New D/D Aura Build

New D/D Aura Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dealdrick.9701

Dealdrick.9701

Since the nerf to might stacking with evasive arcana, I was looking for a different twist on the build, and came up with this. I just can’t find a third trait in the arcane line that I like enough to justify spending 30 points in it. Thanks in advance for looking, and drop some feedback on me plz =)

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/elementalist#3|3|1119|3984|48|1848|4480|0|0|0|0|20|1887|1607|0|0|0|0|0|30|1684|2261|2259|20|2250|2252|0|0|0|3|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

New D/D Aura Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arc.9374

Arc.9374

Pick up cantrip cd reduction in water instead of condition remove when attuning since you give yourself regen when you attune anyway, which removes a condition via cleansing water trait, so same effect – no need for trait redundancy.

Maybe think about bolt to the heart instead of air cd reduction, though that’s personal preference – cd reduction doesn’t really improve our damage that much, but each to their own, it’s not like bolt to the heart is super duper awesome anyway (just slightly better against high toughness targets).

But yeah, it’s pretty solid. Is basically the build I’ve been using for the last 6 weeks or more for pvp/pve/wvw. Use your runes and amulet choices to give the the defensive/offensive lean that you want, depending on playstyle.

Potaters!

New D/D Aura Build

in Elementalist

Dealdrick.9701

I went with condition removal on attune for the group effect, but CD reduction is a strong possibility. The reason I chose the 20% reduction on abilities in Air isn’t for direct DPS increase, it puts shocking aura on a 20 sec CD instead of 25, RtL down to 12. It’s more aura goodness (fury and swiftness more sustainable uptime), but 20% more damage to low health targets was my second choice. Still playing with it in game. Thanks for the response!

New D/D Aura Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

It looks sound. The only thing is the gear setup isn’t there. Any build with 20+ in water is pretty much on the right path anyway aura are great since you can keep fury up for when you need it but looking at that build you’ll need some boon duration (for what you lose from arcana). Beside that and having enough crit chance to justify your crit proc skills it looks good imho.

One thing though the 20% cd reduction on air skills I am not sure about it. I don’t mean this as grand criticism (I think the trait is fine to carry) just wondering if one of the other traits might serve you better. Bolt to the heart and soothing winds look pretty good to me but I feel 20% is still Ok since UD will be on a better cd and so will your main aura.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

New D/D Aura Build

in Elementalist

Dealdrick.9701

Bah, forgot to fill in gear section. Gear is mostly Valk and some Knights with runes focusing on boon duration, sigil of battle and sigil of blood. But ya, the choice between air CD reduction and increased damage to low health targets was the one I wasn’t real sure about. After playing with it some in game (just farming some mobs and what-not, no PvP yet) I’m liking it a lot. Shocking Aura is almost always up when I need it to be, which saves the water aura as more of an “oh $%^&” scenario skill, and RtL being on a shorter CD is pretty fun =) I’ll try running with Bolt to the Heart later today. Thanks!