New Elite: Avatar State

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ralloff.7359

Ralloff.7359

So we all agree our elites are mediocre right? Yes. We do. But that can change. What I propose here is a new elite skill to put us on par with all other classes. Avatar State.
Avatar State would be like a glyph, but not really because it would use all of your elements at once(Making it nothing like a glyph).
Overview.
Cooldown: None.Elementalists don’t need those.
Duration:5 minutes
Gain all auras
Gain All Boons(Stability lost if deactivated)
New boon: Max fury: 300% crit chance. Crit multiple times per hit
Invunurable
Replaces skill bar with a bunch of awesome kitten.

When activated becomes [Avatars Judgment]
:Remove skill bar of all Elementalist within 3000 range.Forever. And thieves. kitten those guys.

Its what we all wanted when we picked ele. Make it happen A Net.

/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised
Leader of the 3 man Pop Up Pirates(POMF)
Pretty OK Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: cero.1209

cero.1209

Funny that you mention that. I feel that would break the game and class for me. That being said, I have thought of something similar. Instead of lasting 5min id like to see maybe 10sec. I would like to see an ele elite where we can cover ourselves in the element that we are attuned to and gain an advantage and a fall back depending on the attunment.
If you are in the fire attunment your character would cloak itself in fire and do more damage to burning foes, all your skills cause 40% chance to burn foes, takes double damage (work like fury for warrior).
For water, the ele becomes like an ice elemental and chills foes with attack and has a higher passive regen like if the ele is in water attunment, draw back would be a damage reduction.
If in air, the ele would have perma swiftness and have 50% crit chance bonus to the base crit chance. In this stance the ele would take more damage, but not as much as the ele would be taking if in fire.
If in earth, the ele cannot attack or move, but becomes invulnrable and sends out a knockdown wave every second for the duration of the state. When the ele leaves the state after the time is expired they would be crippled for 3 seconds.

Tl;DR
state lasts 10sec with a 180sec cooldown
fire state grants best damage boost and high chance to burn foes while taking double damage.
water state grants better regen and chills foes, damage reduction
air state grants speed and deadly accuracy for slightly higher damage intake
earth state grants invincibility along with pulsing knock downs, cannot move or attack

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Thief’s skill backstab, will block the chi in the avatar, rendering his ability to cast magic (thus removing everything on his skill bar) for 5 minutes.
Let the game begin

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phoenixlord.7015

Phoenixlord.7015

I would rather see something like

Elemental State: Wrap all the elements around you augmenting your abilities and gaining a boon based on what atunement you are in every time you attack.

Basically, every time you attack you get 5 secs of might in fire, 5 secs of fury in air, 3 secs of protection in earth, and 5 sec of regeneration in water

And it also makes your 1 ability stronger

d / fire / shoots one additional dragons claw
d / water / adds a chill effect that lasts 2 secs every time it hits
d / air / adds an additional lightning whip
d / earth / roots target for 1 sec and applies 1 additional stack of bleeding every time it hits

sc / fire / does the total damage of the burn instantly and applies the burn to enemies within 10 yards
sc / water / shoots one additional projectile and heals nearby allies for a small amount
sc / air / last 1 second longer and applies a blind at the end of the channel
sc / earth / shoots one additional projectile including the bleed effect

st / fire / the fireball is 2x as big and has 2x the aoe radius and also hits for 15% harder
st / water / the heal is doubled and it shoots one additional projectile
st / air / the projectile bounces to 2 additional targets and applies a blind to those it hits
st / earth / increases the projectile speed greatly and applies cripple for 5 secs

Elite duration 30 secs
Elite Cooldown 90 secs

and the animation of this elite has to be a huge aura that is all the elements combined into one.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bean Muncher.5197

Bean Muncher.5197

OP was trolling. No need to reply seriously.
My work here is done.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phoenixlord.7015

Phoenixlord.7015

My work here is done.

except the thing is, it doesn’t have to end as troll fodder

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

@Phoenixlord
That’s actually a really good idea. Obviously, numbers/effects would have to be tweaked, but the general idea is pretty solid.

Or it could be something like the Elementalists version of the Necros Lich.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

My work here is done.

Thanks, Captain! You’re my hero.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

There may be some balance fine tuning needed, but even then: No. Just No. The last thing the elementalist needs is another Elite Skill which replaces 20 skills with 5.

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hynoris.3684

Hynoris.3684

Let me put a utility skill in my elite slot that all i need…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ralloff.7359

Ralloff.7359

@hynoris I like my idea much more but I think I’d settle for that.

/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised
Leader of the 3 man Pop Up Pirates(POMF)
Pretty OK Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kthr.2781

Kthr.2781

I have thought of something similar. Instead of lasting 5min id like to see maybe 10sec. I would like to see an ele elite where we can cover ourselves in the element that we are attuned to and gain an advantage and a fall back depending on the attunment.

This is actually kind of nice. It would be in tune with conjured weapons, sacrificing our skills for 5 new ones of awesomeness during a small period of time. We would become one with the element we’re representing, able to draw forth long forgotten powers.

But seriously, if by using them we get acess to some pretty hardcore utility skills(as in major healing/chill on water, slows and immobilize on earth, moar damage and burn in fire[some men just want to see the world burn!] and boons(crit?) for allies on air.) I could see this being really usefull in any fight, while not completly obliterating the enemy. To compensate we could get drawbacks from using them, perhaps more dmg from the oposing element for 30secs, or even higher cooldown on attunement swap after the elite runs out.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Let me put a utility skill in my elite slot that all i need…

Oh god, YES.
This thousand times over, just let me take one more normal utility skill.
…that should say something about elites

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

This actually sounds like a cool idea minus the fact that its overpowered unserious crap.

But on seeing the title I was thinking something like an elite which would unleash your full mastery over your current element. It would lock you into your current attunement, signifigantly increase damage done as well as adding boons / debuffs to your attacks, and give you an impressive visual effect as though you’re overflowing with elemental power according to whatever attune you’re currently in (so if in Fire you’d basically light yourself on fire, air you’d be surrounded by wind field and electricity would be surging over your body, ect).