New Fire Trait is useless?

in Elementalist

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

It says it has a 5 second cooldown. Does this mean a UNIVERSRAL cooldown, as in that pet that just bit you and got blinded means you cannot blind anyone for 5 seconds? If so, the trait is useless.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

The trait is useless.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Yeah, I’ve tried it out, not worth anything.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Tried it on a friendly match vs hambow. The “random” blinds annoyed the hell out of him

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dolores.5471

Dolores.5471

Well, sucks that it’s an universal cooldown, but then again if it weren’t eles would be able to blind up to 20 ppl with a single skill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Yeah, but at least when I fight with Sprit Ranger, it should blind the ranger not the sprits from a random AOE proc.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The global cooldown makes it useless yes.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Anet, please. Make it 3 targets.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Well so much for all those new builds people were putting together for the fire trait. These traits are doing an amazing job of creating new diverse builds Anet, Good job!

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Lame.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I wouldn’t say the trait is useless, I’ve been using it for solo roaming and dueling and in that scenario it seems to be working out quite well. If it had a blast radius after applying the burn so it did an aoe around the burned target though that would be pretty cool.

I’ve been running 30/0/0/10/30 or 30/10/0/0/30 (burning precision, burning fire, blinding ashes)
D/D: generosity sigil, leech sigil
Utility: Lightning Flash, Cleansing Fire, Arcane shield
Celestial Amulet
Been using Str runes but I keep changing them to experiment

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Dueling is about ALL that it is good for… and even then is it really worth it to go 30 fire? Debatable.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Well, sucks that it’s an universal cooldown, but then again if it weren’t eles would be able to blind up to 20 ppl with a single skill.

You mean like thieves can with any of their smoke fields?

If the blind were short, I don’t see a problem with no CD on the trait as the challenge would be how quickly you could apply and clear burning.

As it currently stands, it’s an adept trait.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

The GCD and the randomness of the blind on AoE-spells kills this trait. I’ve always pointed out that blinds need to be timed very well (Scepter Air-3 is perfect ). So a random blind will often just negate a single autohit and would therefore be a complete waste.
It’s impossible to track the inner CD and therefore you often don’t get your blind when you need it (when you activate cleansing fire just for the blind for example).

Imho using a scepter and running a Fresh-Air-build will provide better blinds. It may not be available that often but you can use it for specific attacks which is way more important than the CD.
Once again Anet seems to not have thought this one through …

Overall I think that the patch didn’t change anything for eles. Only noteworthy good change is Burning Speed and maybe Stone Heart (haven’t tried it out yet) but I think it will fail like Diamond Skin just because it forces you to stay in earth and this isn’t how you play an elementalist.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in Elementalist

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

fought an ele using it on me as a warrior. found it quite annoying considering a warrior must land all his big hits to be effective.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gearbox.2748

Gearbox.2748

fought an ele using it on me as a warrior. found it quite annoying considering a warrior must land all his big hits to be effective.

So you cant fight a thief. Mesmer, guard etc who also have access to blind?
or is it just how often the blinds can be applied’+? if so how often does a thief with D/P blind you pr minute?- or stealth evade.— I’m thinking if you need ALL big to hit- you will have a very hard time.