New Arising Diamond Skin [Bug]

in Elementalist

Posted by: kybraga.7103

kybraga.7103

If you enter combat from gaining a condition, it won’t remove that one condition… Unless stacked again.
-Other than that, enjoy the replacement to water line.-

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

That is not a bug, its a feature.

Working as intended (only remove condition after getting hit).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

It’s not a bug. It’s a feature.

We gotta stop posting about DS and move on. It’s a dead useless trait. Karl not gonna change it. He doesn’t even read/post in this Ele forums.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

No its a bug where DS is only working in combat and when it dose this its not dealing with conditions from before getting into combat. Its not working as intended.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

It is not a bug, nethier feature. It is deception.
In preview, they said it removes condi every sec not every hit with 1 sec cd.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

(edited by rhodoc.2381)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Everyone thought that the preview would be the final stuff. We couldnt imagine it could be worse.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

And yet here it is!

in Elementalist

Sunshine.5014

No its a bug where DS is only working in combat and when it dose this its not dealing with conditions from before getting into combat. Its not working as intended.

The first tick doesn’t count. You need to get struck again for DS to remove the first condition. If your 2nd struck gives 2 conditions, tough love. It’s not a bug, it’s a feature. It’s not a great feature though.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

The first tick doesn’t count. You need to get struck again for DS to remove the first condition. If your 2nd struck gives 2 conditions, tough love. It’s not a bug, it’s a feature. It’s not a great feature though.

Is that how the 10 sec conditions remove effects work too?

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

No because they don’t have the having to be struck rule. The others, e.g., ranger only has the time component to the rule, so every 10 sec.

Diamond Skin has 3 rules:

- time component (1 sec);
- when struck – so you had to have a condi before getting struck; and
- health threshold – I don’t know this one for sure, but I imagine you need to be at 75% or more of health before getting the hit and not after the damage of the hit is applied.

So what OP described as a bug is a feature and working as intended.

in Elementalist

Sunshine.5014

I’m sorry I don’t understand what you meant with that.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

No because they don’t have the having to be struck rule. The others, e.g., ranger only has the time component to the rule, so every 10 sec.

- health threshold – I don’t know this one for sure, but I imagine you need to be at 75% or more of health before getting the hit and not after the damage of the hit is applied.

I do hope they changes that it takes a lot of what DS should be doing away.

The fact that it dose not remove the first conduction that is applied to you even though you are in combat seems more like a bug even if you would have to wait 1 sec. So it seems the skill is saying you do not have a condition on you becuse it was not on at the time of the condition i think IS a bug.

Waiting for 1 sec to start up seems ok though.

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

I do hope they changes that it takes a lot of what DS should be doing away.

The fact that it dose not remove the first conduction that is applied to you even though you are in combat seems more like a bug even if you would have to wait 1 sec. So it seems the skill is saying you do not have a condition on you becuse it was not on at the time of the condition i think IS a bug.

Waiting for 1 sec to start up seems ok though.

Again, it is not a bug.

You feel it is bad because it is horrible.

It has no relation with being in combat.

You need to understand it is not remove a condition per second.

The wording is – remove a condition when struck with a 1 sec internal cool down.

So once you are hit, if you have a condi, it removes 1. The trait then has a 1 sec cool down and if you are hit again after the cool down and you have a condi, it will remove a condi.

The above works only if you are above the health threshold.

So in a grotesque example, if you have 10 stacks of burning that last 5 sec and you don’t take any hits, you will suffer the condi for the entire duration because you weren’t hit (trigger to remove condi).

Thus it is not a bug.

If you want to argue it is a kitten tier trait, that is another issue. But the trait works as presented.

in Elementalist

MyPuppy.8970

Next patch: Diamond skin – updated the tooltip for clarification: it now describes the trait as following: “bad choice, you are screwed”

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Wow so messed up but I love it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Apparition.1576

Apparition.1576

I ran diamond skin on my ele.. but it’s so funny to watch how dependent you guys were on a broken skill.

Ele has a ton of condi removal and better master traits for removing them. I am sorry you have to actually think about your build now.

Lies.. I am not sorry.. this is hilarious.

One day.. all of you shall submit to the Flame Legion…. to me… I AM BLADABOS

in Elementalist

MyPuppy.8970

It’s not that we can’t play without it, it’s just that it is badly redesigned. Can’t we complain about having one more useless trait, at least?

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Correct me if I’m worng.
From what I think when I used Signet of Water its count 10s since its was equipped and then remove 1condition when 10th second since equipping hits. Am I so confused or its works like that. That its proc its condi remove when 10th second hits since equipp.

So maybe that second hit in reality time when exatly next second in server time hits/or since equipping it/or even since entering to instance to proc its condi removal ability? That means it doesn’t have cd. But rather pulse remove on every 1s of server time/since being equipped with additional requirement which is hp treshold and and being struck / maybe its even take amount of hits from late second / programming that trait could go in very very ways.

So maybe its have bug in way it was programmed.

I would also call it a bug, cuz they didn’t give more viable build and destroyed trait, that compared to other was significant, but on us somehow it worked, that I woudn’t dare call it op. Maybe tweak to not prevent application of conditions, but to give massive resistance, but with assume that chill is exception and it can be prevented from being applicated cuz of devastation that it does to that proffesion.

in Elementalist

MyPuppy.8970

I think it triggers on the first application of a condition, and starts its icd thereafter.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Everyone thought that the preview would be the final stuff. We couldnt imagine it could be worse.

Arenanet slogan:

Expect nothing. Still get disappointed.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

….so elementalists are masochists now?

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

….so elementalists are masochists now?

All auras give effect if you come up with idea to bait enemies with your hp, just to trigger effects.

in Elementalist

MyPuppy.8970

Arenanet slogan:

Expect nothing. Still get disappointed.

Or “expect the less, it’s gonna be worse”.

Honestly, one shouldn’t bother anymore and just adapt. That’s all I do. Of course we care for our favorite profession, but posting, suggesting and feedbacking here feels like talking to the wailing wall.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]