New 80 Ele; gearing up for roaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: digggaa.6895

digggaa.6895

Hey hey hello

Today my elementalist reached level 80. Now i got some problems with how the gearing-system in Guild Wars 2 works. I only want to fight against other players. So i want to get some equipment for solo roaming, but i’m not quite sure how and where to start.

I leveled with d/d but i would play fresh air ele too. Now i need some hints from you guys which specc to play (beginner friendly?) and how to gear up for it. I have ~35 Gold, ~700 WvW Badges ,~55 Laurels and 250k Karma to work with. I considered buying exotic gear out of the trading post. But is it a good start? What stats do i have to go for? I read about a zerk/soldier combination. But is that good for d/d too? what about the runes? I really dont want to “waste my money”.

I would really appreciate some help, esp. considering the new patch. I always find outdated stuff etc. Sorry for my bad english too, i’m no native speaker.

Thank you for reading.

(edited by digggaa.6895)

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Celestial is generally the best stat set for eles in general, and especially for d/d, which is very strong in PvP in general, as well as WvW solo roaming. Try to prioritize celestial armor and weapons over trinkets: trinkets are less efficient. Seeing as celestial is somewhat hard to get a hold of, a really good place to get cheap exotics to try out is the armor master in the WvW borderlands starting area. A full armor set is a mere 5 gold 44 silver, though the 950 badges required would limit your taking advantage fully and you would have to mix in some TP gear.

It’s generally accepted that our strongest PvP spec is celestial D/D with fire/water/arcane (or earth instead of fire if you find yourself overwhelmed by burst/conditions) and full cantrips (except for possibly the healing skill; in many cases ether renewal is too long of a cast and the signet heal ends up being better even untraited for d/d); lightning flash, armor of earth, and mist form being of course the ones you would take.

Sigil of battle is solid, as is bloodlust in WvW, although some people like to have an alternate set for sigil of night, during the night.

For runes, anything too good is expensive, so take a full set of what you like for now.

I hope this helps.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I would also buy an exotic celestial armor set. I donĀ“t know if you can get exotic celestial daggers from the WvW merhant for badges. Zerker are fine for damage.
Then buy an amulet with your laurel from the laurel merchant in WvW, and one ring.
You can then trade the remaining trinkets for your karma from the temple merchants i suggest soldiers from : http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Keeper_Jonez_Deadrun . Even if thats not celestial you can adapt it with the gem. Als you get more laurel you will change the trinkets out slowly.

This might look like: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoIA-TVCBwA4V/5oSOInAgFm8A8AAMrco4+Dp0DMRJIhAIvFA-w

Fits you buget and will do the job :-). The rune is a matter of taste.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Magira.6390

Magira.6390

I would also buy an exotic celestial armor set.

How and where? The Armordealer in WvW has certainly none.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Knight/Cav Mix for Armour
Berserks for Weapons
Celestial rest

or if lazy

Full celestial set

or if you want old school (/insert 80’s rap)

Full Soldier/Cleric mix

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Sorry celestial is account bound :-(. So yes Knighs is a good one.

That might fit then:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoIA-T1CBwA8Ux5oSOInAgFm8A8AAMrcgoKBp0DUc/hJKB1pOAhAIvFA-w

in Elementalist

Posted by: Magira.6390

Magira.6390

Sorry celestial is account bound :-(. So yes Knighs is a good one.

That might fit then:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoIA-T1CBwA8Ux5oSOInAgFm8A8AAMrcgoKBp0DUc/hJKB1pOAhAIvFA-w

The advantage of Cele is that it has more Stats than another Gear. A mix does not.

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I did not build a D/D ele till now. And if cele gear is out of reach it doesnt help.
I find Knights with a zerker weapon very tempting and did a staff build with it that is quite nice.
But it is has low healing. You have to know how to position and when to disengage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQFAWnMICNOglMA+MA8RgBCALKABgFgMJ7AlgaNkGGDA-TlCBwAVuAA8U/5oSvtKDWY6DwDAQlGiU6AmoEs3+DBAQAYnBCBQeLA-w

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

You can buy the WvW armor from the vendors. it’s much cheaper than buying from TP. But the only catch is you cannot salvage WvW armor.
Fresh air isn’t great for beginner eles, but it is always good to practice. You’ll learn to be a faster ele with fresh air imo.