New Elementalist Weapons

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: THE DOCTOR.3510

THE DOCTOR.3510

So what weapons would you like to see on Elementalists, I would like to see MH sword, OH axe, and maybe pistol and greatsword.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: HuntsForge.3260

HuntsForge.3260

For some reason I dont want any that can be conjured, not that anyone uses them anyway I just dont think we should get them as a weapon option as well. Pistol would be cool tho, and torch but only if the effect of the flame changed with attunement.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

A torch where the fire changed on attunement would be awesome. o.o

I never thought of that.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I read someone’s suggestion for an off-hand torch for elementalist and thought that was a novel idea.

Another I might suggest would be a Bow, both long and short, with the short having your mid-range with some interesting mobility skills and your longbow being long range with some decently high ST damage with perhaps a deficiency of utility…but more importantly, attacks that aren’t all projectiles.

PS: on the point about not copying the conjures, I’m actually hoping someone comes up with a better solution for these utilities. I don’t think they’re bad, just not always practical in use. A change in their core use to reassess their concept or just make them more usable may be in order, but having more weapon options can add more playstyles that conjures just don’t accomplish.

(edited by Leo G.4501)

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

MH sword, greatsword or torch would be fun. They should probably make focus more interesting first. But yeah, more options isn’t a bad thing.

But holy hell, no guns. Guns are so.. anti-medieval/fantasy. That would be very un-elementalist like. Spellsword = cool. Spellgun = Wha.. ?!

edit: Bow would indeed be fun as well.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Since when was gw2 medieval or high fantasy, it’s full of magitek and steampunk.

I want every weapon we don’t already have in some form.

Sword, Mace, pistol, rifle, torch.

Though it’ll take a while to think of 12/20 skills for each that aren’t unbalanced… :P

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

Main hand and off hand sword, both as melee weapons.

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

whip ty .

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Trivike.1973

Trivike.1973

So i think that most the weapons we have ele are fit for class. i dont think we need to add swords or great swords. a bow wouldbe nice as said in an earlier post. but i think maybe some type of bracers or something like bracers

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

I would like sword and dagger to be given to every class, both main hand and offhand pairs. They are basically the most ‘basic’ fantasy weapons that I feel all classes should have access to, haha. Heck, you saw Gandalf using a sword, didn’t you? XD

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Then I want to dual wield Sword/Staff. :p

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sons.5493

Sons.5493

Element bending with no weapons. Thank you very much Arenanet.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Leo G.4501

Anet: Oh NONOnono no no no no. No no no. Nooo no…./chuckle. No…

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ian Kennedy.4563

Ian Kennedy.4563

I think an ele would not do very well with a melee weapon other than a dagger. They are so squishy sometimes. However, a bow would be very interesting, another idea that i liked was the torch, that seems like a very viable option.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Leo G.4501

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: THE DOCTOR.3510

THE DOCTOR.3510

Yeah I thought the torch changing color on attunement was a good idea, was going to mention torch as an idea in my original post but i forgot. Longbow would be awesome to see too.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

We have dagger for close/mid range AOE and Staff for long range AOE.

Would be nice having a Bow for long range single target (Along the lines of the Warrior rifle) and a MH axe for close/mid range single target. The scepter seems to try to do this but struggles with what it’s actually specializing in.

Don’t really care what the weapons actually are, just having long and short range single target weapons would be nice, with the appropriate additional damage.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

pistol/torch would be nice… torch could eaily fill the role of the whip that alot of people seem to want

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: BioMasterZap.4350

BioMasterZap.4350

A torch where the flame changed with attunement? That would be cool. For months I’ve been hoping they make a new staff, probably legendary, that does the same thing (burning on fire, frozen on water, lightning, on air, etc).

As for what weapons I’d like to see added…not many really. Torch would be cool since we do lack off hand options (pretty much all dagger, focus isn’t too common). I would love to see what a torch on fire would do XD I would be interested to see Greatsword, but I got a feeling we’re better off with conjure.
Besides that, I’d rather see brand new weapons not in the game. One person already mentioned Whip; personally, I think may just be awesome for an ele (although it may be just because I find whip a bit symbolic from another mmorpg). I would expect it to be like Vapor Blade is on daggers, only like that for all attunements =P Beyond that, I can’t think of any new weapons types that seem suited for an elementalist.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

I made a post like this a while back. I believe mainhand sword would be fitting(magic swordsman) and made a rough model of what the abilities could be. Feel free to check it out.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/One-Handed-Sword-Elementalist/first#post1229482

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Tbh, none.
People say ’’torch’’, but how FIRE torch woud work in air, water, earth? Something what’s burning would deal electric damage or chill?
I like the way it is now. The only thing about weapons i don’t get is two handed axe overall (but maybe the reason is that it’s pro-warrior weapon).

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Midgardener.6701

Midgardener.6701

I wouldn’t mind being able to use a spear on dry land. For any class.

Hermits have no peer pressure.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

Anything that works as a more single-target oriented long-range option for eles; maybe a greatsword, like mesmers.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Leo G.4501

Tbh, none.
People say ’’torch’’, but how FIRE torch woud work in air, water, earth? Something what’s burning would deal electric damage or chill?
I like the way it is now. The only thing about weapons i don’t get is two handed axe overall (but maybe the reason is that it’s pro-warrior weapon).

Come on, everyone has heard of that cliche ‘cold fire’. I haven’t really paid considerable attention to the look of torches though, so not sure what the different ones look like. I do know that some have unikittenfects and trails so just changing the color of the flame might not be an option since some have a different color graphic to begin with (I think the Glyphic Torch has a blue orb and the Gastly Torch a blue flame).

Someone did a write-up on Sword main-hand as well as a Torch off-hand, anyone feel like doing a write up on anything else? Perhaps a bow? :P

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Greatsword and dual scepters. Greatsword could be a melee weapon (300 yards) similar to dual daggers and the off hand scepter would have offensive abilites at (900 yards).

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Giovanni.4156

Giovanni.4156

While I disagree with adding most of the weapons to the Elementalist’s arsenal, I do think that torches would be a great addition. Adding any kind of sword or axe or mace would just make them feel like an everything class. However, torches could be cool. In fact, I can think of a number of skills that would fit a torch. I’ve also been thinking of a warhorn that could cast sound based spells, such as an earth attunement spell that causes shockwaves. Just an idea.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

Tbh, none.

lightning whip would suit an air torch very well… shame its on daggers "/
electricity can burn
frost can burn
… earth cant… but they could add some volcanic stuff to earth (since its a torch… fire as a weapon it… sort of… makes sense)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

I don’t normally like ranged combat, but a shortbow would be really cool on an Ele, imo. :>

And this would be REALLY cool.

WAIT! Even better!

http://www.gameswallz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ninja-gaiden-2-Claws-of-Death.jpg

Fire/ice/electric/earth CLAWS. Awwwww yeeeeah. Make it happen, ANet! >:D

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by zTales.4392)

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Anything that works as a more single-target oriented long-range option for eles; maybe a greatsword, like mesmers.

Hear hear. Long range single target weapon would be amazing.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Torches seem to have to the most sense, then again I’d squeal with joy if they ever let us use pistols.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

I would either like a long-range single target weapon, maybe a longbow, that could be used for sniping stuff.

Or a short-range but more active defense set like gauntlets. Sort of like D/D only made for better dueling, with evasion options and single target damage.

I would NOT like pistols. Too steampunk for me and don’t really fit the elementalist theme.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Artemis.6283

Artemis.6283

Greatsword, dual sword, Claws and a kitten whip =)

you could also combine whip and claw :P http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database/art/view.pl?id=98097

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

Greatsword

3 Legendaryes …. I rest my case

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I think Elementalists need 2 weapons. A mainhand Sword, and an off-hand Scepter

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: iTB.1428

iTB.1428

whip ty .

ic what you did there!

I bet you run in Profane Armor you naughty naughty

I tb | Necro Raiders [NR]
Aurora Glade

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Squirrelkingthird.2764

Squirrelkingthird.2764

Even just a sword would be really cool for an elementalist

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

I’m with the sword crowd. goes to his seat

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Melee pistols could be cool. Point blank shots for huge explosions and lightning bolts ayyyyyy

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

I thought this was the elementalist’s forum, not the necromancer’s.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

MH sword, with a leap on each 3 to synergize with aura builds.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

I’d love to see scepter adjusted to fill the role of “ranged single target”, complementing staff’s ranged area damage.

I love dagger’s in-your-face mobility and damage. I’d like to see a MH sword that’s more focused on active survival and stability, giving the profession a front-line option. Blocks, evades, aegis, blinds, and stability would be awesome.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The thing is MH weapons dictates at what ranged ele will be fighting at so staff is the 1,200 scepter is the 1,000 900 ish and dagger in the 300-600 i am not sure if sword would fit for a MH chose unless it was 250 and less ranged and that is a very bad range set for something like ele. The off hand wepon dictate how the class will play as in dmg aimed def aimed or support aimed. This is where a sword could come into play with an evasive type of play. So like off hand dagger but with a bit more mobility and less big dmg hits.

There room for 2h weapons for ele but more on the lines of “mages 2h weapons” so like short bow maybe hammer kind of the defensive mages. I do not see something like GS working well on ele it would be too much of an melee type of wepon for an ele spec class what your more likely to see is ranged 2h weapons or near ranged 300 to 600 (something i can see hammer pulling off shock waves like attks).

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

MainHand Trident or Spear. They already have the kitten models, just give them some out of the water abilities kitten .

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swiftwynd.1685

Swiftwynd.1685

I’d love it if Ice Bow could be reworked as a decent 1,200 range pure damage Conjure, using the long bow model instead of the short bow, and we could get a new Heal Skill Conjure: Conjure Water Mace.

We could have our healing / supportive Conjure moved to Water Mace, and it could be a nice melee healing play style, healing nearby allies, removing conditions, applying protection etc. Would go well with some base Elementalist builds and definitely some of my Tempest builds.

As far as new weapons for Elite Specs:

I’d definitely be on-board with Dual Claws / Fist weapons if we ever get a Cantha themed Elemental Specialization. This would be a single target, "2-hander’ set for the Elementalist that would focus on mobility, single target melee effects, and locking down and trading blows with a foe in melee range:

I’d call it the Disciple: The Disciple can activate their attunement while in it to become Devoted to that attunement, putting all other Attunements on recharge for 20 seconds, and greatly enhancing their current attunement as they channel the energies directly into their body, assuming their Elemental Form Disciplines.

Fire Discipline: Your Condition Damage and Damage are increased by 30%, and Recharge Timers are reduced by 25%. You receive +15% incoming damage and Condition damage.

Air Discipline: Your Activation times are decreased by 25%, you gain permanent Super Speed, and Recharge Timers are reduced by 25%. Incoming Cripple and Chill apply 1 second of Immobilize.

Water Discipline: Your Healing Power is increased by 25%, Healing Power contributes to your Power and Condition damage, and Recharge Timers are reduced by 25%. Poison’s healing reduction is increased to 50% when applied to you.

Earth Discipline: You receive -20% Condition Damage and Damage, gain Stability (3s) every 3 seconds, and Recharge Timers are reduced by 25%. Your movement speed is permanently reduced by -15%.

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Pistol!

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Magical Discs. /15chars

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

New Elementalist Weapons

in Elementalist

Leo G.4501

Look at my 2year younger self being all reasonable and well spoken. Ain’t he cute?