New Ele builds to try in PvP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Hi guys, long time no see.

I know a lot of you are frustrated about the nerfs. Here are a few things to try, which works for me:

1. Sage classic D/D might stack (Fire/Water/Arcane or Earth/Water/Arcane)
    Try Scrapper Rune and Leadership
  2. Marauder glass staff (Fire/Air/Water)
    I used this to get to Legendary before, so it’s not that bad. If you can out play people in previous season, it’s easier after this patch since there is not that much a nerf. Moreover, there will be less sustain, so if you can snipe well, the opponents will be in a loop of “omg -> try to heal -> can’t outheal your damage -> die”

A few things that you may want to try “less”

1. Sustain Tempest
    Everyone is trying to make Tempest works now, but people have to realize that Elemental Bastion gets a -18.5% healing nerf, even with the highest healing power amulet in PvP. Shout heals gets a -20.8% burst heal nerf. If you want a sustain build, Water + Evasive Arcana is a better candidate now. Bonus point that it’s more fun to play.
Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Is this for ranked or unranked? Unranked, sure.

As for ranked, trust me those builds are a lootbag carrier. Seen a couple of people run glass staff ele and sustain tempest today and I just bursted them to 0 HP with revenant in approximately 4 seconds. I bet you I can do it in 2.5 seconds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zilvereen.2091

Zilvereen.2091

New elementalist here

Can you post more details about marauder staff build, utility skills , burst dmg sequence , etc. Thnx

in Elementalist

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

the old meta with mender amulet ? i used it sometimes and it seemed to me not bad… obviuously it is a little different gamestyle from cleric. …

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

the old meta with mender amulet ? i used it sometimes and it seemed to me not bad… obviuously it is a little different gamestyle from cleric. …

Right by now (if they don’t fix it) IMO is way better run old metà with sage+glyph of elementalist power.

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Sunshine, those are pretty close to as viable builds as possible, but a few things to consider:

1. Sage build: This is basically a bruiser, but can’t keep up with other bruisers like scrapper, druid, condi chrono, or warrior. Also, this has less team support than all but the warrior build, and has less mobility. You are better off just switching classes

2. Marauder staff: this build only works when you catch an opponent by surprise. If this build ever DID start seeing success (or any other squishy build), people will focus eles as a top target and kill it with ease, making the build worthless. The current best use of this build is to win a teamfight, then swap characters when you die (you don’t lose much on respawn timer if you swap right when you die).

in Elementalist

Posted by: MilkCarton.4087

MilkCarton.4087

These builds were viable about 2 years ago when I just started playing gw2. D/D might stacking was all the rage back then. If you got to legendary using core glass staff ele then I guess its true that most of the skilled players have left pvp already. Forget dodging, blocks, teleports and invuls; most of the damaging staff skills can be avoided by simply walking out of it. Did they stand inside meteor shower and lava font or something? Staff ele was laughed at way before HoT and I can’t imagine it becoming any better with the HoT powercreep.

in Elementalist

Sunshine.5014

….
If you got to legendary using core glass staff ele then I guess its true that most of the skilled players have left pvp already. Forget dodging, blocks, teleports and invuls; most of the damaging staff skills can be avoided by simply walking out of it. Did they stand inside meteor shower and lava font or something? Staff ele was laughed at way before HoT and I can’t imagine it becoming any better with the HoT powercreep.

Lol. I’m sorry, but I was an Ele main before daphoenix popularized the classic D/D build. I was between top 20 and top 100 ranked before this “league” system was even a thing. Anyway, of course a lot of good players left. I don’t take the game seriously anymore, and only login here and there to check out new content. That doesn’t mean there is no one who can use a core glass staff. Read my original post again. I made it clear that if you can use glass staff before, this patch shouldn’t give you much trouble. I don’t say that this patch is good for Ele, but if you dismiss the core glass staff right away like that, your Ele gameplay is not perfect enough to comment.

For anyone looking to improve their glass staff gameplay: get a good friend and practice 1v1 with a D/P Thief. The goal is to be able to survive 1m with a D/P thief chasing you. When you can do that, that means your mechanics is good enough.

Tips:

1. Count how many times you use Fire #4 in a match. If it’s less than 5 times, you’re doing it wrong.
  2. Always slot LF and Arcane Shield
  3. If you ever double dodge, you’re doing it wrong. When you’re under pressure, always use a defensive skill after you dodge before you dodge again.
  4. If you cast Air #5 with the enemy in the middle of the circle, you’re doing it wrong. Use it like Earth #4, use the edge.
  5. If you don’t know how to use LF well, then you can’t survive well either. Pop quiz: do you know how to teleport directly from the spawn path to inside the clock tower without climbing on any stair?
  6. If you can’t time reflect for Rev Sword #2, then you definitely need more practice before you can succeed with a glass staff Ele. Every time you use reflect, it should be timed to reflect a dangerous skill. Like, the keys of switching to Earth and press 3 should be a muscle memory.
  7. If you open combat or +1 in Fire attunement, you’re doing it wrong too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Excelvior.8520

Excelvior.8520

Tips:

1. Count how many times you use Fire #4 in a match. If it’s less than 5 times, you’re doing it wrong.
  3. If you ever double dodge, you’re doing it wrong. When you’re under pressure, always use a defensive skill after you dodge before you dodge again.
  4. If you cast Air #5 with the enemy in the middle of the circle, you’re doing it wrong. Use it like Earth #4, use the edge.
  5. If you don’t know how to use LF well, then you can’t survive well either. Pop quiz: do you know how to teleport directly from the spawn path to inside the clock tower without climbing on any stair?
  6. If you can’t time reflect for Rev Sword #2, then you definitely need more practice before you can succeed with a glass staff Ele. Every time you use reflect, it should be timed to reflect a dangerous skill. Like, the keys of switching to Earth and press 3 should be a muscle memory.

thank you for sharing these.
1) kinda noob with the LF, any tips for more maps?
2) I am always attuned to Air to engage (cause overload), is there something better?

in Elementalist

Sunshine.5014

Tips:

thank you for sharing these.
1) kinda noob with the LF, any tips for more maps?
2) I am always attuned to Air to engage (cause overload), is there something better?

I tend to not share these tips for selfish reason (I don’t want ANet to nerf Ele xD). But since I don’t play often anyway, so I’ll spill it out today

1. The best attunement for +1 a fight is.. surprised: Water. If you +1 any fight, the common mistake is jump in with Air #5 or Fire #2 Fire #5. It’s 50% chance the case that your friend is losing the fight, and die before your damage/CC can even make any difference. Starting with Water gives you a lot of advantage while +1’ing the fight. First, select your teammate instead of the opponent. If they are low on health, immediately use Water #3. If the opponent is a condi spam user, you can follow up with Water #5. If your teammate is not very low on health, use Water #2 and Water #4 (then Water #3 if needed), then switch to Fire. When you’re in Fire, it depends on the location that you will place a Fire #2 or just skip to Fire #3 (small point = lavafont, out of point or running = Fire #3 for guaranteed hit). Then Fire #5 if needed. In summary, Water gives you the most versatile set of “replies” you can use when you do a +1
  2. The best way to learn the LF spot is to make a thief, and go short bow #5 all the map. You will learn it slowly by watching good players too. I would say most of the time I survive because of a good LF. Let’s say I count that a Thief that used shadow step and stealth on me. I can easily teleport to the roof of the clock tower and survive just fine, while raining Fire #5 on the point.
  3. People under use Fire #4 a lot. You gotta learn how to travel faster using it. Also, time it well right after the enemy teleport to you can have an amazing effect. A combo I tend to use a lot when I got chased by a Thief/Rev is Fire #4, Earth #4 in the middle of fire trail, then Earth #1. It’s almost a guaranteed weakness hit. At that point, I’d be waiting for the Rev to do Sword #2 and reflect it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Excelvior.8520

Excelvior.8520

thank you!
1) I can understand the value of water for +1 fight, but what about opening a mid fight?
2) Nice tip, I’ll watch some thief videos, I guess the skill distance is the same?
3) I have no chance in hell to pull this off, nice tip though

in Elementalist

Sunshine.5014

thank you!
1) I can understand the value of water for +1 fight, but what about opening a mid fight?
2) Nice tip, I’ll watch some thief videos, I guess the skill distance is the same?
3) I have no chance in hell to pull this off, nice tip though

I open mid fight with Water too. People really underestimate the water regen buff that last 9s. Opening with Water in that fight means everyone in your team gets 1-2k HP “buff” for free. It’s amazing for morale since together with Water #5, it prevents your team from going into panic mode. People tend to put out a lot more pressure on the enemies if they feel their HP is in the safe zone.

I almost always wait for my teammate to jump on an enemy (or an enemy jump on my teammate) before I put Water #4/5 down on that fight. Most enemies panic when they feel the chill of Water #4. Then they realize their attack is not that effective because of my Water #5 on the fight. Your teammates also “accidentally” use your water field a lot of times (like Engi/Thief leap).

If the opponents also get hit with a Water #2, it’s almost 100% they will panic and start spamming their defensive/heal abilities. That’s perfect, since they will still have the chill (can’t cleanse Water #4 chill well since it reapplies every second). That’s your opportunity as a glass staff Ele to shine. Your job is to make sure they can’t heal faster than you deal damage to them. Let’s say they spend 1s trying to heal 5k. You should be able to deal 5k damage in 2s. When they realize their heal doesn’t really save them, they panic even more and play sub optimally (double dodge or spam defensive skills without thinking)

Your team should get the first kill, without you even switching to Fire yet if you’re lucky and hit the Water #2 burst. The water #2 delayed damage is actually a good thing here, since the opponent tend to dodge the first burst from your teammates. If they double dodge, they won’t have a dodge for water #2. The chill also helps.

If your team couldn’t kill, you can start sniping with Fire. Be prepared to execute your defensive combos if anyone jumps on you. Don’t jump in and try to Overload (if you have Tempest) unless that’s for cleaving a downed enemy (even then you have better options). Strictly stay outside and snipe. Also, if you can, try to time multiple skills so it “activates” at around the same time. For example, Fire #1 then Fire #3 while the fire ball is flying so they “hit” at the same time. Or Water #2 => Air #2. Burst is important.

If your team down one, that’s GG for you since you can put down a lavafont + Fire #5 on the down person. The common mistake is that people think because they are playing glass staff, they must stay in Fire at all time.

P.S: yes, the teleport range for Thief/Ele is the same.

(edited by Sunshine.5014)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

So I made this experimental build because i wondered why we have two new amulets.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMMAdOg9XCWYC8RgFRAbIAMASgEdgEQFwNtGXrrA-T5AFABAcBAaf/hFeAAAA
Site don’t support new patch so put seeker in amulet place. I found that with new amulets it’s extreamly easy to maintain perma protection. Made build for +1’ing and team figting. No 1v1. Gameplay is similar as Sunshine described zerk Staff. Use GS for rotating faster ( so don’t spam it at start).

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xibalbar.7459

Xibalbar.7459

So I made this experimental build because i wondered why we have two new amulets.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMMAdOg9XCWYC8RgFRAbIAMASgEdgEQFwNtGXrrA-T5AFABAcBAaf/hFeAAAA
Site don’t support new patch so put seeker in amulet place. I found that with new amulets it’s extreamly easy to maintain perma protection. Made build for +1’ing and team figting. No 1v1. Gameplay is similar as Sunshine described zerk Staff. Use GS for rotating faster ( so don’t spam it at start).

Wont work, your condicleanse is to low, your mobility is only working all 180 seconds. Simple as that, what an ele can do, other class will be better at the moment. 1+ builds only working with high mobility and disengage potential, i feel ele is at this point just not made for.

The condition idea is in a spot with burnguard so far, its easy to counter by kite. The toughness is so low, you gets eaten by heavy powerbuilds. There is not much vaible against most played classes/meta.

You have to consider what you bring on the table with a class. Maybe we can run with weird builds, but for competive matches there are not much options.

(edited by Xibalbar.7459)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Thanx for teh tipps. Luckyly after a year playing 99% ele i know :-). But i don´t use lighning flash annymore…. Maybe it´s time to go back …

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xibalbar.7459

Xibalbar.7459

You have to consider what you bring on the table with a class.

This is what I’ve been trying to grapple with. What does Ele/Tempest bring that is better than any other class?

From what I can tell, nothing.

Support: Druid
Mobility/+1/decap: DD
Damage: Warrior/Mes/Rev
Condi: Necro/Warrior
All-round bruiser: Scrapper

What Ele does is a little bit of everything…which means that if you build to specialize, some other class will be able to play that role better than you, and there is no need to take Ele.

I guess what I’m looking for, before I can start experimenting, is what ROLE should I FUNDAMENTALLY be building for?

Magi Tempest looks promising, but we’ll see; it’s still a healbot. Are there any other roles that we can excel in though?

The whole design of the ele is the problem. The weapons based on hybrids, the amulets not supporting it without losing complete surviability. In teamfights your going to be food by no armor, your hp`s brings nothing. Not much active defence, only the old problem: you have to overheal. Now, with lower stats, higher cds, removed clerics we are forced to play on a wise i cant feel good with it in matches.

The cooldowns long, the only weapon with a strong defence is focus, wash your pain away is crap now. (f2 of a guard does more heal wtf ) The staff is to slow, the damage of it you can counter by 1 simple dodge or just 1 step. Warhorn nothing to say. The d/d variant is not playable because in melee you will feel how fine traps are or scrapper can do. I dont have to tell what a warri will do.

All the solutions end in the same problem you cant face a single metabuild. Run fresh air, but the mobility isnt that good. And if FA, see the target over your head

I run with ele atm. with glyphs (heal glyph good heal by low cd ). Its a paladinbuild.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhUMoxhdOwoB8RsQBYE5gTQMQ4AEAGhuJ2GblF-TJBGAB7XGIgTAAAPAgb2fAA

Stunbreaker, a bit condicleanse, some mobility. Over glyphs ( the stunbreakerglyph is bugged, you can use it in every attunment 1 times, so 4 stunbreaks ) you can stack some protection and horrible effects on enemies. Based on melee, with rune of worm(? dunno english name for it xD ) to get more hp`s by bit more higher critdamage. I give it some more tests, it wasnt so bad, but it isnt that good.

(edited by Xibalbar.7459)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

Just tried running the old clerics build but swapped for menders and magis. It’s glassier, and your effect on the game is less now, and you can’t just mindlessly run around in a circle on node anymore. You have to kite a lot more, and hope your team peels for you better.

My thinking is a good team still needs heal support and the condi clears. It will be less now, but it’s still needed. Druids can’t really help with the condi clear aspect.

Thought about dropping tempest for arcane, but the overloads are handy with their stunbreaks and extra boons. And having access to shouts like rebound and the heal is still important.

What’s different is that you won’t be the primary point holder anymore. You can’t afford to sit there tanking hits, so I decided to drop Feel the Burn for an additional invuln ability. Obviously mistform is the obvious choice…but what about earth shield?

Yeah, I know it’s insane. No one uses conjures in PvP.

But CD is still 15 seconds less than mistform. Not a stunbreak, but you still have your attunements. Cast time is longer, so you have to use it earlier instead of waiting last second. And if you can drop the shield on top of a teammate who needs help, maybe. Might be useful.

Still needs more testing though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Marauder Staff (Or Paladin Scholar) is better on Tempest anyway. What do you even gain from going Fire?

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

Just tried running the old clerics build but swapped for menders and magis. It’s glassier, and your effect on the game is less now, and you can’t just mindlessly run around in a circle on node anymore. You have to kite a lot more, and hope your team peels for you better.

My thinking is a good team still needs heal support and the condi clears. It will be less now, but it’s still needed. Druids can’t really help with the condi clear aspect.

Thought about dropping tempest for arcane, but the overloads are handy with their stunbreaks and extra boons. And having access to shouts like rebound and the heal is still important.

What’s different is that you won’t be the primary point holder anymore. You can’t afford to sit there tanking hits, so I decided to drop Feel the Burn for an additional invuln ability. Obviously mistform is the obvious choice…but what about earth shield?

Yeah, I know it’s insane. No one uses conjures in PvP.

But CD is still 15 seconds less than mistform. Not a stunbreak, but you still have your attunements. Cast time is longer, so you have to use it earlier instead of waiting last second. And if you can drop the shield on top of a teammate who needs help, maybe. Might be useful.

Still needs more testing though.

So you basically are playing a support build that only tries to run away and support yourself to not die… You also aren’t doing damage b/c all of your damage is melee-range but you can’t get in someone’s face. You also can’t rotate to the right fights because you are slow as sin. So….why not just play druid who can heal from further away, 1v1 quite well, and get around the map with ease?

Marauder Staff (Or Paladin Scholar) is better on Tempest anyway. What do you even gain from going Fire?

Downed-state lava font, and some extra damage. Your whole job is just to drop damage and hope other people die before you.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in Elementalist

Mr Godlike.6098

Base healing nerfed so no sustain from tempest on marauder …
Overloads will force you to be closer to fight so you risks like thief being cleaved.
Traits adds nothing to support dps better…

Basically every core build is better without this specs.

Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Vicky.4563

So you basically are playing a support build that only tries to run away and support yourself to not die… You also aren’t doing damage b/c all of your damage is melee-range but you can’t get in someone’s face. You also can’t rotate to the right fights because you are slow as sin. So….why not just play druid who can heal from further away, 1v1 quite well, and get around the map with ease?

Have you never played with a team who knows how to rotate on and off a node before? You only need 1 person on a node at a time. Call out when you’re low and kite away. Also druids don’t provide team condi clear outside of a single signet and no one takes glyphs anymore. People will still rely on eles for condi clears.

And your speed hasn’t changed from clerics amulet, so what? Like I said, just don’t mindlessly facetank on a node, but I realize that might be a challenge for you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Hi guys, long time no see.

I know a lot of you are frustrated about the nerfs. Here are a few things to try, which works for me:

1. Sage classic D/D might stack (Fire/Water/Arcane or Earth/Water/Arcane)
    Try Scrapper Rune and Leadership
  2. Marauder glass staff (Fire/Air/Water)
    I used this to get to Legendary before, so it’s not that bad. If you can out play people in previous season, it’s easier after this patch since there is not that much a nerf. Moreover, there will be less sustain, so if you can snipe well, the opponents will be in a loop of “omg -> try to heal -> can’t outheal your damage -> die”

A few things that you may want to try “less”

1. Sustain Tempest
    Everyone is trying to make Tempest works now, but people have to realize that Elemental Bastion gets a -18.5% healing nerf, even with the highest healing power amulet in PvP. Shout heals gets a -20.8% burst heal nerf. If you want a sustain build, Water + Evasive Arcana is a better candidate now. Bonus point that it’s more fun to play.

as someone who has mained ele and warrior in PvP. I find that eles are just not as usable in most areas.

I like you found shouts not usable anymore and ive gone to a survivable dps build.

With rune of earth for the protection boons. Water-arcane-tempest Using the glyph heal because in earth form it gives protection and in fire form might. 2 cantrips and 1 skill depending on the team i fight with rebound.

Im using staff but i find i can survive well in 1 vs 1 on point and stay off the point in team fights.

Maybe its just me but i feel that the DPS isnt there since they nerfed D/D before HOT, staff was always the bunker weapon of eles and scepter doesnt have enough pop on it. So even though i feel i found something that is playable. I also feel it will under perform
vs the meta class at that position. For instance thief/warrior/rev roamer, DH/necro/engy bunker, and the specialist with mesmers and necros.

If anyone gots something else to try i would like to see something but that was the best i could do.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Welp, I’ve had a blast playing S/F Zerk FA Air/Arcane/Tempest with 3 Arcane skills. Though it was mainly only because for some reason I was barely even getting targetted by anyone at all which we can only dream of happening in high tier PvP. The moment someone gets on my kitten I’m pretty much dead be it condi or Power. Still fun though, dishing out 700k~1m damage in games flooded by lower tier players.

If only Anet would lower Arcane Shield’s CD and increase/remove the block threshold and actually give condition cleanse on traits outside of Water, I think it’s not a far fetched idea to think that it would be viable.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

People underestimate glass staff eles so hard it’s not even funny. The build is good assuming that the player is good (high skill cap), hence why you see people getting to legendary with it.

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

ele is a bit like guardin was now…. In lower tier play if you can handle him well it´s devasting. But high up i feat it´s no option anymore. But i still don´t know if ele support capabilities are high enough to still make sense, even if ele is trash compared to other classes damage or sustain.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Have you never played with a team who knows how to rotate on and off a node before? You only need 1 person on a node at a time. Call out when you’re low and kite away. Also druids don’t provide team condi clear outside of a single signet and no one takes glyphs anymore. People will still rely on eles for condi clears.

And your speed hasn’t changed from clerics amulet, so what? Like I said, just don’t mindlessly facetank on a node, but I realize that might be a challenge for you.

Do you even know the range of ele condi clears or you just act tough?
Do you know that for most part of the fight you’ll have to sit on top of your allies to clear anything?…I guess that for you understanding that would be a challenge

in Elementalist

Posted by: soulknight.9620

soulknight.9620

Well i tried staff marauders build, air/fire/water with cantrips as utilities (mist/LF/arcane shield) and well, it might be a l2p issue, but when a single thief/dh/warrior gets you on their tab, its a death situation. I can kite, run, do whatever i can, but the fact remains, im doing 0 for my team while saving my butt.
FA Sc/f worked better for me, but i really want to get some advices on how to stay alive by playing staff marauders build.
Its kinda demoralising when a warrior shoots you with rifle or LB for 8000 dmg in 1 skill/shot, and your attacks do somewhat 1500-2500 dmg on crits -_-
Any advices besides rolling a different class?

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

I am not even talking about holding a point 1v1. Really look at what your build provides as support:

- Healing: this is pretty good, but less than a druid now
- Boons: You share prot, vigor, and regen with 1 single skill: your lone shout that gives an aura. I guess rebound does too, but that CD is so high, its barely even a thing.
- Cleanse: You provide cleanse from soldier runes and regen…but only have wash the pain away, 1 utility shout, and rebound to proc soldier runes, and the only regen you share are from auras you share…which are only your utility shout. This is less cleanse than a water/arcana/x ele, and that requires you to be ontop of your team-mates. Good luck with that with in a teamfight with no toughness.

Honestly, this level of support is less than just running a shout warrior or guardian, who could easily build tankier and require less, or no, baby-sitting. The truth is, without toughness and healing power, support ele is simply not worth bringing. Even just keeping the build the same and taking either magi or mender’s, you become so squishy that a single burst build can easily snipe you. You can no longer reliably hold a point even 1v1, eventually losing out to bruisers, meaning you need great rotations. However, that rotational need is damped by your complete lack of mobility. Druids at least have RtL 2.0 on 12s CD, as well as a weapon-swap to either melee or range damage support in a fight. You are locked into melee, requiring you to either hop into the madness or stand on the sideline providing your 1 cleanse every 30s and periodic heals.

in Elementalist

Vicky.4563

I am not even talking about holding a point 1v1. Really look at what your build provides as support:

- Healing: this is pretty good, but less than a druid now
- Boons: You share prot, vigor, and regen with 1 single skill: your lone shout that gives an aura. I guess rebound does too, but that CD is so high, its barely even a thing.
- Cleanse: You provide cleanse from soldier runes and regen…but only have wash the pain away, 1 utility shout, and rebound to proc soldier runes, and the only regen you share are from auras you share…which are only your utility shout. This is less cleanse than a water/arcana/x ele, and that requires you to be ontop of your team-mates. Good luck with that with in a teamfight with no toughness.

Honestly, this level of support is less than just running a shout warrior or guardian, who could easily build tankier and require less, or no, baby-sitting. The truth is, without toughness and healing power, support ele is simply not worth bringing. Even just keeping the build the same and taking either magi or mender’s, you become so squishy that a single burst build can easily snipe you. You can no longer reliably hold a point even 1v1, eventually losing out to bruisers, meaning you need great rotations. However, that rotational need is damped by your complete lack of mobility. Druids at least have RtL 2.0 on 12s CD, as well as a weapon-swap to either melee or range damage support in a fight. You are locked into melee, requiring you to either hop into the madness or stand on the sideline providing your 1 cleanse every 30s and periodic heals.

Yup yup. Ele so useless Pro League teams weren’t running them at all with menders amulet today and yesterday right?

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Support is never useless. Even if ele is total garbage in 1:1 and no fun playing if he can support and heal teammates it´s a possible pick because support in a team > then no support …. The will most likely always be a support spot in a team ….
So this does´t mean ele is in a good spot an fun to play …

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

Support is never useless. Even if ele is total garbage in 1:1 and no fun playing if he can support and heal teammates it´s a possible pick because support in a team > then no support …. The will most likely always be a support spot in a team ….

Support is useless if the opportunity cost and disadvantage to the team as a result puts that team at a disadvantage. Support is also useless if they can be effectively focused down, nullifying the support while also again putting the team at a disadvantage.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Except, when your support is easier to chain/burst than other DPS roamer, you probably don’t want to support anymore.

Way easier to kill your opponent first, than trying to out-sustain a Power DPS build on mender.

So, Fresh Air Tempest > Any support coming from mender or magi.

People need to understand that it was easy to kill a Cleric Tempest with some focus fire and CC. Now, it’s a joke you can do alone, for fun.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

You are right, support isn’t useless. It is just that engie and druid do it strictly better.

Compared to both of these options:

Eles:
+ Cleanse more condis
+ Heal slightly more than engie, less than druid
- Have less hard mitigation for themselves
— Have way less map mobility, so inevitably lose out in the rotation game
— Have way less damage
—Have way less res capability than either (less invuln, no gyro res/stomp, no pet to dps for cover).
— Cannot win any 1v1s against anyone, can only stalemate a fight if caught 1v1. Cannot escape if +1’d.

The benefits are very minor, while the minuses are EXTREMELY large and significant. It is no wonder why every team has druid+scrapper, or will in the next couple weeks.

To put it simply, ele is stricly a worse support option now that it is less tanky, forced into melee-range, does less damage while in melee range, and survives less well to burst pressure. A lot of this comes from having an unviable specialization weapon, while both specializations have arguably OP weapons (scapper hammer has so much hard mitigation, pressure, mobility, and CC, while Druid staff gives RtL that blasts and evades on a 12s CD, good pressure, some decent cc, and an extra water-field to boot).

Oh well, maybe next go-around they won’t be so clueless with the class specialization, but given how hard they failed this time (just making a more boring and slightly tweaked version of what eles already did), I have exactly 0 faith.

in Elementalist

Mr Godlike.6098

You are right, support isn’t useless. It is just that engie and druid do it strictly better.

Compared to both of these options:

Eles:
+ Cleanse more condis
+ Heal slightly more than engie, less than druid
- Have less hard mitigation for themselves
— Have way less map mobility, so inevitably lose out in the rotation game
— Have way less damage
—Have way less res capability than either (less invuln, no gyro res/stomp, no pet to dps for cover).
— Cannot win any 1v1s against anyone, can only stalemate a fight if caught 1v1. Cannot escape if +1’d.

The benefits are very minor, while the minuses are EXTREMELY large and significant. It is no wonder why every team has druid+scrapper, or will in the next couple weeks.

To put it simply, ele is stricly a worse support option now that it is less tanky, forced into melee-range, does less damage while in melee range, and survives less well to burst pressure. A lot of this comes from having an unviable specialization weapon, while both specializations have arguably OP weapons (scapper hammer has so much hard mitigation, pressure, mobility, and CC, while Druid staff gives RtL that blasts and evades on a 12s CD, good pressure, some decent cc, and an extra water-field to boot).

Oh well, maybe next go-around they won’t be so clueless with the class specialization, but given how hard they failed this time (just making a more boring and slightly tweaked version of what eles already did), I have exactly 0 faith.

Agree…they simply don’t care about our feedback here

Kawaleria (KW)