in GW1 where necros where the bane of eles with the way attunements were working, they were strippable enchantments and we needed it to save energy on spells.
In GW1 no class was able to win against all others there was always the “black horse” for each one of them,, so why should it be so in GW2?
They may reduce durations on boons for eles ( not expecting more than 30% reduction) but fundamentally the ele is a class which rely on boons to stay alive, let’s no all forget it, stacking boon/ench has been a staple of this profession since GW1

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

How many big counters do bunker eles have outside of boon removal?

One of the biggest weaknesses of a glass cannon, especially for a thief, is their long-term survival. We’re talking about builds that revolve around killing-or-be-killed in a short ammount of time. For that reason, a glass cannon cannot simply counter a bunker elementalist by only trying to acchieve long-term success. Waiting for an elementalist to dodge, dodge, CC, dodge again because of vigor, use one cantrip, CC, dodge again because of vigor, use another cantrip, dodge with burning retreat, all the while regenerating their health to full, is not a proper way of a glass cannon to counter a bunker ele. You need to burst outright, or you’ll have a hard time, and eles have so many means to counter bursts. A thief will lose their adrenaline, and a mesmer will have to deal with aoe. So, as can be seen, a staff bunker ele has as many counters against those builds, as they have against an ele.

This idea that a staff ele can’t damage is a myth. Bunkers versus bunkers can’t usually kill each other, but a bunker ele can kill glass cannons because of their little defense. We’ll gain might out of cantrips and eruption, eruption hits pretty hard, our fire spells are decent, we’ll apply decent burning and bleeding while dealing average damage. We can kill by outlasting them. And it isn’t as simple as dodging our spells. We can use plenty of them, we’ll surely use them at the points we’re trying to defend or capture, and we have a lot of movement control. Our opponent will have to take damage while CC’d, or to keep their melee range, or they’ll have to leave the point and give my team an advantage in team points overtime. Mesmer’s illusions won’t even get a big chance, unless the Mesmer shatters as fast as possible. And with fire dodges, vigor and all that, we’ll usually dodge more often than our opponent, and it’ll be easier to dodge illusions too when they come in running against you.

(Staff) bunker eles are very strong because they have so much going for them. They have hard counters to bursts, large long-term defense, never-ending CC and plenty of AOE to spam. They punish opponents for staying inside the point, they prevent opponents from escaping during big fights, and they give a huge boost to your entire time. And they get credit for all the kills in their area, because of their aoe, making them excellent to farm glory points in spvp.

Boons make us too strong at the moment, and boon removal is a pretty huge counter, because that’s what give us so much healing, dodging, and even stability, protection, fury, swiftness, might and even more power through the 25 points water trait. It fuels our long-term defense and long-term offense, and it’s even what allows us to outlast our own cantrip cooldowns against some builds, restarting our defensive cycle and keeping us basically unkillable unless the situation changes.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

actually they fixed swiftness stacking it seems ._.

some things were fixed lately i didn t notice on blog.

Mistform still needs to be fixed btw .-.

P.S. D/D ele is staff counter, thief stun build is staff counter and many others….
Also staff is really bad and boring……..i cannot understand how u may like it >.>

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

-snip-

So basically the ele bunker is OP because you can counter your average d/d newb thief and that’s all you can do, furthermore all your analysis is based on personal level of skill and that got nothing to do with balance.

For instance you’re trying to say that you can dodge a shatter mesmer inside a small platform like on clocktower or mine or henge, tell me how you do dodge when immobilized/daze/crippled because mesmer burst is available every 12-15s and in the meantime he can summon illusions much faster than you can manage with your aoe.

Mesmer daze is on what? 18s CD? Everytime you may try to use any long cast skill you’ll be rupted, any decent mesmer won’t spamm all illusions in a single point, you can be surrounded by 3 duellist each dealing 6-7k dmg + 3-4 stacks of bleeding and what if you face a condition mesmer? That’s like 6k auto-dmg everytime you use one skill and any attempt at using ER will be rupted and your other condition removals won’t be enough

Ever faced a trap ranger while trying to bunker? Pls go and tell me that you can remove all conditions against a well played trap ranger or tell me how you avoid being rupted while trying to use ER, and what about necros? Between fear chain and chill application you won’t survive long.

Want to talk about dodge? let’ see how you dodge non-stop once I apply weakness on you 24/7, you can try and remove it ..only to be applied a second later, same can be said about poison.

Finally a good d/d thief, will just wait in the shadows for you to waste all your cantrips fighting somebody else, then he’ll pop-in, basilisk venom – backstab( 8k dmg min)- steal( 3k dmg)- HS spamm.

This is what happen in tPvP, what happen in sPvP is irrelevant, even Jonhatan Sharp agree, he basically suggested to people complaining about 100b warrior to l2p, so now go and show me a paid tournament video of a team using this “unkillable” ele staff bunker you have mentioned, you even need to find a single video of current teams using a bunker eles over a double guardian combination, many of the teams using double guardian don’t even use an ele lol.

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

Mesmer daze is on what? 18s CD?

45s actually, that is if you’re talking about diversion. They have other skills that can cause daze (mantra, counter blade, etc.) but they’re not as big of a threat (imo). Manta sucks (if they even use it), that I’ll admit, but they only get 2 and then they gotta recast which is like 5 seconds.

And conditions (from any class, be it mesmer, ranger, or necro) shouldn’t scare Ele’s too much. We have the best condition removal in the game, even if ER (which not everyone uses btw) gets interrupted, you still have 2 clears on attuning to water, a clear with each cantrip (and FOUR clears from cleansing fire), a clear from skill #5 in water (be it cleansing wave, or healing rain), and a clear when dodge rolling in water (if using EA, which most bunkers do). I’ll stand on a thief caltrop and “/laugh” as the bleed stacks add up only to be promptly wiped with one flick of a button or a dodge roll.

And i’m not sure why all the hate for staff bunker Ele’s? They were the gold standard for Ele bunkers prior to the EA nerf, they have arguably more healing potential than D/D (especially now that Earth EA blast finishes again), and have the same amount of condition removal. The only thing a D/D bunker brings that a staff bunker does not is mobility/slipperiness, but when fighting on a node the D/D ele is only marginally more mobile. Using RTL to squirt away isn’t going to help decap or prevent a decap of a node…

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

SecondtoNone.7549

And i’m not sure why all the hate for staff bunker Ele’s? They were the gold standard for Ele bunkers prior to the EA nerf, they have arguably more healing potential than D/D (especially now that Earth EA blast finishes again), and have the same amount of condition removal. The only thing a D/D bunker brings that a staff bunker does not is mobility/slipperiness, but when fighting on a node the D/D ele is only marginally more mobile. Using RTL to squirt away isn’t going to help decap or prevent a decap of a node…

Bunker, imo, is only good in tPVP, where there’s teamwork involved and people actually try to win the game.

sPVP is a whole new animal. The name of the game is glory hogging. Bunker sucks for killing. Admit it. It does. You can barely kill anyone in 1v1s. Against a good bunker vs a good player, it’s a stalemate. No one dies for agesssss. Agesss. If you want glory as a Staff Ele, you can’t bunker. DD ele is much better at killing in 1v1s (though staff does own with a good team where you can sit back and fire away). In sPVP, can’t depend on having a good team. It’s every man for himself, so DD ele imo, is superior.

DD ele has better mobility, better escapes, better dps, better boons (auras), and better survivability, especially in 1v1s. Staff Ele has (arguably) better heals and better AoE. That’s it.

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

3. Staff is absolutely awesome in spvp exactly because it’s all about kills. Spvp is full of zerg encounters. You get credit for kills by hitting them all with aoes. Staff is beautiful at aoes. In the countless 3v3 or more situations, spamming your fields and watching your party using finishers for lots of regeneration/ chill/ vulnerability/ burning, while keeping your opponents CC’ed within your fields, alongside the occasional Meteor Shower, is an absolutely awesome way to farm for glory in spvp. The fact that ele bunkers are one of the stronger builds for the current meta,

What is a good staff bunker build?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They need to really look at some balance between weapon sets traits etc otherwise you will only see one type of ele in the game

In WvW its already happening.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

@ Arheundel,

You’ll have three cantrips to get out of stun/ daze, and a lot of condition removal with grandmaster’s water trait by using: healing rain (each time regen ticks), healing glyph on water, attuning to water, using a cantrip – one of them that removes four. If the healing glyph is rupted, it’ll go into a 5s cooldown, which isn’t too bad.

Mind Wrack is only available every 10ish-15 seconds, and other shatters aren’t usually a threat, so just keep putting fields and killing phantasms. Water-traited eles counter any condition builds, expecially when they’re all about stacking a single condition. Phantasmal Duelists auto-kill themselves if you use Magnetic Aura, which you should be prepared for when starting a battle againt a mesmer.

Giving examples of 2vs1 do not exactly make a good argument. A thief popping up from anywhere and cleaning up a duel works against anything. Likewise, water-traited eles only have real problems against conditions when they’re being targetted by more than one foe, but that’s perfectly normal, isn’t it?

I also don’t care about videos, so if you don’t agree with what I said, it’s fine.

@ LordByron,
Staff is a boring and static weapon when all you’re doing is standing far away spamming fields, aka, for most of pve. But I actually find it interesting in group fights for pvp, where skills like magnetic aura, gust + lightning field (to take them away from points) and the fire dodge are very satisfying to use, and negating movement for an entire running zerg while your party is raining arrows (and projectile finishers) on them also gives some pleasure. Of course, Staff is also in an unfair position, because it’s an Elementalist weapon. And all Elementalist’s weapons must inevitable be compared to one of the greatest, funniest and most adrenaline-intensive playstyles of any MMORPG ever, the Dagger/ Dagger Elementalist.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

OP, you think they will nerf staff auto attacks?

That is hilarious. The auto attacks of the staff is far worse than scepter auto attacks. It needs buffing, you mean.

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

SecondtoNone.7549

That is hilarious. The auto attacks of the staff is far worse than scepter auto attacks. It needs buffing, you mean.

I was being sarcastic.

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

I respect your thoughts but I didn’t make a post like that just for the hell of it.

I’m hoping that you can objectively and honestly share your thoughts when you go and quickly test several other professions along with the ele. It’ll only take about 20 minutes. You’ll notice that things just aren’t as “fluid” as the other professions has it.

This is totally irrespective of the casting times shown on each ability. I’m saying that in actual combat, the attacks just doesn’t have the quickness and “snap” to them like the other professions.

But I know many others will disagree and that’s fine, but I just feel that the ele isn’t getting the same benefit as the other professions in this regard

(edited by Expansive.3716)

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

The auto attacks of the staff is far worse than scepter auto attacks.

what? scepter’s autoattacks are made of garbage. Except for earth, which is awesome.
ice shards is extremely weak.
arc lighting is pretty much the worst move in the game, managing to be even weaker than ice shards in every possible way.
and flame strike would be cool except for the part where burning doesn’t stack intensity, making it do next to nothing when your target is already burning.
staff’s are at least better than that.
fireball does notably better dps than ice shards/arc lightning and is also AoE.
chain lightning is pretty weak, doing about as much dps as arc lightning to a single target, but it at least has that bounce, so it can hit multiple targets that can be pretty far apart, and does actually good dps when there are exactly two targets.
water blast doesn’t really do damage (less than half as much dps as ice shards!), but the heal-ps is actually pretty good, so it can have use in some situations.
stoning’s dps is pretty terrible, but it’s a 100% projectile finisher and applies a decent duration weakness (3s).
oh and all of them have 1200 range. So yeah, better than scepter’s non-earth autos. I’d buff scepter’s first for sure.

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

I was being sarcastic.

Hard to spot sarcasm in written form.

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

well, what most people doesn t understand of D/D is that we need to be free to do what we planned.

Think of dungeons for example:
If you need toress someone OR you get interrupted while ciclyng your combos, you are just almost out of the battle for 30 secs to a minute, waiting cooldowns.

You just have to wait attunement cooldown, skills cooldown and cantrips etc cooldowns, and when u wait you have to attune to something you won t need when coolddowns are finished…..

If everything goes well, you can do something continuosly (not at the level of a warrior .-. or guardian) otherwise you are useless because your skill cycling is not so flexible.

Imho.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Nerfphobia

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dark.6250

Dark.6250

I will post some tournies with sd ele bunkers up against 2 x guardian bunkers later just gotta find the links :P

Here ya go some tourny play sd ele bunker up against 2 x guardians enjoy :P

(edited by Dark.6250)